SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
That Kirkland beer reminds me of the "Beer" and Lite Beer" sold with the generic labels back in the day.

Sipping some Evan Williams 1783 with a cube. A warmer first taste then a bit smoother than the green and back labels. Old Grand Dad is on deck.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Didn't know that Kirkland had canned beer. I usually buy a case of their bottles (4 varieties of beer per case) when I have a fish fry. I like their German lager and their amber. My friends who like IPA like their IPA and APA.

Then again, I haven't lived in the USA in over 2 months and things in Canada are slightly different. For example, Canadian Costco dumped AMEX on 12/31/14 and on 1/1/15 became exclusively MasterCard (partnered with capital one for the Costco MasterCard). Surprised the hell out if me last week.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23257 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Chateall Ste Michelle 2011 Indian Wells Red blend or Bogle Vineyards 2012 Essential Red, Gary Smile

Posts: 493 | Location: wa | Registered: October 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grey Goose & cranberry juice!

Posts: 872 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
Springbank 16 Cask Strength (Amontillado Sherry Cask). Cool

-BK

"If it's all the same to you, I'd really prefer to visit the range."

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two big scoops of protein (60g) and 24oz water...

Posts: 56 | Location: Alabaster, Alabama | Registered: January 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HWStevens
posted Hide Post
Springbank.

Posts: 2098 | Location: Camp Swift, Texas | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
FINALLY! Can't mail order any booze from out of state so we're at the mercy of the distributors. My quest met success today in finally finding Redbreast Irish Single Pot Still Cask Strength (115 Proof)! It is said to be a flavor bomb that shouldn't even be subjected to a drop or two of water... just drink it as is Smile I intend to sample it very very soon Smile

oh for those curious, it was $74.99 plus $5.25 tax. Regular Redbreast 12 year has hit $59.99 now. Few years back it was but $42. Sigh Frown

Stock photo:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
Laphroaig 10 Original Cask Strength. Cool

quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

FINALLY! Can't mail order any booze from out of state so we're at the mercy of the distributors. My quest met success today in finally finding Redbreast Irish Single Pot Still Cask Strength (115 Proof)! It is said to be a flavor bomb that shouldn't even be subjected to a drop or two of water... just drink it as is Smile I intend to sample it very very soon Smile

Good deal, man. At first, see how you like it neat and then take it from there.

-BK

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
Springbank 17 Single Cask (Fresh Oloroso Sherry Cask). Cool

-BK

posted Hide Post
Hanger 24 California Spring Beer. Very nice.

Posts: 756 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Old favorite, Old Overholt.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HWStevens
posted Hide Post
The Botanist gin, Fever Tree tonic and 1/4 lime on the rocks.

Posts: 2098 | Location: Camp Swift, Texas | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

oh for those curious, it was $74.99 plus $5.25 tax. Regular Redbreast 12 year has hit $59.99 now. Few years back it was but $42. Sigh Frown

Speaking to that, it would seem that my beloved 15 y/o Dalwhinnie has jumped up in price significantly. I could swear I was only paying around $50 or so not even a year ago. If I'm not mistaken, it was well over $60 the last time I walked through a liquor store (which was last week).

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
A James Bond Vesper- 3 parts Bombay, 1 part Grey Goose, 1/2 part Lillet, with a lemon twist and a few dashes of Fee Bros Orange Bitters for good measure.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight is New Belgium's Portage - a seasonal Porter. Not bad but I'm not sure I'd buy it again.

Posts: 942 | Location: West/Central Indiana | Registered: December 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Magic Hat #9, a pale ale with a hint of apricot. It's delicious

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
Sweet Jeebus, PASig! Ya' think you might have a bigger picture of your beer? Razz

-BK

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That's to scale. And as a result, I just tried to drink my tablet.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

That's to scale. And as a result, I just tried to drink my tablet.

Big Grin

-BK