SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Redbreast cask strength neat Smile

Exploring the nuances of this Irish single still offering. Yes it is different than the normal 12 year old Redbreast.

I'm finding I "chew" a small sip to extract all the amazing subtleties on the tongue Smile

Addendum: It is Batch B1/13 which is the third batch the distillery has released; this one in 2013.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Drinking fancy tonight....

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Drinking fancy tonight....

Good deal, Jesse.

quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

...I'm finding I "chew" a small sip to extract all the amazing subtleties on the tongue Smile

There ya' go, amigo. Savor that spirit. Wink

Slàinte,

-BK

"If it's all the same to you, I'd really prefer to visit the range."

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
BK,

It is interesting to note that there appears to be a gradual increase in strength (ABV) among the batches thus far:

B1/11 is 57.7%
B1/12 is 58.6%
B1/13 is 59.9%

120 Proof is a damn site different than 80! Zowie!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Bulleit 10 Bourbon with one ice cube

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Tried our first batch of mead tonight. Started it the 5th of November. Interesting stuff, I thought it would be much sweeter.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
Springbank 17 Single Cask (Fresh Oloroso Sherry Cask). Cool

quote:

BK,

It is interesting to note that there appears to be a gradual increase in strength (ABV) among the batches thus far:

B1/11 is 57.7%
B1/12 is 58.6%
B1/13 is 59.9%

120 Proof is a damn site different than 80! Zowie!

Ha! Yes, my friend, going from 40% ABV to nearly 60% ABV can be a fairly significant transition if you don't take that particular trip on a regular basis! Big Grin

FWIW, I've seen similar increases/fluctuations with annual batches of certain cask strength expressions. Laphroaig 10 Original Cask Strength is a good example. A couple of years back, it was bottled with an ABV of 55.7%. IIRC, a subsequent batch was bottled with an ABV of 57.2%. In 2014, Batch Six was bottled at 58.0% ABV. We'll see what the number is with this year's batch before too much longer.

I, for one, am happy to see whisky distilleries offering more and more "tried and true" expressions of late. More cask strength offerings are always welcome, especially if the spirit is non-chill filtered and contains no artificial coloring/flavoring agents. Wink

-BK

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
New Belgium's Trippel.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Henry McKenna 10yr BiB this is a good sub $30 bottle of bourbon.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ballast Point Sea Monster.

Posts: 757 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
Since learning from this site that only degenerates drink alcohol and the fine upstanding people smoke pot, I'm being a degenerate tonight and opened up a bottle of Francis Coppela Merlot. Being a degenerate tastes good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
It is not sufficient to be degenerate. Thou most be an high-falutin' degenerate. Drink syrah.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
I like a good Syrah, but didn't have any here, been a long time since I bought a bottle of anything and Syrah is often too dry for a lot of women to drink so I don't buy it often. Nothing high faluting about it though unless you go with a port maybe Big Grin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by badkarma56:
More cask strength offerings are always welcome, especially if the spirit is non-chill filtered and contains no artificial coloring/flavoring agents. Wink

Happily Redbreast is non chill-filtered and free of artificial coloring Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Coors

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
A 22oz can of Sapporo, haven't had one in ages and Christy picked it up for me when she couldn't find what I wanted.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
quote:

Happily Redbreast is non chill-filtered and free of artificial coloring Smile

Good deal, dude. Cool

Slàinte,

-BK

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
A 22oz can of Sapporo, haven't had one in ages and Christy picked it up for me when she couldn't find what I wanted.

My favorite choice while grilling! Goes great with grilled food. But I'm pretty boring, I drink mass produced domestic lights 90% of time.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout !!
That a dark chocolate kick in the mouth!!!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Lost Abbey Judgement Day

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post