SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting
Page 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 97

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
It is not clear what either wants to study. Hogg has a 4.2 GPA and scored a 1270 on his SATs, both of which are considered above average.
How does one get a 4.2 GPA? Most schools have a 4.0 as highest.

flashguy

I'm pretty sure all schools still consider 4.0 all "A"s, however...

If you take AP courses, you can raise your cumulative grade point average above a 4.0
Nobody did that when I was in high school.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Geee...color me shocked that no college wants any part of this kid:

David Hogg revealed on Tuesday that he has been rejected from four schools

Despite organizing a global movement against gun violence which they themselves billed as a 'revolution', some of the survivors of the Parkland school massacre have not been granted admission to their chosen colleges.

On Tuesday, David Hogg, one of the most vocal survivors of the February 14 atrocity, revealed that he had been rejected from four of the schools he applied to; UCLA, UCSD, UCSB and UC Irvine.

Hogg, 17, is not alone. Fellow survivor Ryan Deitsch was turned down by UCLA.

It is not clear what either wants to study. Hogg has a 4.2 GPA and scored a 1270 on his SATs, both of which are considered above average.

It's one thing to be denied as an out-of-state student but, he also got wait-listed by...Univ of Central Florida. A middle of the road, in-state school, that academically doesn't come close to three of those UC's, has a 50% acceptance rate Eek , and he got a 'may-be'. He's got a 4.2 GPA and was wait-listed by an in-state school...he must've fucked-up his entrance essay badly.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:

Despite organizing a global movement against gun violence which they themselves billed as a 'revolution', some of the survivors of the Parkland school massacre have not been granted admission to their chosen colleges.

On Tuesday, David Hogg, one of the most vocal survivors of the February 14 atrocity, revealed that he had been rejected from four of the schools he applied to; UCLA, UCSD, UCSB and UC Irvine.

It's one thing to be denied as an out-of-state student but, he also got wait-listed by...Univ of Central Florida. A middle of the road, in-state school, that academically doesn't come close to three of those UC's, has a 50% acceptance rate Eek , and he got a 'may-be'. He's got a 4.2 GPA and was wait-listed by an in-state school...he must've fucked-up his entrance essay badly.

Maybe, just maybe....no one wants the loud mouth little shit.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:

Maybe, just maybe....no one wants the loud mouth little shit.

It takes a lot to be rejected from UCSB. It is a well known "party school"

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Report This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

flashguy

I'm pretty sure all schools still consider 4.0 all "A"s, however...

If you take AP courses, you can raise your cumulative grade point average above a 4.0

flashguy

No one took AP classes or AP classes weren't offered at your high school?

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
There's always Evergreen. Maybe they will accept him.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
There's always Evergreen. Maybe they will accept him.

Oblerlin, Sarah Lawrence, Bard...interesting he's applying to state university's instead of hard core liberal arts schools that have endowments to cover scholarships while applying a sliding scale to their admissions.

He could follow protest buddy Emma Gonzales, at least she's smart enough to stick those super-liberal schools, she's going to attend to New College of Florida. Roll Eyes

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

flashguy[/QUOTE]
No one took AP classes or AP classes weren't offered at your high school?[/QUOTE]

Such classes didn’t exist when I was in high school. There were “advanced” versions of math, English, etc, but no such thing as testing out or getting college credit.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Extra credit for assholery?

Karma time? If we sponsored him for a SIGforum scholarship at Hillsdale College, the little turd might actually learn something.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
BREAKING: David Hogg Changes Story, Wasn’t At School When Cruz Opened Fire
By Peter D'Abrosca - Mar 26, 2018

In a not-yet-released CBS Documentary, David Hogg, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student who has become the face of the gun control movement, changes his entire story and admits that he was not at the school during the event.

In a Time interview done within hours of the shooting Hogg recounted, “Our first response was ‘that sounded a lot like a gun shot’ and we closed the door.” Hogg claimed that he was in his AP enviromental science class during the shooting. He also made videos of himself and other students, regarding gun control, purportedly while the shooting was going on.

But CBS News has released some transcripts from its “39 Days” documentary, in which student David Hogg is quoted.

“On the day of the shooting, I got my camera and got on my bike and rode as fast as I could three miles from my house to the school to get as much video and to get as many interviews as I could because I knew that this could not be another mass shooting,” Hogg said in his CBS News interview.

Latest: Al Sharpton's Half-Brother Charged With Capital Murder, Registered Felons To Vote In Alabama

The shooting occurred in the afternoon, after alleged shooter Nikolas Cruz was dropped off after 2 PM.

“While I was in there, I thought, ‘What impact have I had? What will my story be if I die here? And the only thing I could think of was, pull out my camera and try telling others. As a student journalist, as an aspiring journalist, that’s all I could think: Get other people’s stories on tape. If we all die, the camera survives, and that’s how we get the message out there, about how we want change to be brought about,” Hogg recalled.

Watch David Hogg tell two different stories below:

Interesting. However, Hogg made some videos purportedly DURING the shooting from inside the school.

Here is Hogg’s interview with TIME magazine following the shooting in which he claimed that he was in his AP environmental science class at the time the shooting occured:

When Hogg heard a “pop” while sitting in an AP environmental science class around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, he told his teacher it sounded strangely like a gunshot. But there had been a fire drill that very morning and talk of a “Code Red” exercise to prepare for an active shooter. This must just be a surprise drill, he reasoned.

And then the fire alarm sounded. Dutifully acting on it, Hogg and other students tried to exit the building. A janitor—Hogg doesn’t know his name but calls him an angel—knew where the shots were coming from and sent the students back. Then a culinary arts teacher, Ashley Kurth, pulled Hogg and others inside, locked the door, and made them hide in a closet. Checking Twitter and Instagram, Hogg—who’s an editor at the school’s TV station—found the news that the shooting was real and ongoing.

The shots continued for what felt like an eternity. Hogg considered the possibility that he would not live to see the end of the day.

“While I was in there, I thought, ‘What impact have I had? What will my story be if I die here?’” Hogg told TIME in the hours following the ordeal. “And the only thing I could think of was, pull out my camera and try telling others. As a student journalist, as an aspiring journalist, that’s all I could think: Get other people’s stories on tape. If we all die, the camera survives, and that’s how we get the message out there, about how we want change to be brought about.”

TIME excerpt ends

Pretty big contradiction there.

Here is some of “student reporter” David Hogg’s interviews with his classmates, purportedly during the shooting. By the way, there is no way Hogg could have gotten into the school during the shooting, because the Broward County Sheriff’s Office set up a perimeter around the school during the shooting, all the while refusing to enter the school to stop the bloodshed.

Here is Hogg claiming to be inside the school during the shooting.

Here are Hogg’s interviews with his classmates, purportedly during the shooting:

Sheriff Scott Israel’s Broward County Sheriff’s Office made a concerted effort to not enter the Parkland high school during February’s mass shooting, instead allowing the shooting to happen.

The mainstream media is finally reporting on police and emergency scanner audio tapes that show the full extent of the Sheriff’s Office’s complicity in the horror at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

“Do not approach the 12 or 1300 building, stay at least 500 feet away,” Sheriff’s Office deputy Scot Peterson said over radio dispatch, disproving his claim that he didn’t go inside the school because he was ordered not to do so if he didn’t have body cameras on. School surveillance footage has still not been released, and is unlikely to ever be released.

Big League Politics first reported on audiotapes showing that the Sheriff’s Office set up a perimeter around the high school during the shooting, after learning that multiple people were shot dead inside the high school. The police dispatcher ordered police to “hold all perimeters” while the shooter was still at large. Thirty minutes after learning of the active shooter situation, the Sheriff’s Office was still holding its perimeter and dispatchers were reporting “The shooter is not down. The shooter is not down.”

Our reporting proved that Israel’s office lied by claiming that they only set up a perimeter around the school AFTER the shooting, not during the shooting. In fact, they set up a perimeter four minutes after learning that people were shot dead inside.

Videos here:
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/...ol-cruz-opened-fire/

sorry Para, I didn't think of posting this story on this thread...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: downtownv,

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The link in your post is no good.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Hogg a liar huh? That's gonna be painful if true... Of course the left wont care, so mebbe not.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
His own quote:

DAVID HOGG: On the day of the shooting, I got my camera and got on my bike and road as fast as I could (snip)

"Road." One more indicator that young Mr. Hogg [or someone from CBS news] should have actually been in school a bit more? Razz

I'm trying to stay away from conspiracy shit, but here's the video....how can you be a "survivor" if you were not there?

4:25
[Video was here.]

Folks...
  • CBS cut this video as part of a promotion for a documentary. As usual, totally disjointed comments are cut together for promotion purposes.
  • In context, the little punk was referring to going back to the school about 6 p.m. - hours after the shooting - but on the same day.

So he was home early that evening and was watching the news. He got on his bike and headed to the school. Like any attention grabber, he wanted to get on camera and get national exposure. He also took video himself.

No, I can't prove or disprove - nor do I care to try - if the little punk was at the school at the time of the shooting.

Here is the second part of the story. CBS is absolutely aware the unintended consequences of that video edit is driving a conspiracy theory. They have no desire to clarify the clip or answer questions about the documentary which aired four days ago. As a matter of fact, the actual documentary (about 5 minutes in) has the same not in context edit. They did not clarify it or put it into context as they normally would for the full edit.

More actual context from The Right Scoop, and an interview the little punk did which was not on video.

quote:
Jen Kirby
The activism of you and your fellow students has created the sense that, in the wake of this mass shooting, there’s a chance things might be different. Why do you think that is?

Little Punk
Because of timing. At 6 pm after the shooting, I took my camera, got on my bike. I rode in basically twilight. And I ride my bike three miles down winding sidewalks and find my way to the school, as I’ve done in previous years. All the while, I was making sure my camera bag didn’t rip open, because if you zip it a certain way, the camera falls out, and it would be destroyed.

I start shooting B-roll, and I see Fox News over there. I knew I wanted to talk on the news and make sure there was advocacy, especially with so many people from the [National Rifle Association] and different gun-toting Americans who watch Fox News. I went on the day of [the shooting], and said, “There cannot be another mass shooting,” and I think that’s partially why. But also other people started saying that at the same time.

I’m looking at the school right now. You can see bullet holes in the windows. It’s insane, and the fact that there’s more bullet holes in those windows than bills that have been proposed and passed to save these kids’ lives is disgusting.

My polite suggestion is to avoid perpetuating this conspiracy theory BS. It will take you nowhere and it's exactly what the anti-2A crowd wants you to pay attention to. Instead, debate on the absurdity of their proposals and arguments.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Hogg a liar huh? That's gonna be painful if true... Of course the left wont care, so mebbe not.

Maybe Hogg the is seeking the Brian Williams scholarship for journalism. Smile

Maybe a related item:

quote:
. . . David Hogg revealed on Tuesday that he has been rejected from four schools. They are UCLA, UCSD, UCSB and UC Irvine, all of which are in California
Ryan Deitsch, another Parkland survivor, was also turned down in California
Both teens were instrumental in organizing Saturday's global March For Our Lives protests . . .

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...s.html#ixzz5B33xOQUH

I am a little surprised these CA colleges didn't jump at the chance to accept Hogg.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
It would be hilarious if Hogg couldn't get into the college of choice due to diversity quotas.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:

flashguy

No one took AP classes or AP classes weren't offered at your high school?
quote:

Such classes didn’t exist when I was in high school. There were “advanced” versions of math, English, etc, but no such thing as testing out or getting college credit.

Same here. Again, there were advanced classes based on prior academic performance in school, but they counted just the same as the normals. The first time I encountered a reference to something above 4.0 or 100% I thought, “What?” Considering what a student in most schools has to accomplish these days to get a “perfect” result, I guess it was only logical that it was necessary to develop of a method of recognizing the above average.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Why go to school? He’s shown fully developed skills as a journalist already, and already knows everything.

Arrogance is not a unique ailment. I’ve spent more than 50 years trying to become as smart as I thought I was when I was 16. I finally gave up, and now settle for not being as dumb for the rest of my life as I was last week.

When I was middle aged, my dad overheard me say to a friend that my one remaining goal was to get to be as smart as I thought I was at 16, and he almost choked to death.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
https://trib.al/VloUeuy

Jimmy Carter is trying to regain his title of Biggest Idiot Ever a President from Obama. “NRA serves gun manufacturers, not gun owners” Roll Eyes

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe Hogg the is seeking the Brian Williams scholarship for journalism.

That was my first thought too. Cool

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post