SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 97

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The Washington Post doesn't think much of teachers.

Seems like there's a lot of racist teachers out there. Are they only dangerous if given guns?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Well again...and I'm preaching to the choir...the alt-left has made such a fuss about "racism" that the term "racist" is diluted to the point it no longer has meaning. I have a Calico cat...I must be a racist. I put mid-grade gasoline in my car...I must be a racist. I don't eat at McDonald's...I must be a racist. I was too young to pay attention to the MLK, Jr. era, but at least he had the right idea when he said a person should be judged "by the content of his character".

It's beyond idiotic...[not enough Roll Eyes]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Broward officers need to learn from her.

Posts: 5739 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...ce-florida-shooting/

Suspected Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz hired a lawyer in December to try to obtain his $800,000 inheritance just two months before the alleged attack, according to court records.
Cruz, 19, retained attorney Audra Simovitch on December 13 to obtain his share of his late adoptive mother Lynda Cruz’s estate, according to a court order handed down by Broward County Probate Division Judge Charles Greene, the New York Post reported.

Greene allowed Simovitch to meet with Cruz while he spends his time in the county jail, where he is booked on multiple charges of first-degree murder in connection with the February 14 shooting that killed 17 at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland.

Greene also ruled that the Broward County’s Public Defender’s Office, which is representing Cruz for his criminal case, should not tamper with Simovitch’s meetings with the teen.

Greene’s order, signed Friday, responded to Simovitch’s emergency petition, accusing the Public Defender’s Office of “obstructing justice” by keeping her from accessing Cruz and suggesting to family friend Roxanne Deschamps that Cruz would “waive his interest” in his mother’s estate.

If Cruz were to gain access to the money, he would likely lose his public defenders. Under Florida law, if he has more than $2,500 worth of assets, not including his home and his vehicle, he would not be eligible to receive free legal representation from the county.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Did you know they recovered Val Demmings stolen Glock some time ago? Oh, you didn't? Gee, I wonder if that's because the local media refused to report the story. I on the other hand obtained the info from one of the OCSO officers I know. When you know the rest of the story you'll understand why the media stayed as far away from it as they could.
You gonna leave us hanging, or are you going to tell us "the rest of the story?"

http://www.defensivecarry.com/...er-city-vehicle.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2...en-from-her-suv.html
The links that you supplied tell us about the theft of her service pistol. We already knew about that; when I asked bigdeal about "the rest of the story," I was referring to the circumstances of the recovery.

I am local to the Demings couple. We knew about the theft, but I had never heard anything about the recovery. I did not see anything about that in the linked articles.

I tried google, looking for information about the recovery, but the only thing I found was this arrogant comment from her:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Did you know they recovered Val Demmings stolen Glock some time ago? Oh, you didn't? Gee, I wonder if that's because the local media refused to report the story. I on the other hand obtained the info from one of the OCSO officers I know. When you know the rest of the story you'll understand why the media stayed as far away from it as they could.
You gonna leave us hanging, or are you going to tell us "the rest of the story?"
Her department issued Glock, the one stolen out of a gym bag left on the front seat of her unlocked OPD issued vehicle, was recovered in South Florida (Miami-Dade Police if memory serves) associated with a drug murder. Investigators tracked the gun back to Orlando, where after determining exactly where the gun came from (and who owned it), the investigation was quietly closed. The sheriff's department officer I spoke with was incensed by the behavior of OPD and Sheriff Demmings to essentially bury this development from public view.

And these are the people politicians are arguing should be the ones to have guns.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
CNN Senior Law Enforcement Analyst Tom Fuentes explains that women can't carry concealed weapons

https://youtu.be/g_7vhwvUwrs

"Where are you going to hide that gun ?"

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
CNN Senior Law Enforcement Analyst Tom Fuentes explains that women can't carry concealed weapons

Another sexist lefty mansplaining things to women.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

I don't know, but Kenzi (NCIS LA) seems to manage it OK....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
In a move straight out of the Obama playbook, the Governor of Rhode Island uses an Executive Order to encourage Guns be taken from dangerous people, but stops short of providing any new power.

There is a feel good executive order to police. "Do what you're supposed to do with vigor!"

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics...ol/story?id=53381725

Rhode Island established a new "red flag" policy on guns with an executive order that will help keep guns away from people who "could pose significant threats to public safety."

"The executive order I signed today is an immediate step we can take to make residents safer. It sets the table for a complementary legislative effort," Gov. Gina Raimondo, a Democrat, said in a statement Monday. "We cannot wait a minute longer for Washington to take action to prevent gun violence."

Five states -- Connecticut, California, Washington, Oregon and Indiana -- have taken similar action on potential red flags in recent years, but Rhode Island is the first to do so since the deadly school shooting in Parkland, Florida, earlier this month.

The policy does not give law enforcement new authority to confiscate guns, but it directs them to use "all available legal steps" to remove firearms from people who have shown warning signs, including recently making threats of violence online or in person, according to the statement.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:

I don't know, but Kenzi (NCIS LA) seems to manage it OK....

flashguy

My sister somehow manages too.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Question for the snowflakes:

"How many drugs did you ingest to come up with the shit which spews from your mouth?"

It's utterly disgusting listening to these enlightened twits!

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, tell that to some of SIGforum's female members.

One of the forum women was at my hangar once. I looked at her carefully, then said, "I know you're packing, you never leave home without it, but I can't tell where it is."

She laughed and lifted her shirt-tail just a bit. IWB behind her right hip.

I don't remember for sure what she was carrying that day, it might have been a P220.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
So these 'students' are against lobbying and money in politics...They look all tore up don't they...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/marya...am1gPrPDo#.okxzdDdrK

The Parkland Teens Fighting For Gun Control Have The Backing Of These Huge Organizing Groups
The Parkland Teens Fighting For Gun Control Have The Backing Of These Huge Organizing Groups

Several large progressive organizations, donors, and a high-powered public relations firm are backing the March for Our Lives movement, which is quickly evolving from a student-run social media effort to end gun violence into one backed by some of the most influential activists in the country.

In the days after the shooting in Parkland, Florida, that killed 17 people, the teenage survivors of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School were impossible to ignore. They blanketed cable news coverage, built a massive following on social media, and began to organize a rally in the country's capital in support of gun reform.

Barely two weeks ago, the student survivors sat in a circle in the living room of one of their parents' homes, planning a trip to Tallahassee to meet with lawmakers and handling nitty-gritty matters like which media outlets to talk to.

Since then, major players and organizations — including Everytown, Giffords, Move On, Planned Parenthood, and the Women’s March LA — told BuzzFeed News they are helping the students with logistics, strategy, and planning for next month’s March for Our Lives rally and beyond. Much of the specific resources the groups are providing to the Parkland students remains unclear — as is the full list of supporting organizations — but there are broad outlines.

Giffords, an organization started by former US Rep. Gabrielle Giffords that fights gun violence, is working with Everytown and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America to plan the main march on Washington — as well as sister rallies across the country.

With the event scheduled to happen in less than a month, a spokesperson for Giffords told BuzzFeed News the organization "will be lending support in any way the students need, especially helping to operationalize these marches from logistics to programming."

"We applaud these students for demonstrating incredible leadership and demanding that our lawmakers do more to help protect Americans from gun violence," the spokesperson said.

Everytown for Gun Safety — bankrolled mostly by Michael Bloomberg — recently secured a $1 million donation from entrepreneur and philanthropist Eli Broad.

MoveOn said it will encourage its millions of members to follow and promote the March for Our Lives movement on social media and attend the rally next month. The group said it had offered support in organizing logistics such as security and portable toilets, but it is unclear if the students have taken them up on their offer.

A spokesperson for Planned Parenthood said the group is "teaching and hosting trainings” for young activists across the US “to keep momentum going so they don't get burned out."

Planned Parenthood said it has been in contact with Giffords, which is spearheading the national coalition of groups working with March for Our Lives.

Democratic US Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, a Broward County resident for nearly 30 years, told BuzzFeed News she has been in touch with students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas since the day after the shooting, helping them connect to state legislators and plan their trip to Tallahassee last week.

Wasserman Schultz said that because this is the first time many of the students have interacted with legislators, she advised them on communication strategy. She also said she been in contact with Mark Kelly — Gabrielle Giffords' husband and one of the founders of the Giffords foundation.

The students also traveled to DC this week — they posted selfies on Tuesday during their return flight — and met with a handful of Democratic leaders, including Nancy Pelosi, Sen. Bernie Sanders, US Rep. John Lewis, as well as Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan.

he American Federation of Teachers, which helped bus students and parents to Tallahassee multiple times last week, are now assisting with the March for Our Lives rally. The federation’s president told BuzzFeed News that they are also helping support next month's march as well as helping to shape the vision and mission for the group once the rally is over.

"There are a lot of people who know how to put on a march in Washington and we are here to help support the teens with that experience in terms of logistics and strategy but it's still early and they have some time to figure that out," AFT President Randi Weingarten told BuzzFeed News. "We will be here for that 'oh shit moment' when they realize they need things like permits."

Weingarten said "this moment is different," and there will be a lot of work to do after next month's march.

AFT, as well as the growing contingent of organizations backing the student-led march, are working to cultivate and build upon the movement after the rally. Weingarten noted that the groups are also behind the “National School Walkout” taking place in April to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Columbine.

After that, she says the goal is to carry that momentum until November — with some of the students already using the hashtag #VoteThemOut.

“We are also marching towards midterms,” she said, adding that the activists intend for gun control and student safety to be a major platform and key issue for voters in the midterm elections.

"With their angst, anger, and authenticity, these students have pierced through the normal polarization of this debate," Weingarten said. "This moment is different."

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rahm Emmanuel "Never let a good tragedy go to waste"

Funny I googled it for verification and was surprised at all the Positive Comments for this strategy. These organizations were waiting for the opportunity. Waiting for a "Good Tragedy" as he calls it.

These people are idiots calling it "Gun Reform" but if they want to make Gun Control an issue during the Midterm I'm good with it.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Since then, major players and organizations — including Everytown, Giffords, Move On, Planned Parenthood, and the Women’s March LA — told BuzzFeed News they are helping the students with logistics, strategy, and planning for next month’s March for Our Lives rally and beyond.

So...an outfit that slaughters better than a half-million children a year is sponsoring a March for Our Lives rally?

Hmmm....

Anyone still think that we should be supporting them with our tax dollars?

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Planned Parenthood really?? How ironic!

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
I am juat glad the kids are having a good time with plenty of good selfie opportunities. Beats school any day.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
If you run across this meme on the internet, I made it. The title is 'Hogging the Lobbyists'

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The John Kerry of his generation.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post