SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Over the years, the top three SIGforum-specific events to me are
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Over the years, the top three SIGforum-specific events to me are Login/Join 
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
The night i remember the most was Trumps election night. That thread was hopping along so fast. Had to keep refreshing and pages would refresh it seemed like. That was a very wonderful and exciting night.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Quite a lot of memories here over the last 11 years.

Cliffie, Stew Fields and the Cat pictures have to be my favorite memories.

Haven't seen a good 'Please Delete My Account' thread lately. Its fun watching those idiots explain why they want their account deleted....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
There was a guy who was a Federal Air Marshall.

He got a bit belligerent at times.

He is no longer with us; I think that parabellum invited him to leave. Or maybe he was given a "time-out" and never returned.

The first gentleman to which you refer is entropy.

The gentleman who was given a time out and did not return (until now), was me.

Actually, the first member he's referring to is Slimcakes.

I belive Entropy was/is a pilot.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Slimcakes lacked what you’d call “the social skills” but in person he was a hell of a nice guy and a great shooter.

Put him behind a keyboard and whoa.....

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
^^^^^ Dude, I've wondered what happened to you.

Yeah, I read some folks in Rifle Room pissed him off so much he left, until now. Eek

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Zeleny was far too busy demonstrating his ultra-genius to notice that hair he had up his ass.

Well, he was searching for those ever elusive lignum vitae grips. If you let off on your verbosity for that quest, well, you're obviously lost. Eschew obfuscation be damned; Semper Sesquipedalianism!

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6086 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Zeleny was far too busy demonstrating his ultra-genius to notice that hair he had up his ass.

Oh, how crude of me. What would MENSA and the gang at Harvard think of such lowbrow antics?

One of the most annoying and pretentious members ever. Knows his shit about the P210 but his insufferable ego vastly outweighed his contributions. Will Rogers obviously never met the man.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
A lot of these individuals I don't remember.

I just experienced this happenstance of scrolling at the bottom of my screen and felt I had to share:

More like 20+. What a piece of work. Posts mentioning those days used to disappear so I’ve always been under the impression that it was verboten to speak of those days, which made sense.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I still recall the day Para let me join. Old Cliff joined the same day. What an epic thread that was! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I've wondered about Spectre from time to time. I know he hasn't posted here in a while; is he okay? Anyone know?

Last I heard he was fighting a nasty medical situation. See my post earlier in this thread on the first page.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I still recall the day Para let me join. Old Cliff joined the same day. What an epic thread that was! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Well, we did learn how to make tampon angels. Big Grin

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Well, we did learn how to make tampon angels. Big Grin

>>>>INDEED!<<<< Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Ahhh--a very nice stroll down memory lane.

Cliff--OMG

I really enjoy how the "industry"--Bruce Gray, in particular--does listen to the "collective".

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Anybody remember the helium filled mylar balloon story? That was pretty funny.

Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
1- The Spectre incident - The great folks of SIGforum got involved and got Spectre out of his hell.

2- The David Lee life boat - Again, SF all pitched in and saved another SF family member from drowning.

3- The ZSMICHAEL "crazy eddie" keyboard - Current event. Some amazing SF folks and Para did welfare check on ZSMICHAEL and found out the seriousness of his injuries.

I'm sure there are others, but those are SIGforum-specific events that stood out to me. What are your top three?

I agree they are at the top for memorable threads.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:

The gentleman who was given a time out and did not return (until now), was me.

Long time no see.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I don't have any favorites, but I did always enjoy reading all the snipes at "he who shall not be named" years ago. (He was active on several fora back then, and banned from all of them.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Years back, was there a guy out in California that Para helped put in jail?

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
Years back, was there a guy out in California that Para helped put in jail?

Some dude and batteries IIRC

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Please don't mention that nutball's name. He'll start emailing me again.

Whether by design or incompetence, he took money from members and gave them nothing in return. He went to jail for it and it's now water under the bridge, at least for us. I don't want to hear from that loon again.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Rightwire was kind enough to bring a perfect ghey cake to our Michigan get together dinner, a few years ago. We arranged almost all of it with posts here.

It was my first chance to meet a bunch of great folks, including Rigthwire, of course, Shovelhead, Warhorse, Appliance Brad and his wonderful wife, his son, Logrusmaster, and several others.

We met at a local range, but I had to leave to get home for my dogs, but was able to catch up with everyone later in Ann Arbor for dinner at a great Cuban place. Almost all of us were armed and if you know anything about that town, that's saying something. Folks there were knocked out by what a great and friendly bunch we were. The ghey cake was delicious!

To this day, i am thankful for the friendships made that day.

God bless!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post