SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Over the years, the top three SIGforum-specific events to me are
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Over the years, the top three SIGforum-specific events to me are Login/Join 
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Years ago there was a member (can't remember his name) that was a mounted Canadian police officer that was involved with the filming of the bridge scene for the movie "The Untouchables".

He had some great photos of the cast and crew and shared some insights on Kevin Costner and the rest of them.

If I remember right, Para even gave him a cut cause the whole thing was just so cool.

He was actually a Montana state police officer. He’s still on the forum. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1390079952

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Years ago there was a member (can't remember his name) that was a mounted Canadian police officer that was involved with the filming of the bridge scene for the movie "The Untouchables".

He had some great photos of the cast and crew and shared some insights on Kevin Costner and the rest of them.

If I remember right, Para even gave him a cut cause the whole thing was just so cool.

FN in MT Is the member.
The Constable is his CUT.

ETA. ^^^ Beat me by a few minutes.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
This has been a walk down memory lane.

What about the unofficial SIGforum uniform?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16190 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
I remember fondly the ravings of B27.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:

He was actually a Montana state police officer. He’s still on the forum. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1390079952

How the devil do you find old threads like that? Wow!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16225 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

I just went to DuckDuckGo.com, typed in “the untouchables sigforum” and it was the first link that came up. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I just went to DuckDuckGo.com, typed in “the untouchables sigforum” and it was the first link that came up. Smile

Good research on your part and thanks for correcting my error on where exactly he worked. For some reason I had Canadian police in my memory banks. So much for trusting my memory. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5041 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
There was a guy who was a Federal Air Marshall.

He got a bit belligerent at times.

He is no longer with us; I think that parabellum invited him to leave. Or maybe he was given a "time-out" and never returned.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30687 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
The incidents mentioned have been inspiring, memorable, and hilarious. Kegger, Gecko, and Sendec took the (gay) cake. For my money the Taco Bell Haiku thread is worth its weight in gold.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marv “Ass Cheese” Stenhamer discussion

Posts: 1069 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
QUOTE]Originally posted by bald1:

Thanks.
Tried that now to find the priceless Cliff thread of 2010 but without success. Would love to revisit that hysterical episode.
Also the spectre one again without success. Frown

All I've found is a 2017 thread about how things ended for Cliffy WMS and the damage he did to several members. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/5730079024/p/1

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16225 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
Marv “Ass Cheese” Stenhamer discussion
Dang, man. You're going back about 16 years.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I forgot about that picture.

He claimed to be of Viking heritage but, ironically, Stenhamer was not his last name, it was his wife’s name.

My earlier reference to a member trying to sell an engagement ring goes back a ways also.

Posts: 1069 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
For some reason I remember Calvert1. I think that was around the time I first joined.

Dude claimed he was some kind of “operator” or something.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was Calvert1’s Porsche stolen from his garage, someone used a plasma cutter to cut out the garage door?

All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
I don't think I've seen anyone post yet about one member's "experience" with garlic... Eek

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
Batteries, pool noodles, boat accidents. Lots of members that I think of as synonymous with the forum. Too many to mention, but JAllen immediately comes to mind. The cat thread. Even my wife will check the forum occasionally to catch up on that.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:
I don't think I've seen anyone post yet about one member's "experience" with garlic... Eek

Agony?

Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Sigalert misses OldFrank.

And of course JAllen. His wisdom seemed effortless.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You know what's really funny is that three four years back, someone mentioned in the forum that his shit website finally tanked. I took a look at that time. It was still up but not publicly accessible. As soon as I said "Oh, really? Well, they lost and we won," someone must have told him and he was like clickclickclickclick and he made his big pile of nothing publicly accessible again. Big Grin

I just checked it, and now when you go there, it redirects you to some Asian gaming site. Big Grin
Didn't you nickname him 'Benny Big-Time' because he was always posting about all the 'important' people he knew and how much money he had?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16522 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post