SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 138
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
I remember when then Michigan Governor elect Jennifer Granholm was the new darling of the Democratic Party. They were crying because she was born in Canada, and thus could not be POTUS. Then she actually took over as Governor. She was/is dumb as a box of rocks, and suddenly the Dems dropped her like she was on fire. Big Grin I'm sure the same will happen with the Rep. from NY.
Rod

But... But... Granholm brought Michigan "cool cities"

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I don't have broken ribs, because this thread would kill me.

Posts: 10943 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

HA!Big Grin Yep.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you like, think that racism is bad and like, we should have free health care and free internet and stuff like that? Oh my God, you like, are sooo smart. Will you be my President?

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3534 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

HA!Big Grin Yep.

Even my 82 year old, German born and raised wife was giggling over some of the comments on this thread.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Even though I know she’s an idiot it never ceases to amaze me the depths of her idiocy. My brain seizes up reading some of her shit.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Even though I know she’s an idiot it never ceases to amaze me the depths of her idiocy. My brain seizes up reading some of her shit.

Just imagine the stupidity of those idiots who voted for her.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:

It’s pretty easy to vote for Santa Claus.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I love how the “Occasional Cortex” thing has grown legs. It will hound her until the day she retires or gets voted out, whichever comes first.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

However, just remember that those idiot’s votes have the same weight as ours. We just need more of ours than theirs so make sure everyone votes...

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cassandra:
quote:

However, just remember that those idiot’s votes have the same weight as ours. We just need more of ours than theirs so make sure everyone votes...

We need to encourage more people to get out and vote!

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine if she and Joe Biden had children?

Comedy gold.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Can you imagine if she and Joe Biden had children?

Comedy gold.

They couldn't put a three piece puzzle together!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRIO:
quote:
Originally posted by Cassandra:
quote:

We need to encourage more people to get out and vote!
Only the right people!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
soon there will be delicious Cortex schadenfreude for all to enjoy. The wave of enlightenment will build, and crash on Pelosi's barmaid.

"Sandy" Ocasio-Cortex went to a whitebread suburban high school. Looks like the diversity in Yorktown, NY was Asian.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...wn-not-in-the-bronx/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The way the House usually works, and know her district, and the way it's demographics are going, she'll be in there until she can collect her pension.

And, BTW, the way her district's demographics are going is a preview of how the entire country's demographics are going.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://news.grabien.com/story...ndate-government-con

Cortez's office recently released the text of a proposed House rules change outlining the plan for a "Green New Deal".

The proposed rule change for the upcoming 116th Congress would require the creation of a “Select Committee for a Green Deal” that would be responsible for creating the plan by January 1, 2020, with corresponding draft legislation soon after

Plan:
https://docs.google.com/docume...9slHKLzo/mobilebasic

from the plan:

The select committee shall have authority to develop a detailed national, industrial, economic mobilization plan

for the transition of the United States economy to become greenhouse gas emissions neutral and to significantly draw down greenhouse gases from the atmosphere and oceans and to promote economic and environmental justice and equality

be responsive to, and in accordance with, the goals and guidelines relating to social, economic, racial, regional and gender-based justice and equality

the objective of reaching the following outcomes within the target window of 10 years from the start of execution of the Plan:

1. Dramatically expand existing renewable power sources and deploy new production capacity with the goal of meeting 100% of national power demand through renewable sources;

2. building a national, energy-efficient, “smart” grid;

3. upgrading every residential and industrial building for state-of-the-art energy efficiency, comfort and safety;

4. eliminating greenhouse gas emissions from the manufacturing, agricultural and other industries, including by investing in local-scale agriculture in communities across the country;

5. eliminating greenhouse gas emissions from, repairing and improving transportation and other infrastructure, and upgrading water infrastructure to ensure universal access to clean water;

6. funding massive investment in the drawdown of greenhouse gases;

7. making “green” technology, industry, expertise, products and services a major export of the United States, with the aim of becoming the undisputed international leader in helping other countries transition to completely greenhouse gas neutral economies and bringing about a global Green New Deal.

The Plan for a Green New Deal (and the draft legislation) shall recognize that a national, industrial, economic mobilization of this scope and scale is a historic opportunity to virtually eliminate poverty in the United States

provide all members of our society, across all regions and all communities, the opportunity, training and education to be a full and equal participant in the transition, including through a job guarantee program to assure a living wage job to every person who wants one

mitigate deeply entrenched racial, regional and gender-based inequalities in income and wealth (including, without limitation, ensuring that federal and other investment will be equitably distributed to historically impoverished, low income, deindustrialized or other marginalized communities in such a way that builds wealth and ownership at the community level)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

a Fox report on the "green plan"

https://www.foxnews.com/opinio...n-offered-in-decades

Ocasio-Cortez has been calling for the creation of “Green New Deal” legislation, which would eliminate much of the United States’ fossil-fuel consumption. So far, Sens. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., and Cory Booker, D-N.J., and 40 House Democrats have said they support the proposal.

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
"The Plan for a Green New Deal (and the draft legislation) shall recognize that a national, industrial, economic mobilization of this scope and scale is a historic opportunity to virtually eliminate poverty in the United States"

"mitigate deeply entrenched racial, regional and gender-based inequalities in income and wealth (including, without limitation, ensuring that federal and other investment will be equitably distributed to historically impoverished, low income, deindustrialized or other marginalized communities in such a way that builds wealth and ownership at the community level)"

She needs to add:

"Then my housing problem will come to an end and I can pick out the wallpaper and drapes for my new Dacha"

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting segment on a local AM talk radio station about her this morning.
As we all know, she is currently too broke to afford a place to live in D.C.
How long will she need to be in congress in order to make her first million???
Big Grin

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post