SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I want a Jeep. >>Jeep bought!<<
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want a Jeep. >>Jeep bought!<< Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Jeep Wave!!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
What?!! No pics, so we're just supposed to believe you.

You knew that was coming, right. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
What?!! No pics, so we're just supposed to believe you.

You knew that was coming, right. Big Grin

Jim

Yeah, well I was half an hour late for court after they got all the paperwork wrapped up, so I kinda had to beeline it here. Lol

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats C, sounds like you got a great deal. I am sure you will enjoy it. Gray and black sounds good too.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Good job Congo

Do you guys give the Jeep wave to the Libertys too?

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Made a deal this morning. 2018 JK unlimited, Rhino Grey, upgraded 17” wheels (not the Rubicons) and the Mopar floor/cargo mats. Got out the door for about $1,000 more than I had them at for the used 2016 Jeep with 24k miles on Saturday. I’m pretty happy with that. I ran all the numbers last night and they really can’t be making much off me. I did get them to increase the trade in by $500, which was $1,000 more than carmax, and $400 more than the other dealership. I was at around 6% below invoice on the price of the Jeep at the end. And the mats were free, and the $800 increase for the wheels wasn’t on the invoice...price was the same as stock base. Pretty darn good.

Headed to the beach this weekend Big Grin so it’ll be getting broken in proper.

First thing to be added next week will be steps/rocker panels. Other than that, perhaps an aftermarket backup camera, and a side view mirror for when the doors come off, I’m not in a rush for much else. Rims eventually probably.

Pretty damn stoked though. Too bad I don’t get off til eleven!

Congrats!

(Pics or it didn’t happen)

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Welcome to the club.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Don't say we didn't try to stop you =)

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
I ran all the numbers last night and they really can’t be making much off me

Keep telling yourself that. Even though it is a good deal for you it is just as much a good deal if not better for them or they wouldn’t do it.
Not like it is a vehicle they will have difficulty selling.

I keep telling myself and my wife the same about our new Expedition that I may get to pick up this week.

Looking forward to seeing pics. If I could fit the whole fam in one I’d have one.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Jeep Wave!!

It’s funny, my wife has a Jeep Wrangler, but I’m guessing maybe only 1/10 people wave.

On the other hand. Live in rural Wyoming like we do and drive a pickup—I’ll bet half of us wave to each other.

Congratulations Chongo. Hope it’s a great vehicle for you.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Enjoy!

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:

...All my life I’ve wanted one, but I’ve always picked the safe option. I don’t want to get hit by a truck next week crossing the street and die thinking that I wish I’d bought a damn Jeep...

Good for you. Our old neighbor was an Italian immigrant who spoke 5 languages and was an engineer by trade. Nice guy who always wanted a Jaguar.

About a year after he was diagnosed with Pick disease. We were told Picks was a very fast acting form of Alzheimers. Within one year he could not remember his childrens names, where he lived, how to swallow, and passed away.

Live life to the fullest as you never know what the future will bring!

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
!Wonderful! and congratulations!

---->>[Jeep wave]<----

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Congrats.

I’ve got a JKU RECON in rhino myself.

Great color.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

It’s funny, my wife has a Jeep Wrangler, but I’m guessing maybe only 1/10 people wave.

On the other hand. Live in rural Wyoming like we do and drive a pickup—I’ll bet half of us wave to each other.

I was wondering how popular the jeep wave was around the country. Lotsa jeeps around here, I'm constantly waving.

I make it a point to do a big goofy wave Big Grin

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I was wondering how popular the jeep wave was around the country. Lotsa jeeps around here, I'm constantly waving.

I wondered too. Is it possible that waving is more common back east where a Jeep really would be considered more of a cult vehicle—even if there are quite a few around?

I was in Omaha one time and found myself behind a ratty looking 2wd Jeep Cherokee. In red tape across the back bumper it said, “It’s a Jeep Thing, You Wouldn’t Understand.”

I had to admit. I didn’t Wink

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jeep Wave!!

Wave? Back in my CJ days we flashed our lights at each other. There was a knob on the dash and a footswitch controlled hi/low beams. And we weren't Jeepsters either. What kind of pajama boy metrosexual name is name is that? We were Jeepers. The only gray we had was primer which came in two shades: light and dark. Mine was a mix of dark and light primer gray. These days it's called Urban Camo. And yes, get off of my lawn. Big Grin

Congrats Chongo. Cool

Posts: 10940 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Park City feels like Moab sometimes with how many Jeeps are on the road. In fact, there are so many that no one here even bothers doing the Jeep wave anymore because you would quite literally be waving at every fourth or fifth car.

And congrats chongo. You won't regret it.

Coincidentally I was just at the Jeep dealership early this morning to have my Jeep get its regular service and tire rotation. I mentioned to the lady that checked me in that I wanted the techs to check out the cooling system because I noticed that the coolant reservoir was low and that every once in awhile I'd get a whiff of antifreeze.

Five minutes later as I was making a coffee in the lounge the service manager walked up to me and asked me if I ever smelled coolant from my Jeep because he had noticed it as I drove in. I said as a matter of fact I did and informed the lady at check-in that the reservoir was low. He nodded his head and said he would have his men take an extra close look at it. Turns out I had a leaking radiator at one of its seams. Thankfully still under warranty so they took care of it right there. Two hours and I was done.

I'll tell you, having an extremely reliable and trustworthy Jeep shop has made owning my Jeep much more hassle-free. I hope your experience is similar. Now go have some fun!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
yay

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
New Jeep at the beach - sounds like good times! Congrats!!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post