SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the weirdest thing you like to eat??
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the weirdest thing you like to eat?? Login/Join 
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
I love lemons. I peel and eat them like an orange. It makes a couple of co-workers cringe at the lunch table.

My husband makes "sandwiches" out of braunschweiger between two chocolate chip cookies. Ack!

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I absolutely love the water in a can of tuna. You know, the stuff that everyone on the planet but me rinses down the sink. I'll cut the lid of the tin, squeeze it down and drink the tuna juice right out of the can. I'm the only one I know who does this.

I think we have a winner.

I actually knew a guy at the Academy who did this. He just couldn't bear letting the protein go to waste. He had to be the craziest SOB I ever met though. And I mean that literally. He was actually kicked out of the Academy due to his mental instability.

LOL! Big Grin
I knew I couldn't be the only one, but that doesn't put me in high company, lol.

quote:
Originally posted by SFCUSARET:
Kipper Snacks with limburger cheese and Dijon mustard on Ritz crackers, washed down with Grolsch beer.

Oh! Reminds me, liverwurst and limburger on crackers with Kosciusco spicy brown mustard with Genny Cream Ale. It was so perfect. The gas that resulted wiped out half a university computer lab.

More potent smelling than limburger, I think, is Morbier cheese. I can't eat it when my wife is in the house, it makes her gag. I think it's amazing.

The best limburger, in my opinion, is St.Mang from Bavaria. It has a nice nutty flavor with a gouda texture and of course the classic sweaty foot ordor aroma. The worst limburger I have ever had is that crap from Wisconson, Country Castle. That shit tastes like it smells.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I will play.

Black (blood) boudain
Pounce (stuffed cow's stomach)

T-Boy

Posts: 499 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: September 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I don't indulge, but friends of ours in PACNW like to spread marionberry jam on garlic bread.

tac

Posts: 11323 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
This might qualify… The British, at least the working class British, like beans on toast for a light meal. I like beans, and I like toast, so figured that I'd like that dish – and I did. Baked beans or Heinz Vegetarian Beans are the usual recommendations, but both are sweeter than I like, so I used black or pinto beans instead. Then, a few years ago, I realized that Hormel Chili with Beans is mostly beans, and I like the chili seasoning, so now I eat chili on toast. With lots of freshly ground black pepper.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8954 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chocolate cake on roast beef slices!
Chocolate cake topped with canned peaches for dessert.
Chocolate cake topped with homemade vanilla ice cream in the summer for dessert.

Bean357, I love love braunschweiger sausage, but between good rye bread slices. Maybe between chocolate cookies for dessert! Sweet and tang! Maybe that while my wife has her liver and onions?

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pho. That's it.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post