SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the weirdest thing you like to eat??
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the weirdest thing you like to eat?? Login/Join 
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Onion bagel with banana peppers

Try an onion bagel with peanut butter. Nom...

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Seaweed, although my wife and I don't find it weird I'm sure others might though.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not too weird, but something I should stop:
Lorna Doone Cookies.
4.50 for a tiny box.
Addicted.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16381 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I have never heard of some of this stuff and pray I never SEE it either. Ewwwww.

I have eaten balut, but I was hammered nearly to the point of unconsciousness at the time.

Other than that, dried fish, dried squid (yum!) and pickled periwinkles is about as weird as I get.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15489 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love skin on hotdogs fried with my pancakes.

Everything bagel with peanut butter and grape jelly. Wife thinks it's disgusting.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1140 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Stinky tofu by far or chicken testicle soup (maybe not like but have to eat when the MIL makes it).

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7149 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Not really weird but more adventurous than the rest of my family.

Conch- don't care how it's cooked, or raw. (Bubba voice) Conch salad, Conch fritters, Conch soup, grilled conch,........

Similar to conch- squid and escargot

I lived in college on peanut butter and cream cheese sandwiches. Bread has to be toasted and still hot so peanut butter and cream cheese melts a bit. Sometimes I add bacon.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
I love pickled okra, but it has to be crisp and spicy.

I also like a piece fried fatback if it's done right. I don't cook it myself, but sometimes I'll find it at a local meat-n-3 place that also has really good fried chicken.

Posts: 2692 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Fried Tripe.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:
Try an onion bagel with peanut butter. Nom...

And a scrambled egg on it, too!

Posts: 1731 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Foie Gras is maybe the most unusual thing that I truly love, though I don't get to eat it all that often.

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Peanut butter and raisins on a flour tortilla, apparently.

I don't think it's weird at all... Basically just a stripped-down PB&J. But I've had several different friends declare me a weirdo for eating it.

I and several people I know enjoy PB & Honey in a Flour Tortilla, sometimes with some Nutella or Bananas. More compact and durable than a traditional PB&J, less "bread" too. Great for climbing or hiking, you can roll them up and fit several in a big ziplock.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Coagulated pork blood cubes with tripe. over rice.

Not weird to me, but I'm sure some of you are probably wondering wtf?

Same here although on the farm in the 40's and early 50's we made it every fall at butchering time and it was called Blood Pudding.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably lobster tomalley. Used to be able to get it be the tub in Portsmouth, but the place stopped doing it.

Excellent on toast or bread, crackers, mixed in eggs, or on rice.

Yeah, I know it's gross.

Posts: 799 | Location: NH | Registered: July 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
As others have noted, "weird" is a subjective thing.

So, it is with that in mind that I offer: Steak Tartare

Fresh, raw, lean beef (I get mine from the butcher counter, have him trim all the fat and then double-grind it through a clean grinder. Or, I'll grind it myself). Add other ingredients: anchovy fillets, capers, onion, Dijon mustard, egg yolks, a spoonful of cognac, and serve on toasted bread wedges.

Or, you can just eat it the Danish way.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braunschweiger. Most of my family and all my college roommates(the only people who are intimately aware of my eating preferences) think so. But as my Dad said, especially about my roommates eating the cold cut variety packs, at least you know for sure what is in Braunschweiger. Big Grin

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1548 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braunschweiger, Goetta, snails (when in France..), liver and onions.

Posts: 7094 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by satch:
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Coagulated pork blood cubes with tripe. over rice.

Not weird to me, but I'm sure some of you are probably wondering wtf?

Same here although on the farm in the 40's and early 50's we made it every fall at butchering time and it was called Blood Pudding.

If you put it all together, you get morcilla (Spanish blood sausage). It's pretty much a sausage casing full of rice soaked in pork blood and fat. Plus some paprika and other stuff. In some parts of Spain they use minced onion instead of rice.

The usual way to serve it is to slice it fairly thin (maybe 1/2") and fry it in olive oil.

It is delicious.

I'll try pretty much anything that seems reasonably safe to eat (i.e. will not poison me or give me some horrible disease).

Goat brain curry.
Fried calf brain tacos.
Crispy fried intestine tacos.
All different kinds of snails and shellfish. Barnacles are especially good.
Fried whole tiny fish (heads and bones and skin and everything). I think it's usually done with sardines.
A bowl of tiny sauteed whole eels (individual eels maybe 3-4" long and a little thicker than spaghetti).
100 year egg.
Fried chicken and duck feet.
Assorted organs from assorted animals: livers, gizzards, hearts, kidneys, lungs, sweetbreads (usually pancreas, I think?)
Tiny (1-2" long) whole squid and octopus.
Bugs (toasted army ants and crickets).

Every one of those things is perfectly normal to eat (or even a fancy delicacy) somewhere in the world.

Ooh. Corn smut (black fungus that infects corn). That's a great one. It looks horrible. It looks like you should let yourself starve to death before you eat it. It is incredibly tasty.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
Regularly? Cow tongue tacos (lengua). MMMmmmmm!!!

I, for one, don't consider that weird

Posts: 13565 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Head cheese

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2939 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I eat breakfast cereal dry. Kellogg's Raisin Bran or Quaker Oats. I put some on a plate, grab some between thumb and first three fingers, then put it into my mouth (holding the plate under my chin to collect droppage). The cereal isn't weird, but I know of no one else that eats it that way.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9437 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post