SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the weirdest thing you like to eat??
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the weirdest thing you like to eat?? Login/Join 
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
Do my peanut butter pickle sandwiches count..?

You consider this weird?

Jeez, we kids practically lived on these. Or peanut butter and onion slices. Of course the onions were fresh out of the garden.

^ YUM! With Miracle Whip, a hunk of good sharp cheddar and jalapeños.

Posts: 1767 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
I used to think a dab of mayo on a ritz cracker topped by a bite of sardine anointed with a few drops of tobasco sauce was walking on the wild side, but not after reading this thread. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saltine crackers and buttermilk. Break up the saltines and drop into glass of cold buttermilk. Eat with a spoon.

Posts: 1623 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Corned Beef mixed with corn and rice with some soy sauce... or whatever.

Tortilla with peanut butter, cinnamon, sugar and a banana.

Rice with a sausage and runny egg.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put sauerkraut on pizza

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55175 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Mystery meat in C-Rations

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4371 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vegemite.

Got hooked on the stuff when I spent some time in Australia back in High School.

Idk what it is about it. Something in the back of my mind tells me I should hate it, but I just don't.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I absolutely love the water in a can of tuna. You know, the stuff that everyone on the planet but me rinses down the sink. I'll cut the lid of the tin, squeeze it down and drink the tuna juice right out of the can. I'm the only one I know who does this.

My son does this, only not with tuna, but with the "juice" from tins of Vienna sausages. He'll even do it with chilled ones where the "juice" has become jellied.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Many might think these weird but not me:

Chicharrones
Menudo
Spam

HK Ag

Posts: 3533 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Chocolate ice cream with saltine crackers.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ragnar
posted Hide Post
Drinking the still warm blood of my enemies.

Live every day as if it is your last, for one day you’re sure to be right

Posts: 752 | Location: Historic Southpark, Dayton Ohio | Registered: October 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I shouldn't have opened this thread while eating breakfast today.

Posts: 2352 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
I used to think a dab of mayo on a ritz cracker topped by a bite of sardine anointed with a few drops of tobasco sauce was walking on the wild side, but not after reading this thread. Roll Eyes
Ain't nothing at all weird about this. I like to put sardines in a sandwich on rye, with mayo, a slice of cheddar, and a slice of sweet onion (Vidalia).

I remember years back, when I worked in NYC, going to McSorley's where a buck and a half would buy a platter of dark rye or pumpernickel slices, limburger cheese, sliced onion, and deli-type mustard. Went very well with the two-for-35 cents mugs of ale. Long time ago.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31383 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:

Toasted peanut butter and bacon for me.

Yum! That will be on my next keto meal list to try! I'll make it into a fat bomb frozen treat and add chocolate to it. Think Reese's cup with bacon. Big Grin

Thanks.
-TVz

Posts: 435 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
I have never heard of some of this stuff and pray I never SEE it either. Ewwwww.

I have eaten balut , but I was hammered nearly to the point of unconsciousness at the time.

Other than that, dried fish, dried squid (yum!) and pickled periwinkles is about as weird as I get.

Tell'em what balut is and why you have to be hammered.....

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
Toasted peanut butter and bacon for me.
That makes a great sandwich! I like to add a slice of tomato.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31383 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I like to dip plain potato chips (e.g. Lays) in Ketchup. The various places I've lived in the US, people thought I was weird then I moved to Canada where they have ketchup flavored potato chips.

Perhaps, I'm not weird but instead I have a more international palate?

I occasionally find ketchup flavored potato chips at Ollie's Bargain Outlet (kind of like Big Lots). Nobody else in the house will eat them, so that's a definite plus. Smile

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Livermush. It's a delicacy only found in about a 50 mile circle of where I'm sitting right now.
http://charlotte.about.com/od/...at-Exactly-Is-It.htm

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3635 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I like to dip plain potato chips (e.g. Lays) in Ketchup. The various places I've lived in the US, people thought I was weird then I moved to Canada where they have ketchup flavored potato chips.

Perhaps, I'm not weird but instead I have a more international palate?

I used to eat the puffy Cheetoes dipped in ketchup. Still dip my chips in ketchup if I have any drip out of my sandwich.
And I also put French fries on my hamburgers every now and then.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3635 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every now and then I enjoy some cup cheese on martins potato chips. The problem is not eating the whole container.

Posts: 251 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post