SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the weirdest thing you like to eat??
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the weirdest thing you like to eat?? Login/Join 
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
I make milk kefer daily, do a secondary ferment, and drink the product a day and a half later. I eat the excess kefir grains.

Also, I mix the kefir with ground flax seends and let that ferment into a slimy porridge, then eat that 1-3 days later.

The kefir makes me wish I could sing in Russian. I can feel the ancient nature of the kefir as I make it and drink it.

Also make kombucha. I eat the scoby.

Perhaps it's coincidental, but my LDL went down ~20 points and my HDL went up ~10 points 6 months after starting the Kombucha (started making the K 2 years ago, most recent labs 1 1/2 years ago). Also started putting raw bitter chocolate in my coffee, so that could be a confounder. No other dietary, body size, or exercise changes that I can think of.

I just plain enjoy the fermented foods. I always tell people to eat something alive every day. The kefir is quite literally teeming with microbes.

PM me if have questions.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
I like mac & cheese with Heinz Ketchup.

Doesn't everybody?

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Peanut butter and raisins on a flour tortilla, apparently.

I don't think it's weird at all... Basically just a stripped-down PB&J. But I've had several different friends declare me a weirdo for eating it.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mom has me over about once a year for fried chicken livers over rice, an old family recipe, my grandma grew up on a chicken farm. Takes about a year for the cholesterol to rebalance after that. But damn it's good. My 8 year old son tried it this year and pronounced it ok to eat. My wife had a bite many years ago when were dating to be polite and has never had any since. My mom is nice enough to bake a chicken breast for her while the rest of us gorge on the feast

Posts: 4765 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
few combinations I like that other people can't figure out

White rice and cottage cheese

Sandwich of peanut butter, Miracle whip, white bread, and dipped in canned peach syrup

Dill pickles and milk

Peanut butter, liver sausage, and cheddar on Ritz

And I hate onions

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fgwilliams1:
Nothing exotic but my wife thinks I'm crazy because I love to drink orange juice with chili.
I have durnk chocolate milk with chili. That's about as weird as I get.

If I can't identify it, I don't eat it. And I don't eat at least half of things I CAN identify.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Leftover fried cabbage with crumbled crisp bacon... COLD Smile

(No visitors for two days thereafter! LOL)

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Frozen croissants!

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Apple cores. Some people look at me weird when they see me consume an entire apple.

Also, peanut butter with my yogurt. I think it's delicious. I take a spoonful of peanut butter and eat the yogurt with the PB on the spoon. I slowly consume the peanut butter with each scoop of yogurt.

And then I mix uncooked oatmeal with my Cheerios and raisins.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Raw hamburger. Family always ate it very fresh.

Was in Germany @ 40 years back and walked into a deli where there was row after row of raw hamburger on buns (brotchens) left out under plexiglass with no refrigeration. I didn't think it was fresh enough and didn't buy any, but thought "ahhh hah, I'm not alone". Later in the day wandered into the same place and noted that @ 25 % was still for sale, now looking gelatinous in non- AC room in the 90 degree weather.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I notice a few peanut butter concoctions. Mine is PB and corn flakes. Hard to eat but yummmm E.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I don't think these are weird but other people do; my family likes wilted kale, seaweed soup, and kombucha.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regularly? Cow tongue tacos (lengua). MMMmmmmm!!!

I make my own deer heart pastrami also.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
1 can of spaghettios, ~ 8 or 9 original flavor Doritos chips (crumbled into the spagghetios after they've been cooked) and two medium sized (preferably soft) chocolate chip cookies (also crumbled) plus a dash of siracha sauce.

Stir and start spoonin'

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CNYTX11
posted Hide Post
Fried squirrel.
Possum Stew.
Octopus and squid ceviche.
Sea Urchin.

S&W M-66-2 (3")/ S&W M-65LS (3")/ S&W M-10 (2")/Colt Combat Commander Series 70

Posts: 651 | Location: Johnson County, KS | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Macaroni and cheese with a can of tuna mixed in. Sounds gross, but I have had it since I was a kid.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Can of Spaghetti-O's with a can of Ranch Style beans stirred together, heated up and served with flour tortillas. Deer camp dinner.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I dip my grilled cheese in ketchup.

My wife puts ketchup on tacos and nachos. WTF.

I like mac & cheese with Heinz Ketchup.

Try Mac and Cheese with A1 steak sauce. Smile

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
Do my peanut butter pickle sandwiches count..?

You consider this weird?

Jeez, we kids practically lived on these. Or peanut butter and onion slices. Of course the onions were fresh out of the garden.

My husband did, so I just assumed I was weird!

This onion thing, though, this I may have to try. He keeps pushing the pb banana thing at me, but doesn't understand, for me it's about the crunch, and the tang mixed with the smooth peanut buttery flavor. Mmmm.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Not for many years, but as a kid I enjoyed mustard and mayonnaise sandwiches. Nothing else- just white bread with mustard on one side and mayo on the other.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post