SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    The Greasy Old Mil-Surp Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Greasy Old Mil-Surp Thread Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Wish me luck finding the bayonet, but I remember it was not cut down, but I didn't have the scabbard for it.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Found a good deal today at a local gun store on this one. It's a German K98 made in 1939 at the Berlin-Lübecker plant.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Waiting to see if 45Cal will post up his Greasy Old Mil-Surp Kimber Target..such a horrible old rifle I have never seen.. Smile

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Posting an IBM from an IBM.

And how about an old Albanian?

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Chach, nice Albanian. An Albanian SKS is pretty rare. Seems like only 10,000 were built and half of those were destroyed. I never did understand the sling swivel right where your cheek would lay. I guess all Albanians shoot left handed.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:
Chach, nice Albanian. An Albanian SKS is pretty rare. Seems like only 10,000 were built and half of those were destroyed. I never did understand the sling swivel right where your cheek would lay. I guess all Albanians shoot left handed.

The Albanian SKS had another unique feature, that differd it from the Russian and Yugo models, can't remember what it was... Handguards?

Just remembered, the shape of the bolt retractor.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Picking up a wire wrapped SMLE tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

One of AIM's recent batch? British, Indian, or Australian? (They apparently only had 4 Lithgow Aussies.)

They are supposedly in the process of unwrapping and sorting another batch. Depending on the reports from this first batch, I may snag one from the next round to keep my BSA company.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

One of AIM's recent batch? British, Indian, or Australian? (They apparently only had 4 Lithgow Aussies.)

They reportedly have another batch to unwrap and sort. Depending on the reports from this first batch, I may snag one from the next batch to keep my BSA company.

British, asked for WWI date. Its a blessing and a curse that I work 20 mins from AIM. Razz

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Be sure to snag a surplus discharger cup to complete the "grenade launching rifle" getup.

https://www.libertytreecollect...rd.asp?idproduct=579

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
quote:

And my sole milsurp handgun, a 1941 Tula M1895 Nagant

Pretty specimens, but I guess the Russians never heard about cylinder gap...

Do you get alot of powder spray when you shoot it?

I believe Nagants actually close the gap pressing the cylinder to the barrel when you fire, Is this true?

Posts: 2211 | Registered: April 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Practical:
I believe Nagants actually close the gap pressing the cylinder to the barrel when you fire, Is this true?

Yes. See my explanation at the top of Page 2: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...561/m/7280085633/p/2

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:

The Albanian SKS had another unique feature, that differd it from the Russian and Yugo models, can't remember what it was... Handguards?

Just remembered, the shape of the bolt retractor.

Their handguards and stocks were also different.

The Albanian SKS has an elongated handguard and stock that runs the length of the entire gas system:

The standard SKS (including Russian, Romanian, Chinese, and Yugoslavian SKSs) has a shorter handguard and stock:

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Hey Rogue, fill us in some time on the stock disc information sir. Maybe on a Swede..Thanks. I used to know something about those but its been a long time. Smile

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, thanks for the photos & history lessons.

Less is more.

Posts: 3995 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Hey Rogue, fill us in some time on the stock disc information sir. Maybe on a Swede..Thanks. I used to know something about those but its been a long time. Smile

Unfortunately, Swedish Mausers aren't one of my areas of expertise. Perhaps George85019 or Gambit, or another Swedish Mauser owner, can help us out.

Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Waiting to see if 45Cal will post up his Greasy Old Mil-Surp Kimber Target..such a horrible old rifle I have never seen.. Smile

Well I will try,pb dumped my downloads twice this am.

I cant leave things along so

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Beautiful 45 Cal, I want one of the Kimbers. Its the kind of target rifle I like.

I have had to date a Remington 40XR and a 540X or as I have seen them later called 541. Whats not to like about a heavy barrel target .22.

Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Beautiful 45 Cal, I want one of the Kimbers. Its the kind of target rifle I like.

I have had to date a Remington 40XR and a 540X or as I have seen them later called 541. Whats not to like about a heavy barrel target .22.

Fine rifle,but after a few shots its boring .
The one I bedded just does the same hole off sandbags.Trigger is adjustable but it breaks like glass at 1 1/2 lb.
Seems to like the Rem target match mil spec surplus that comes in tin foil.Actually that is all that I have tried
I have another one in box and got to bed it also for other grand daughter.
The peeps are pretty good,and I am not planning scopes.
My girls were first taught with irons and are decent shots,their hunting remingtons have scopes,they think that is cool even though their are cheep scopes.Their a/r's are irons also.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't that aKimber 82M Government Target.
Single shot 22lr.
Did yours have the box knife "razor cut" in the stock...?

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2920 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post