SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I like that Omega sends the customer the replaced parts. Rolex used to do that but stopped years ago.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Pulled this from the FB Omega fanboy page:

Posts: 1979 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sacrilege!

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Success.

I'll see how it does over the next week. Display caseback and lumed sapphire bezel insert by the end of the week.

Now, the downside is, I was feeling so good about this, that I tried to do my Invicta next. The adjustments were really difficult to move, and with my first small adjustment, the movement stopped. I adjusted both the beat error and the rate and got it moving again, but it's horrendously off. Like, 8ms beat error and +900 seconds a day. Going lower shuts the movement off. I watched a video of a guy doing it and all he had to do was gently nudge the adjustments and I had to carefully bear down on them. Seems Invicta over-cranked the shit out of something, possibly when they added their signed rotor. Not sure what I want to do with it yet, but I'm tempted to buy a whole new movement, dial, and handset and start fresh. Probably before that, I'll pull the movement apart to its last piece just to explore and learn. Maybe in the process of doing that, I'll manage to loosen up whatever's holding the adjustments so tight and I can get it running correctly.

Posts: 17053 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on regulating the Glycine!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My Omega just came back from service. It looks absolutely brand new. I had it serviced by an independent three years ago and he did an absolute shit job, damaged the rotor and balance spring when he left the movement screws loose and one came out, jamming the rotor and the balance.

He refused to warrant the rotor claiming the damage was "superficial and the hairspring was fine. It ran excessively faster and faster until it was 5 minutes an hour.

This time it went to Omega. They replaced ANYTHING that wasn't perfect all for the quoted price and within 8 weeks. They polished the case and re-brushed the bracelet. I found a new pin and collar where someone had used a folded cotter pin in the summer link.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow - that really does look new.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I recently taught myself how to remove and install hands. A most ambitious build is on the horizon.

P220 Smudge, tear into that movement and don’t be afraid to break it. It’s how you learn. Smile I thought I killed a 7S26 this past week only to discover my terrible skills at hand instillation had jammed up the second hand on the minute hand. It was a simple fix and the movement is back to keeping stupid good time. Now I know what not to do. Big Grin

The teaser pic of my first Seiko mod that will be built 100% from parts.
The Seiko Stargate II dial seems like a great place to start for a blacked out turtle build using mostly rare/ obscure OEM Seiko parts. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21060 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
@stickman, that would be very interesting to see a sequence of assembly pics, tools used, places you acquired the parts, and tips for the novice looking to build from scratch

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

P220 Smudge, tear into that movement and don’t be afraid to break it. It’s how you learn.

That Sellita 200 is a $250+ movement when not purchased in bulk. It's best to buy chinese copies to practice on.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
True. Thankfully, it’s regulated by carefully turning a screw. I’m pretty well practiced at that.

The NB35 he was referring to is a different story.

Posts: 17053 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
GCE61, that’s my plan. I’ll post up the parts and tools and where I sourced the parts/tools as the build progresses. I’ve decided on all the parts of this build except for the hands I’m going to use. I’ll probably go with some kind of marine master 300 variant for the hands.

P220 Smudge read into my post correctly. I do not recommend tearing into eta/Sellita movements to teach yourself the ins and outs of automatic movements. The NH35& 36 and the cheaper Chinese clones are better movements to practice on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21060 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of chinese, bootleg autos if anyone wants them

Posts: 5298 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
@stickman, that would be very interesting to see a sequence of assembly pics, tools used, places you acquired the parts, and tips for the novice looking to build from scratch

Agreed, sources & basic steps would be nice.
Definitely something I could see myself getting into, if the entry casts are reasonable.

Hard part is knowing where/how to start.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Actually, if you’re serious, I’d love a chance at them (or one of them or others are interested, not trying to be greedy). If you’re offering them up for tinkering and dissection, that is.

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Congratulations on regulating the Glycine!

I missed this, somehow. Thanks! It wasn’t as bad as I imagined, and in practical use, I seem to be losing a little over a second a day, so I’m going to go back in a bit later this week once I’m sure it’s settled and see if I can get it to +1. If you’re on the fence about a timegrapher and you can afford one, I already see a lot of value in having one.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

Actually, if you’re serious, I’d love a chance at them (or one of them or others are interested, not trying to be greedy). If you’re offering them up for tinkering and dissection, that is.

Agreed,
I'd be interested in tinkering, but would need to acquire some of the needed tools.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can use the parts.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’ve wanted Seiko to make a Samurai version of their blacked out “ninja Turtle” that has been out for a few years and has climbed crazy high in value. 2021 was the year Seiko finally released a Samurai variant. #2007 of 8000 is mine. I’d love to see the Samurai climb in value like the turtle version.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'd like that too, after I get the two Samurai models I'm looking for. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13421 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Nice Stickman

I got an email from Island watches featuring that one and a Monster Prospex that they are making 7000 of

Posts: 5298 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post