SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 ... 473
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That is cool, I like that color combo.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
Missed out on the Seiko Frost Monster (SBDC073) when that came out, really liked the dial so when this one was released I got it and it's been keeping time accurately Big Grin

Lume is pretty good as well Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: toxophilus84,

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 223 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LMLarsen
posted Hide Post
A Frost Monster?? I have the Black, and have only ever seen Black, Orange, and Blue Monsters.

Wow!

Posts: 271 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Frost Monster: SRPG57 (J1)

Also sometimes referred to as Monster Ice, and beautiful in person. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I bought the best stealth watch ever made. VThoky don’t give it away (he’s already seen a pic of it). Can you guess what it is? Hint, it has an in-house movement and that COSC movement is a BEAUTIFUL mechanical work of art.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21111 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I bought the best stealth watch ever made. VThoky don’t give it away (he’s already seen a pic of it). Can you guess what it is? Hint, it has an in-house movement and that COSC movement is a BEAUTIFUL mechanical work of art.

Christopher Ward C60 Abyss with the SH21 movement.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Not aiming to derail stickman's enthusiasm, but I wanted to show Seiko's SNE493. It's not a nifty-cool automatic, but I sure wouldn't mind having one.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
So, it was time to upgrade to a mechanical watch again. There were two in the running. The Omega Seamaster Diver 300 and the IWC Spitfire.
Cost is about the same. I picked up the additional rubber strap for the Seamaster, with the deployant buckle. I tried both out. The Seamaster I can wear with just about anything. It’s completely my style and I feel quite at home with it.
The IWC is beautiful. I love the bronze case and the green dial. Paired with the brown leather strap, it’s incredibly beautiful and it just looks timeless. Super classy watch and the patina it would get would really make it a one of a kind.

At the end of the day, the Seamaster was what suits me much better. The IWC was returned and they completely understood.

As far as the Seamaster, I love it. I’m quite a fan of white dials and it just is the perfect watch for me. I can also swap back and forth from bracelet to strap in a couple minutes.

Here are some pics of both, maybe at a later date when I can afford it, I’ll pick the IWC up also. For now, I’m quite enamored with my Seamaster.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Beancooker,

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
That Seamaster is gorgeous Beancooker! I, too, am partial to white dials and end up wearing them way more than my watches with dark dials.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Both nice, really like that IWC, but maybe in a silver case.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15334 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous Seamaster Beancooker!! Congrats!

My summer watch is not nearly as cool or nice as rOgue’s but it’s one that I’ve wanted for years. Behold the Seiko SBDC077….arguably the best looking dial and bezel combo Seiko ever made. Sadly this model is out of production and becoming more and more difficult to find. I cannot wait to take this baby surfing this summer! Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21111 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Thanks you! I’m quite enamored by this watch. It’s pretty enjoyable and no one has noticed what it is. I had one guy at work ask “Is that a Tag?!?!” He was quite excited. I said, no, it’s an Omega, to which he just said “oh, it looks like a Tag, would have been cool if it was. Never heard of Omega”. I was pretty happy he didn’t know what it was.

As far as the IWC, in the brushed stainless case they don’t offer the green dial. Only the black. I have to say, the pics don’t do either justice. The IWC was an incredibly beautiful watch.

Stickman, I have to agree. That is an incredibly beautiful colorway. I love the gradient on the dial and I have always been a huge fan of the Seiko Diver. I can see why you’re excited to wear it.

I had the chance to pick up the solid green dial and bezel Citizen Promaster Automatic at Costco a while back. It was $300. I’m still kicking myself in the ass for not grabbing that watch.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Tag, and I love that Omega. you made a great choice.

It's hard to believe there's anyone that doesn't know Omega, to be honest. That guy live under a rock?

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
He’s a self described “minimalist”. Pretty cool guy, but yeah, lives under a rock.

quote:
The “lol” thread

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Noah! Congrats!

That's the exact model of Seamaster I've been eyeballing pretty hard the last two years. I keep not buying one, and they keep getting more expensive. Glad you pulled the trigger on one.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Lots of diver action here lately, so I'll throw a post. My new Tudor FXD. Firmly earning the role -- #Beachwatch2022

Posts: 11389 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Rogue, that’s quite badass. I’m quite the fan of blue on watches, and I really like the matte, more muted color your watch has. Really beautiful.

quote:
The “lol” thread

Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Lots of diver action here lately, so I'll throw a post. My new Tudor FXD. Firmly earning the role -- #Beachwatch2022

Congratulations, that is great looking watch.
Were you able to pick that up from an AD or did you get it on the secondary market, I know they are very hard to find right now.
I was at the AD I do business with yesterday and they had a few Tudors in the display case however I have never seen that watch in person.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
One more diver... picked up a GSAR a few weeks ago when Marathon was having a nice sale. I'm partial to white dials Cool

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

Congratulations, that is great looking watch.
Were you able to pick that up from an AD or did you get it on the secondary market, I know they are very hard to find right now.
I was at the AD I do business with yesterday and they had a few Tudors in the display case however I have never seen that watch in person.

I got it from the AD. I think things are easier to get than they used to be. Even Rolex is loosening up. I noticed some resellers that don't normally carry newer Rolex have scads. That tells me the top tier Greys are liquidating their hordes. Which of course, is a huge driver of the whole shortage. I never buy grey, and I never pay more than retail. I'm always able to get what I want with a little patience.

Posts: 11389 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post