SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
What am wearing today? My Seiko Turtle "Blue Lagoon" with a Strapcode Jubilee bracelet. I love the color, and the very subtle sunray dial.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Those Vaer watches are sharp!

JHE888 that’s one of the best dials for the turtle. Fantastic bracelet choice!! I have the samurai version and have been QUITE tempted to put the date only samurai dial into a turtle. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Anyone else get the email from Helm? An orange Komodo is in my future!! Big Grin

My order is complete! Now the waiting begins....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Anyone else get the email from Helm? An orange Komodo is in my future!! Big Grin

Personally I'm still waiting for an email and I was #2179 on 8/13. Do you mind sharing what number you were?

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

What number were you? As I recall, I am 30XX or so. I figured it would be sometime in mid 2022 for me.

I will order a white Komodo.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I filled it out in December of 2020 but they mention on the website that they also do a lottery so I believe my name was drawn from the lottery since I was probably way back in line. I went back on my email and can’t find a number.

I got an email from Helm that said within 7 days I would get another email and that I had an opportunity to buy a Komodo. Once I got the 2nd email and put in a password I would have 48 hours to make the decision to buy.

I decided to get this one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I don't recall my number and their check system had been down lately, but I thought I'd get an email. Frown

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Congrats Stick.

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
ALL ABOARD!

1910 Ball Official Railroad, Model 1899-19j

This matches with my Hamilton Railroad Grade.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Whoa....that is a super cool watch!

Congrats Marzy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 222 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
^^Looks like a Marathon JDD. Nice. Cool

The Quartz version is my next acquisition.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
In anticipation of a new arrival from Helm, my Vanuatu got some love today. It’s such a cool watch. With elements from Sinn & Marathon it’s one of my favorites and really gets pampered considering it’s an absolute tank of a watch.

I found a neat Tudor that has inspired me to build a Seiko with a similar color combo. I’m going to use the new Seiko 5 Sport golden SRPD dial/complete movement (since it’s a 4R36 movement) and swap it into a Turtle or SKX with the gilt (black & gold) bezel insert along with a sweet laser etched chapter ring. I think it will look cool. I might even use a samurai case or 62mas case.

This is the inspiration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Loving the markers and hands on that Helm, stickman.

Hey, did you get a message from our favorite watch lady about Watchtoberfest?

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Nah. I’m not enough of a high rolling VIP to get invited apparently. Razz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Anyone here do business with Long Island Watch Company? Would you recommend them?

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yes! Long Island Watch is legit. I’ve done business with them many times. Buy with confidence. Marc is a good dude & true watch enthusiast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
A big YES on Long Island Watch

What are you looking at?

Posts: 5301 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nah. I’m not enough of a high rolling VIP to get invited apparently. Razz

Gee whiz, I must be straight-up ballin'! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
A big YES on Long Island Watch

What are you looking at?

I've been looking at the Marathon GSAR anthracite version. I asked because I thought bonuses were dropping today. I was wrong. Going to have to wait some more.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post