SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 470 471 472 473 474 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Whether SWATCH is your cup of tea or not, the group is marketing their high end brands to the younger crowd with these new editions.

Like the Moonswatches, I think they're interesting ideas from a business standpoint, and they certainly sell well in their target demographics...

I just wouldn't be able to bring myself to spend $300-$500 on a plastic watch, regardless of the name on the dial.

Posts: 32562 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Love the Snoopy Marlins. Nice one Mars.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15383 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I have a new favorite watch. I’ve been wearing this one for a few months now but have not posted a pic of it up until today.

The Sinn 206 ST AR is one hell of a watch.

The used but in great shape 206 I acquired came with the “heavy bracelet” which has brushed main links with polished center sections. It IMO pairs with the 206 case better than the “fine” Sinn OEM bracelet option. The lighter fine bracelet didn’t do as good a job keeping the heavy chronograph case in place on my wrist.

The moisture absorption capsule is also another unique design element unique to Sinn. Sort of like how an IPhone watch has a capsule that indicates moisture absorption levels the Sinn 206 has an EXTREMELY well built 300m wr case with pushers that can be operated underwater and a capsule that absorbs moisture over years of use and indicates when the next service is necessary.

The darker the shade of the blue dot the closer the watch gets to requiring a service at Sinn in Germany.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21129 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Omega Planet Ocean, 43.5mm, 8900 Master Chronometer

Posts: 3678 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Awesome watch Maestro! I love that orange and black dial. KTM colors! Cool

The colors on the bezel insert & dial also kind of remind me of my favorite holiday, Halloween. But it is very subtle so it works. This model Seamaster has tempted me quite a bit over the years.

A sized down white dial variant Planet Ocean has also come dangerously close to being added to my shrinking collection of watches. That design is timeless!

VERY cool watch. Enjoy it! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21129 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I have a new favorite watch. I’ve been wearing this one for a few months now but have not posted a pic of it up until today.

The Sinn 206 ST AR is one hell of a watch.

Beautiful watch Stickman! I think Sinn puts out some of the best "tool" watches out there. A few days ago, I decided to scratch that chronograph itch. It's going to take a couple of weeks to arrive, it's of German origin too and I hope it wears as well on me as yours does on you!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10210 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:

Great choice! The orange accents really "pop" on that diver!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10210 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Maestro, I have to say that's the first Seamaster I can say I really like. Great looking watch.

Posts: 11234 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Maestro, I have to say that's the first Seamaster I can say I really like. Great looking watch.

Agreed, the Speedmaster is more my style, but love the black/orange.

Posts: 15383 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Omega!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38724 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. I have never enjoyed owning a watch as much as this Planet Ocean.

Posts: 3678 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:

I sure love that watch. I almost picked that over my Seamaster, but the Seamaster fits my skinny wrist better.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Whether SWATCH is your cup of tea or not, the group is marketing their high end brands to the younger crowd with these new editions.

Like the Moonswatches, I think they're interesting ideas from a business standpoint, and they certainly sell well in their target demographics...

I just wouldn't be able to bring myself to spend $300-$500 on a plastic watch, regardless of the name on the dial.

I am glad this is being done. I like the idea of these brands trying to stay around. I will by a Moonswatch someday. The Mission to the Moon and the Mission to Mercury. I see Tag got together w/ Kith and is bringing back the old plastic various colored watches again. Like it!!!

Posts: 4069 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok. A question for Stickman and our other watch fiends or modders. I have a beat up old Invicta 9403. It works great, keeps time, and the case is all good. However; the bezel is chewed up bad and the glass/sapphire is blown up. I want to see if I can get a new sapphire and bezel at one of the mod parts shops online. Everything seems to measure the same as in my orange Seiko I got from Stickman(sorry, don’t remember the model #).

Thanks!!!

Posts: 4069 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

I am glad this is being done. I like the idea of these brands trying to stay around. I will by a Moonswatch someday. The Mission to the Moon and the Mission to Mercury. I see Tag got together w/ Kith and is bringing back the old plastic various colored watches again. Like it!!!

The Red Bull F1 cars have Kith Heuer on the car this week. Was wondering what that was about.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I just got the email from Helm that I can buy a Ti Vanuatu…. But do I really need any more watches…tough decision. Hmmmm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ti Vanuatu

It looks sharp, man, and that price isn't terrible.

https://helmwatches.com/vanuatu-titanium.html

I really like that TS1 bracelet on it.

God bless America.

Posts: 13525 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
Ok. A question for Stickman and our other watch fiends or modders. I have a beat up old Invicta 9403. It works great, keeps time, and the case is all good. However; the bezel is chewed up bad and the glass/sapphire is blown up. I want to see if I can get a new sapphire and bezel at one of the mod parts shops online. Everything seems to measure the same as in my orange Seiko I got from Stickman(sorry, don’t remember the model #).

Thanks!!!

Check out Crystal times USA or Namoki mods. They might have a crystal for your Invicta.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
quote:
I just got the email from Helm that I can buy a Ti Vanuatu…. But do I really need any more watches…tough decision. Hmmmm

It's TITANIUM! So light, you won't even know you have it (on).

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8368 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I really like that TS1 bracelet on it.

Yep. I like these "super engineer" style bracelets. The issue usually is that they're quite heavy. But that is obviously not a concern in titanium.

Posts: 32562 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post