SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Omega watch owners, do you recommend sending your ...Omega has the option to fully restore your watch back to new condition and provides a two year warranty. It’s expensive though. ($1500)

They're never right again once they polish them.

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
My "new" 1984 Orient diver! Big Grin

I officially HATE rubber straps. HATE them.
Ugh these things wear like, well, rubber.
A mech diver bracelet is on it's way!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I've got another Seiko on my Want List right now:
Black dial Samurai, SRPB51K1

Gah! Eek I found a deal, and raided the Mason jar in the back of the pantry.

See you next week, new Samurai! Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Omega watch owners, do you recommend sending your watch back to Omega for service work? I was looking at their prices and was a little surprised by the cost of a cleaning/service. ($450-550)

It’s neat that Omega has the option to fully restore your watch back to new condition and provides a two year warranty. It’s expensive though. ($1500)

David Troung did a full service on a Rolex for me I bet he can do an Omega as well.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Vthoky, Macy’s is running a good deal on Orange Seiko Samurai’s. It’s like $211 shipped for a new Samurai with the coupon code “DAD” which gets you 20% off.

Link to Seiko Samurai

At that price I’m VERY tempted but I probably have too many orange dial Seiko Divers as it is now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
While I have always pruned my collection to maintain a small footprint, I have over a few decades, owned a LOT of watches. It strikes me as odd that only now have I finally acquired the quintessential black bezel Sub Date.

I really struggled with this version when they released it with the wider lugs, but now, somehow they seem ok. Familiarity I think. This version has been out a good while now.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Vthoky, Macy’s is running a good deal on Orange Seiko Samurai’s. It’s like $211 shipped for a new Samurai with the coupon code “DAD” which gets you 20% off.

Ooh, good deal! Thanks, stick. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you like the newer Sub, but I still prefer the older cases. I have more than enough divers, though. A Sub isn't on my list.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

Link to Seiko Samurai

At that price I’m VERY tempted but I probably have too many orange dial Seiko Divers as it is now.

Great price. If I didn't have an Orange Monster, I'd buy one at that price.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a bronze cased watch?

I have been digging the look of bronze, but have no experience. It seems softer than steel, but probably harder than gold, right? Any issues with durability or wear on the finish?

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Bronze is made to look beat to hell.

Ball just released a beautiful bronze.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Darn you and your good deal Macy’s!!! I have too many orange watches already! Big Grin

I guess I’ll retire the G-shock rescue and replace it with this. It’s dial is almost as obnoxious as the old bright red G-shock....though the Strapcode mesh does give it a slightly more civilized look. This should be a decent do everything watch for summertime fun....lord knows the well worn Omega needs some maintenance, professional assessment and maybe some new parts before it becomes my summer lake/beach watch.

**updated with better pic**

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Well, stick, I sure am glad you took advantage of the Macy's deal... my Samurai arrived today!!

I was as excited as a kid at Christmas when I learned it would be here today rather than Monday. Got a couple of links poked out of the bracelet on my way home, and am loving it right now.

Holy smokes, this thing is YUGE on my skinny wrist! Eek Additional observation: this one is WAY heavy, compared to the 20-year old Seiko titanium chrono I wore all week.

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
Anybody have an opinion on the Casio Edifice line? I was looking on-line at a G-Shock and one of their Edifice watches came up.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
While I have always pruned my collection to maintain a small footprint, I have over a few decades, owned a LOT of watches. It strikes me as odd that only now have I finally acquired the quintessential black bezel Sub Date.

I really struggled with this version when they released it with the wider lugs, but now, somehow they seem ok. Familiarity I think. This version has been out a good while now.

It’s a beautiful watch and as you stated: quintessential. Congrats and wear it in good health! A fine choice!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
It’s a beautiful watch and as you stated: quintessential. Congrats and wear it in good health! A fine choice!

Thank you Pulicords! I was invited to their "WatchWeek" event today. Perhaps some good pics to come of new releases or even not yet released from JLC IWC, Cartier, Panerai etc.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
This should be a decent do everything watch for summertime fun....lord knows the well worn Omega needs some maintenance, professional assessment and maybe some new parts before it becomes my summer lake/beach watch.

Congrats stickman! Always best to play it safe with long-serving quality watches like your Omega. Until the seals are replaced etc, this Seiko will be a fine stand in.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
newtosig765,

I don’t have any experience with casio’s edifice but I have been quite tempted by a few models and come close to pulling the trigger. They are some very good looking watches. Casio watches tend to be fairly robust, solid watches. They should be good to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
Thanks. The one I looked at bore a striking resemblance to the Omega Speedmaster, but upon closer inspection it's nearly 20% bigger than the Omega!

Yuuuge!!!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Got a mesh bracelet for the Orient. Big Grin

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post