SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Luminox "Recon Team Leader" and Victorinox-Swiss Army "Dive Master Titainium Black Dial". I like these two watches, but just wasn't satisfied with the OEM band/bracelets. Both I replaced with Hook 'n Loop release two piece bands from B&B Bands. I can't overstate how well these are made and comfortable they are! https://www.bandrbands.com/Hoo...oop-watch-bands.aspx

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I got something interesting today. A whopping $121.00 on the fleabay managed to fetch both the watch and a band that both appropriate the Omega Seamaster’s style quite closely. It supposedly has a Citizen movement. I love the sterile dial that only says “Automatic”. It is every bit as reflective and aesthetically pleasing as my Seiko PADI’s gorgeous blue dial.

Compared to my real Omega Seamaster the fit and finish and over all qualify is no where close. But for a total of only $121.00 I am curious to see how accurate the watch is and how it stacks up to a MUCH more expensive watch. I don’t think the Chinese copy is going to be very water proof. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
And now for something completely different.

This has lots of fun tech in it. It gets a radio time signal. You can Bluetooth it to your phone and coordinate it to an internet time signal, as well as control certain functions from the phone. Dual time zones. It is fun to watch the hands whirl around when you reset from time to another time zone to stopwatch, etc.

It won't replace my Explorer, but it is fun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhe888,

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JD83
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
quote:
Originally posted by JD83:
My wife's fairly new SKX007 Seiko. She wanted a watch in keeping with the trend for larger dials so I got her this 37mm diver(she has really tiny wrists).

The 007 is a 42mm watch. The Skx013 is the 38mm version. Same movement. Nice watch. I’m a big fan of seiko automatics Perfect watch for somebody with smaller wrists who wants to wear a diver.

You are right(and a 42mm watch would look ridiculous on her-and me).

Here are some good write ups on the 007(the Hodinkee article is one reason I bought the Skx013):

https://monochrome-watches.com...seiko-beater-divers/

https://www.hodinkee.com/artic...-skx007-divers-watch

Posts: 352 | Location: Blue Heaven  | Registered: April 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
My Son's watch. He bought it as a graduation present to himself.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
And now for something completely different...

What model is that, jhe?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post

A homage to P-220's image above.
Smile

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:

Very nice.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
And now for something completely different...

What model is that, jhe?

MTG-B1000BD-1A

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:

I've always liked the Yachtmaster. Nice.

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've always admired the model SA Inox diver. Looks like a serious, purposeful watch. Like that strap as well.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post

I don't think I have posted this one. I'm not a real lover of homage or replica watches, but I wanted to build a GMT/second time zone watch and didn't want to pay $300 for an ETA 2893-2 movement. I decided to buy this one and rob the movement for the project. I wanted to run the movement in for a while before I took it down and cleaned and lubricated it. It's a "sterile" Parnis Chinese watch from Amazon and I will be damned if it is not terribly accurate out of the box. Initial eval was -6 sec/day and it seems to be holding that for roughly two weeks of wear. Its still dead on time. Now a dilemma, break it down or just suck it up and keep it.

RMD

<EDIT> Surprised at this price point, but the bracelet is a solid SS, screwed link bracelet with solid end links as well. The clasp lets the side down though as its stamped SS and has some sharp edges.

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I was in Macy's today and got a first hand look at a couple of Hamilton watches I've been interested in. Very nice. Maybe part of the year end bonus (if we get one this year) just might go for one.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
I've been looking pretty hard at the redesigned Tissot Seastar that came out in the last year or so...the sunburst blue dial with black bezel, which is my favorite diver watch color combo and one, unfortunately, I don't have. Oris makes a beautiful Aquis in that combo, but it's considerably more expensive...this is a more reasonably-priced riff on that Aquis look. Comes in both mechanical and quartz chronograph...if the latter was a HAQ, I'd probably already own it. As it is, the choice between the two (and waiting until this blue version is offered with bracelet (only color that is not)) is doing a nice job of delaying any action on my part...I don't need another watch, but this thing is, I think, stunning, save for bezel numbers that I think are too large (though somewhat gray in true appearance, so downplays the size a bit and, in fact, can be a little tough to read at certain angles, something the bottom pic illustrates).

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I was reading through the thread on the Seiko dive watch located here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/7710053954/p/1

Went to the Uncle Seiko site mentioned and saw this under the watches for sale section.
https://www.uncleseiko.com/sto...trap_--_US_Only.html

This looks like a pretty good deal.
Any feedback on this seller?

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I think that is for the bracelets only. Uncle Seiko is reliable.

RMD

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:

I don't think I have posted this one. I'm not a real lover of homage or replica watches, but I wanted to build a GMT/second time zone watch and didn't want to pay $300 for an ETA 2893-2 movement. I decided to buy this one and rob the movement for the project. I wanted to run the movement in for a while before I took it down and cleaned and lubricated it. It's a "sterile" Parnis Chinese watch from Amazon and I will be damned if it is not terribly accurate out of the box. Initial eval was -6 sec/day and it seems to be holding that for roughly two weeks of wear. Its still dead on time. Now a dilemma, break it down or just suck it up and keep it.

RMD

<EDIT> Surprised at this price point, but the bracelet is a solid SS, screwed link bracelet with solid end links as well. The clasp lets the side down though as its stamped SS and has some sharp edges.

I've actually been looking at one of these in "Root Beer".

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've actually been looking at one of these in "Root Beer".

For the price, hard to go wrong. The hardware is decently good, and the movement can be replaced for $30 if necessary.

RMD

War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Thread's so long I'm not even sure if I've posted in it. Big Grin

This week's watch (one of 3 main everyday wear watches) - Hamilton Field Khaki (42mm).

Swapped out the OEM brown leather band for black one - an attempt at a Poor Man's "Murph" from Interstellar. Big Grin

I've since learned that they now actually make and sell the "Murph" - but I'm not sure I like it enough to drop $1k on one.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post