SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 473
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Georgeair, that Kramer makes me want to chop things.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Love the Deep Blues - they remind me of a cross between the Sinn U1, Planet Ocean and Sea Dweller, and at a much more reasonable price point for a watch that should get used hard.

jhe - that is exactly what the Kramer is best at! It really is incredible, the balance is great and the blade weight is remarkably lower than I expected for a process like this. Laser sharp. Doesn't get used every day, but if it's a full-on cooking day it is definitely out. Not a safe queen! Wink

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
While I'm not a huge fan of the Yachtmaster, mostly because of the weight, I do like the crown being recessed into the frame profile as it doesn't dig as much into my wrist when I bend my hand back, as opposed to a watch that the crown protrudes out further.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by modestglock26:
Nothing fancy but I felt obligated to add a pic of my new Deep Blue since I've already blamed this thread for its purchase.

Felt like adding a watch that didn't have a dark face into the mix and something about this Sea Ram just worked for me.

Untitled by cxcxsx, on Flickr

How do you like the Deep Blue watches???
How is the build quality?

Only had it a few days now but so far my thoughts are:

I like the ceramic bezel. Clicks into place very nice. Feels like decent build quality. The sapphire is nice and clear, no blems found anywhere on it.

The only thing I don't love:

The lume on the hands is bright, but the rest of the indicators seems to be much weaker.

My VSA Titanium Dive Master 500 has the best lume of my small collection so far. Lasts the longest, but I prefer the blue color of the lume on my Citizens vs the green.

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .45ACP
posted Hide Post
Quick cell phone pic taken just shy of noon today of the watch I've been wearing this past month along with what I was/am currently carrying and today's mid day smoke.

Standard domed sapphire crystal with mixed polished/brushed finishing on the stainless case. I'll admit that the dial is a bit busy but it has not been a problem for me to read on the go and I like how the internal and external bezels reduce the look of the overall size of the watch on the wrist (42mm). On the up side something about the girth of a mechanical chronograph piece on the wrist feels special for me and I actually utilize the complication, also I enjoy how different colored hues play off of the SS dial as lighting changes throughout the day. That and I've been on a rubber strap kick lately, I'm fighting the urge to order a rubber strapped Oris that has caught my eye.

Posts: 1913 | Location: CO | Registered: March 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JD83
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
While I'm not a huge fan of the Yachtmaster, mostly because of the weight, I do like the crown being recessed into the frame profile as it doesn't dig as much into my wrist when I bend my hand back, as opposed to a watch that the crown protrudes out further.

Rolex has scored a hit with its newest and IMO most beautiful Yachtmaster offering to date-too bad it's so pricey(comes in 37 and 40mm):

2015 Yacht-Master

Posts: 352 | Location: Blue Heaven  | Registered: April 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
Does anyone have a picture of a 41mm watch on a wrist? If I'm right it would be 1 5/8?

I've got a small wrist....and I think I found my grail watch.....

This is a Citizen BN0085-01E Eco-Drive Promaster Dive I got from Dave T. The bezel is 40mm, the case is 47mm. I'm 6'3" 260# with a 7" wrist.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I scored this wristshot this morning. My longest run this morning in prep for Pittsburgh in a few weeks. Temp swung from 37 to 55 degrees during the three hour run. Try to dress right for that! Roll Eyes

Ahhh but that's springtime in Pennsylvania.

This is a Garmin Forerunner 410 GPS watch.

Posts: 11389 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
But don't the trees
seem nice and full
Picture of Snailfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
This JUST in!

Looks pretty great for the money. Strap is surprisingly nice. The movement is a rough winder. Still.... for the money, not bad. Nice execution.

Looks good. S conf hand looks great and adds just that little extra pop that the larger one should have had. The big one winds rough as well, with a different movement.

Posts: 1317 | Location: Near Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post

Sottomarino Italia (gifted to me by a member here about 3 years ago).

I sent it off to Motor City Watch Works for some changes (most notably the orange pip and cerakote). It's my usual "work" watch, though I rotate several through. But this one is badass and seemingly indestructible. And huge. And unique!

Here is what it looked like new:

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raidersrule
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

Sottomarino Italia (gifted to me by a member here about 3 years ago).

I sent it off to Motor City Watch Works for some changes (most notably the orange pip and cerakote). It's my usual "work" watch, though I rotate several through. But this one is badass and seemingly indestructible. And huge. And unique!

Here is what it looked like new:

Now that's a badass watch. I have managed to break several "unbreakable" watches at work. So far it seems that the Casio G-Shock models are the ones I cannot break. Have been wearing one for three or four years now. It replaced a Timex Ironman that couldn't keep up.

It's also a good conversation starter with criminals.

-----------------
"What if... What if grasshoppers carried .45s? Then maybe birds wouldn't **** with them so much?"

Matt Graham, Graham Combat
Discussing what if scenarios regarding cover/crowding

"Our wonderful citizenry expect the worst from police and the great majority of the time, they simply get the best."

Posts: 2873 | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
LOve a good mod chongosuerte!

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Yes, that watch looks great in cerakote! The hand set looks perfect on it as well.

Are those tritium tubes on the indices and hands?

Excellent work.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Yes, that watch looks great in cerakote! The hand set looks perfect on it as well.

Are those tritium tubes on the indices and hands?

Excellent work.

RMD

Tritium all around, in green. That's why I had the pip done in orange, to pick 12 o'clock out quicker at night.

Crystal is sapphire. Rhonda quartz movement. The thing really is a tank. The pic doesn't do it justice.

And the cerakote still looks brand new. I love that thing. If the member that gave it to me is watching, I hope they know I still appreciate their gesture!

And I'm still in love with a certain Hamilton that I treasure Wink, but that one is for nicer occasions. I'll post some more pics soon.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Morning shot before a casual 1/2 day at work. This wouldn't be in my normal work rotation, so I celebrated with a shot.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I got a new band today from Lonestar. I like it.

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Nice! Like the contrast stitch.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Great choice Jeff - the contrast stitch is nice, and the strap makes the watch a whole new piece!

Enjoy.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
You need the traditional riveted strap, Jeff.

I like the new one better than the original.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Jeff, here is my Pilot's watch, the large version from Maratac (countycomm.com):

That top pic may belong to Maratac...it was on my computer but I don't think I took it, as I had the watch as my background for a year while I drooled over it. The bottom I took a while back, sorry for the poor quality. Massive watch.

-JALLEN