SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 473
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of dkv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
ITemp swung from 37 to 55 degrees during the three hour run. Try to dress right for that!

One of my favorite variable weather dress items is a pair of cycling sleeves. They start at the bicep and go down to the wrist, and have some gripper elastic at the top to stay up.
I pull them down a bit to cover my hands when I start out; when I get hot they are light enough to tuck into the top of my shorts like a pair of flag-football flags.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Connecticut Shoreline | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Got this Luminox 3089 today and added the Zulu band.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Funny you should say that. Virtually all of my running gear is cycling gear, because I'm really a cyclist. I had Gore arm-warmers on, Castelli gloves, a STRAVA vest, and I love to run in cycling jerseys because of the pockets on the back.

quote:
Originally posted by dkv:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
ITemp swung from 37 to 55 degrees during the three hour run. Try to dress right for that!

One of my favorite variable weather dress items is a pair of cycling sleeves. They start at the bicep and go down to the wrist, and have some gripper elastic at the top to stay up.
I pull them down a bit to cover my hands when I start out; when I get hot they are light enough to tuck into the top of my shorts like a pair of flag-football flags.

Posts: 11389 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Ok, back to watches. I'm drooling over this recently. Seiko Urushi Dial watch.

Urushi Meister. Isshu Tamura hand paints the watch dials. He can make only 15 dials per day.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Jeff, here is my Pilot's watch, the large version from Maratac (countycomm.com):

Snip

That top pic may belong to Maratac...it was on my computer but I don't think I took it, as I had the watch as my background for a year while I drooled over it. The bottom I took a while back, sorry for the poor quality. Massive watch.

Great looking watch Chongo. I like the band too.

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Since we are posting Pilot watches, thought I would show off mine again.
Laco Aachen Flieger B model

[/QUOTE]

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
Since we are posting Pilot watches, thought I would show off mine again.
Laco Aachen Flieger B model

LOVE the B-Uhr!

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I finally took the plunge to a lightweight watch. The Yachtmaster was just getting a little too heavy for everyday wear. I contacted Dave T. and we exchanged emails about the Cellini model but as would have it, an auctioned timed out before he returned an email and I was the high bidder so it was a done deal. I did have to replace the croc band that came with it as my wrist needed an 8" croc band. After much searching I finally came up with one. Wearing the watch is like not having a watch on at all, I still have to get used to that. It's a mid-size Cellini and extremely light weight. Sadly it's not an automatic movement but I still like wearing it and runs for a good amount of time on a good winding.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
I finally took the plunge to a ... Cellini model ...

Very nice. I have gone from all bracelets, to none. Very much a strap watch guy. Then I added one bracelet back in when I couldn't figure out what worked with casual old running shoes.

Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
I finally took the plunge to a lightweight watch. ...the Cellini model...

I've never worked on a Cellini, but I've long admired them. The current models are automatics, but I like the older manual-only ones because they're so thin. Yours looks great.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
That Cellini in nice.

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
'99 Breitling Crosswind being "waterboarded":

It passed the "test".

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Got this Luminox 3089 today and added the Zulu band.

That Zulu would look great with my Luminox SAR. Got a reference for it? Thanks.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:

This!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Now you see why I always enter David's karma's my Timex is about shot.

Posts: 13021 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

This!

Try countycomm.com

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I would assume it's a 20mm lug width, but check it first. They have other sizes too. Here's a link.

http://www.crownandbuckle.com/...range-nato-20mm.html

quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

This!

Try countycomm.com

RMD

Picture of UDDwaine
posted Hide Post

Posts: 424 | Registered: February 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UDDwaine:

That is something special.

Don't see fly-backs too often.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I really respect Zenith. My small collection holds only one chrono. It is a Zenith El Primero. It's an incredible watch.

To be able to own a 278 component, 31 jewel, 36,000 VpH "in-house" column wheel chronograph for this kind of money is really kind of astonishing.