SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
OK It's stunning with the leather strap.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
^^^

That is just all kind of fine!!

Congrats.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Looks good Mars.
Those are some different caseback screws for sure.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
THe next model up has a standard screw on presentation back, however it's nine hundred smackerooz. Down from $1600.

For that kind of scratch, I will buy a Bulova Super Seville.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Those screws look almost microtech-ish. Wonder if one of the aftermarket microtech bits will fit? Not that you need to open the back, but you know, just in case. Smile

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
My grandfather was a graduate of the Joseph Bulova School. I really need to get one in his honor. (And before they completely phase out the iconic Accutron logo.)

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
I’ve been looking hard at the Bulova Lunar Pilot watch, the chronograph replicating the Apollo 15 watch.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
I’ve been looking hard at the Bulova Lunar Pilot watch, the chronograph replicating the Apollo 15 watch.

They're very nice watches with a great history to back their homage effort. Possibly the clearest, most easily read dial I have on any watch. The accuracy is, well, phenomenal, even for a Quartz-based watch.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:

They're very nice watches with a great history to back their homage effort. Possibly the clearest, most easily read dial I have on any watch. The accuracy is, well, phenomenal, even for a Quartz-based watch.

RMD

My hesitations on picking one up thus far are twofold: One, the size is quite large, and I am not sure how it would look on my 7-inch wrist, and, two, I’ve become so forum-indoctrinated in the idea that mechanical watches are the be-all end-all that I’m having trouble transitioning to the idea of a quartz, even this apparently hyperaccurate quartz movement.

I like the history behind it, and just love the look, though. I’ve never quite felt the need per se for a chronograph, but have always been kind of interested in adding one to my very modest collection, and this one really seems to scratch that itch.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy: My hesitations on picking one up thus far are twofold...
He who hesitates is lost -- Joseph Addison.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
My hesitations on picking one up thus far are twofold: One, the size is quite large, and I am not sure how it would look on my 7-inch wrist,

Not quite apples-to-apples, but here is a picture on my 7.5" wrist.

Note that the watch comes in two forms: One with a bracelet and one with straps. The strap model IS NOT compatible with the bracelet model bracelet. They drilled the springbar holes in a different location. Why? Who knows.

RMD

Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pic...that does give me some hope that it would work w/ my wrist.

Yes, the one w/ the bracelet is the one I've been strongly considering.

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I stole this watch for pocket-change recently.
A Vostok Amphibia #070XX.
Quirky little bugger. A little smaller than I thought it would be. The engineer style folded steel bracelet that came with it was terrible. I may mod it, or flip it. It's nowhere near as nice as my Poljot KGB watch. Almost toylike.

posted Hide Post
This is a limited edition Invicta with an SW200 movement in it. I’ve heard all the Invicta horror stories but I couldn’t resist this bugger With its SW200 movement. Is rated to 200m but doesn’t have sapphire glass. I got it for $236. Kind of expensive for your typical Invicta diver but oh well. I wanted one with an SW200.

Comes with a 5 year no questions asked warranty. Says so on the warranty card and paper work.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with the SW200 or Invicta's containing it.

Good score.

RMD

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Invicta has a tarnished reputation with the QVC marketing and jumbo clown quartz watches.
They could clean up if they move completely to mechanical movements.
Even offer a Seagull chronograph.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have 1982 Bulova Super Seville with the ETA 2834-2 movement on the way.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I have 1982 Bulova Super Seville with the ETA 2834-2 movement on the way.

Can't wait to see that one!

RMD

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Invicta has a tarnished reputation with the QVC marketing and jumbo clown quartz watches.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
The Pro Divers would do well I think if they somehow did a spin-off of it from their Glycine Combat line. So maybe half the price of their Glycine Combats and all with Sellita movements. Being careful though not to further piss off their Glycine fans if there are any left.

Keep all that other “stuff” separate.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post