SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I don't. I don't even think Fortis has an official dealer in the US. eBay is probably your safest bet.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try here:

RGM - Service Center
801 West Main Street
Mount Joy, PA, USA
Phone: 717 653 9799

WatchBuys
9650 Strickland Road
Raleigh, NC, USA
Phone: 888 333 4895

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Any ideas about where to find factory silicone bands with deployment clasps and factory bracelets for the Fortis B42?

Is there anything odd about the Fortis interlink size? If not, Amazon has a huge selection of silicon, robber, nylon, etc. straps.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Any ideas about where to find factory silicone bands with deployment clasps and factory bracelets for the Fortis B42?

Is there anything odd about the Fortis interlink size? If not, Amazon has a huge selection of silicon, robber, nylon, etc. straps.

RMD

He probably wants the factory one as it is cut to fit the case with a curve in the band so there is no gab.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
It's worth it for the fitted silicone bands.
After nearly 50 years of SS link and leather bands (+ a few NATO straps) on all my watches I discovered the silicone/deployment band. I will not go back.

Time again for the monthly waterproof integrity test.
•Certified 6/22/17 to a depth of 0.055555556 fathoms.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06: Time again for the monthly waterproof integrity test.

I had to laugh at that.

Then I had to break out my calculator and convert it to inches.

Then I had to laugh again.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
What are your thoughts on the single hand 24 hour watches? Not sure why, but I think I am going to eventually get one.

Any chance someone has one or has had one that would like to share their critique?

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Any source for silicone bands in 17mm?

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Let me start by saying, I am not much of a watch guy. Went for years without them then my wife bought me the one I showed previously in the thread. That said, I love the watch she found, it checks a lot of boxes in my like catalog.

Not sure why ads for the Slow-Mo and Slow-Jo started popping on Facebook, but they caught my eye. I tend to lean toward non-traditional styles.

Asked about them here over the weekend, and the itch took hold. I threw a hail Mary and checked Craigslist for something. There was one listing. Before I got excited I noted the listing had been placed near the first of the month. Really figured it would be gone.

The seller still had it. We arranged a meet yesterday. He realized the battery had died on the way to the meet so he went next door to Walmart to try to find one. I figured it was a no show so I called. We ended up heading to Walgreens for the battery. He set it and it didn't move.

I knew I wanted it, but didn't know what it would cost to fix. We stared at it for a bit and then he just handed it to me and said "here, I can't sell a broken watch and won't take the time to figure out what is wrong with it.

On the way home, it started moving. A bit of Googling turned up that when first set, it takes 5-7 minutes to see movement.

I reached back out to him today to get his address so I could pay for it. I will drop payment in the mail tomorrow. Both parties gor desired outcome. Smile

Cliff notes version: Got a new watch off Craigslist. It is a German made Botta Uno 24. Retails at $440. Paid $130 (+$6 for new battery).

His add photos:

My cell phone photos:

So far, I am really digging this watch. It seems to fit with r0gue's pursuit of less. Smile

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:

Luckily, saturation diving is not needed for your requirements.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888: Luckily, saturation diving is not needed for your requirements.

I tried to use my EAN32 and EAN36 tables to compute No Deco times...but for some reason they aren't set up for these extremes. ;-)

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:

So far, I am really digging this watch. It seems to fit with r0gue's pursuit of less. Smile

Very cool 24 Hour watch.

Congrats!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:

I like it! That's look great on a sage W&W strap! and yeah, I've actually paid more for some straps than the watch they were on. lol You can turn an inexpensive watch into a masterpiece with the right high craft strap! Smile

https://shop.wornandwound.com/...h-craft-vintage-sage

Posts: 11351 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
speaking of straps, I got a couple of new straps to try to breathe life into a few old beaters. Need a battery (and probably a crystal) for the old Seiko, but excited about wearing that one again after a long time sitting in a drawer. The other one has decent lume.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
C. Ward C60 on Nero Strap.

Posts: 211 | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:

Luckily, saturation diving is not needed for your requirements.

Yes, but did you remember to open the helium escape valve? Wink

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by POLLUX:
C. Ward C60 on Nero Strap.

Good looking strap. I'm as guilty as the next guy, but the heavy rustic top/side-stitching is starting to get overdone. It's nice to see a more traditional stitch like thais.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Heading out to dinner last night. Omega FOiS. Strap made from a WWII bomber jacket. It's a little rough, but I love it.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
I got a couple of new straps

May I be the first to ask where you got those great straps? My Hamilton could use a new one. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post