SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    ** Small Update 1-27 page 18*** Winter project, building a house
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

** Small Update 1-27 page 18*** Winter project, building a house Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Where does the time go? Realized its been a month and didn't want this to disappear. Time change has sucked, but I'll get some pictures up this week as the finished floor looks simply amazing ( in my humble opinion Smile )

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Great job, I have been following this thread from the beginning and am very impressed.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Really excited to see the floor.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sureshot45:
I realized after 3 boards that my 13" Dewalt planer was not going to cut it.

hehe

Well, it all looks great! I am also looking forward to seeing the floor surfaced.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright here are a couple of quick pictures, I finished the 3rd coat of polyurathane last night and went down to look it over this morning.

I actually ran out of wood and needed about 350 sq/ft, guy i knew had some of the wood as well so he hooked me up big time. The wood I had was 8-10 ft long and the stuff he gave me is all ~16ft long. While waiting to get the wood we had a few rain out days at work so my 2 best friends (and co workers) came over and we sanded and stained ~1200 sq/ft in less than 2 days.

Still have to finish my bedroom and the pantry, but now there is nothing keeping me from installing the toilets, tubs, sinks and kitchen stuff.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Love the floors and open space.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
I just found this thread. What an awesome undertaking and accomplishment. During the earlier posts I was thinking, "Man I hope he puts some corner windows in!" The flooring is beautiful too!.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DetonicsMk6,

Posts: 4812 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
American Viet Kieu
Picture of christuan
posted Hide Post
Those floors look amazing!

"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 6051 | Location: PacNW | Registered: January 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by christuan:
Those floors look amazing!

+1

You are doing a great job sureshot!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't post too often, but I've followed this thread from the start. Sureshot, your house looks great and I can't imagine the sense of pride/accomplishment. Too cool.

Posts: 25 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: March 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Man, that looks AWESOME!

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dkv
posted Hide Post
That's really looking nice.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Connecticut Shoreline | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
World Traveler
Picture of codemaster
posted Hide Post
Looking great man!!!

Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- "No, YOU move."

Posts: 6416 | Location: Herding aircraft in Jordan. | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those floors are a big hunk of awesome.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:

And the price was right!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:

And the price was right!

No joke! By the time you include rental on the sander, polyurethane, and stain I'll have a little less than $1000 in the floors. .75 cents a square foot makes me happy Smile

posted Hide Post
bump, i'm back from vacation more pictures soon.

posted Hide Post
Nice I enjoy seeing your progress....

Posts: 186 | Location: Greater Cincinnati (Kentucky) | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
Cool I am really looking forward to seeing more. I would LOVE to do something like this

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeval
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sureshot45:
bump, i'm back from vacation more pictures soon.

Great I've been hooked on this thread of your new home since you started. Can't wait to see what the finished project will look like.
The floors look great Cool

P226 9mm

Posts: 816 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post