SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    ** Small Update 1-27 page 18*** Winter project, building a house
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

** Small Update 1-27 page 18*** Winter project, building a house Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the kind words.

The hand is about 98% as I really have to stress it to feel anything.

Whats giving me fits is the mortgage companys/banks, unfortunately I've had to put off working on anything I don't have materials for already until it is mortgaged.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Any chance we can get views off your balcony?

It looks like you have a nice piece of property.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure thing, I'll see what I have saved and snap a couple more tomorrow.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Also, I need GPS coordinates for when the zombie hordes hit.

Do you take American Express?

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Wow. I'm in awe of your building talent.

Very nice. Please keep the pics coming.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do accept AMEX, as well as cash, hard liquor, and ammo Big Grin

Here are a few shots from the deck

In the picture above you can see the one down side to living here, about 2 months after I started my house they came in and put a compressor on the natural gas well. Its one of those things that you get used to because you can't do anything about it but hope that they eventually remove the compressor.

Here is a zoomed in shot, just to the right of the Green Shed is my parents house a little over half a mile away.

The pup

Outside of the studio as of today

Inside

Looking out

The first batch of work from the studio

Few more outside

Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
Looks great! I always enjoy coming back to this thread and seeing the fruits of your labors.
Hope the mess with the banks/mortgage companies gets sorted out soon.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Looking good Sureshot! Glad to hear the hand is getting better.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting your home building work. I'm very impressed. You've done a great job and I also think you've displayed the good old fashioned American spirit of can do, will do and got it done self reliance and gumption.

Well done, Sir.

Looking forward to more of your posts.

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clubster
posted Hide Post
Very cool for sure!

Able Company Sports LLC -- Licensed FFL
AbleCompanySports@Charter.Net

Posts: 5340 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: May 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with everyone else - this is a great thread about a fantastic project! The pottery items that your wife makes look like some really good stuff, too.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I've been following this thread as well. Good job.

Posts: 1512 | Registered: August 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Shame on me for never visiting the Gallery, but better late than never! I'm amazed and speechless! Bravo!!!! This is just unbelievable!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump to keep it from getting expunged.

the mortgage should be finalized in a week or two, then I'll be able to finally wrap this thing up. hopefully

BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Was sad to hear of your troubles getting the financing.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I wasn't able to get a conventional mortgage but a 5 year balloon instead. House should be about paid off by then anyways.

These appraisals are killing me though, most of it is being out in the country but the latest one came back at 104k which honestly pisses me off but there really isn't anything I can do about it. Houses aren't selling for $100 sq/ft until you get to Little Rock or some of the nicer sub divisions.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I just visited this thread the other day wondering about updates. Look forward to seeing the additions.

Good luck wrapping everything up and enjoying life there.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Been watching this thread for a while, great job!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going to keep this alive.

My mortgage went through a few weeks ago which is a big relief. We have been cleaning brush and undergrowth out of the woods and getting the place cleaned up a bit but nothing big to post of pictures on.

I'm taking a few months off from most work around the place as I need to study to take me FE exam as I'm almost a year into my job at the engineering firm and I'll have to work another 4 years after I pass the FE to be able to take my PE exam. Plus it has been very nice to just sit back on the couch and read a book, something that I haven't done in almost 3 years.

It will probably be towards the end of the summer, but I have most of the landscaping planned out and will probably be adding a carport/store room to the mix as well. My goal is to get this thing wrapped up by the end of the year.

Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
Good luck on the FE. Passed it my senior year back in '04.
Passed the PE last year (8 year wait b/c I was an ET student).
The FE was a harder exam than the PE. Broader spectrum of subjects, and you couldn't bring in any reference materials.
If the pics and updates on your house are any indication, you shouldn't have any trouble with the FE, though.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post