SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I gave a friend about 200 pounds of lead. I told him he could have it if I got half back in bullets. I carried several boxes of .45acp swc and rn bullets into the house today.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started loading 454 Casull Star line brass with Hornady 240 xtp mag with 36.0 grains of H-110

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finished up depriming my last 18lbs of 40 cal brass and 3lbs of 9mm brass.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
I loaded 500 rounds of 9mm PCC/Steel load.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Loaded 150 rounds of 110gr Barnes for the .300aac

I'm powder dipped out.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
Made another batch of .380 shot shells.

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
I built a vibrating table for brass sorting.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Sorted half a 5 gallon bucket of range brass.

By hand.

I need PPGMD's cool contraption.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
Sorted half a 5 gallon bucket of range brass.

By hand.

I need PPGMD's cool contraption.

I basically built this, but instead I bolted a 5 gallon bucket using the same bolts that the motor attaches to the plywood with.

I put a 5 gallon bucket inside the one bolted down. Place the sorter tray inside and let it get to work. Though I think I need to clamp the tray down. And a clear lid wouldn't be a horrible idea.

I am going to build his dimmer switch extension cord next weekend.

-------

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"

Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
Not a recent project but this is the best method I have for sorting brass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFw7IcQUmgs

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jmorris:
Not a recent project but this is the best method I have for sorting brass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFw7IcQUmgs

It certainly looks like a much better solution. But I have a limited budget.

-------

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"

The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
The club match I was going to shoot today got canceled, so I actually used my sorting contraption to sort a 5 gallon bucket of mixed brass.

It saves time, but not a ton of time I would say along the lines of 30-40% time savings. Probably the biggest benefit is you can spend more time doing other stuff. Like pulling out aluminum cases, pulling apart cases that are stuck together, or just going to grab things.

After sorting it, I took the 9mm/380 cases that filled 75-80% of the 5 gallon bucket and cleaned them in the cement mixer.

The first time using Lemishine in addition to my normal dish soap. What a night and day difference. With the dish soap alone they were clean on the outside, but not shiny. The Lemishine polished the heck out of the brass, and the insides are a little cleaner too and this brass started out very very dirty. It made it really easy to find any remaining aluminum cases, along with steel cases. Aluminum turned pink, and the steel cases stayed brown.

So now I have 2.5 5 gallon buckets filled with clean 9mm brass.

-------

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Gathered up all my 6.5x47 brass from my range bag, and the console of my truck, and the laundry room, and decapped all of it.

Sorted all the brass that was in my range bag. Threw all the 9mm in the tumbler, along with a bunch more I had.

Boxed up 300 pieces of blackout for Agony.

Bought a stripped 700 action for a 223AI build.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
Finally built some shelves to keep me from hunting for things.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
WEnt out to the shed to load up some 45-70s. Got the cases tumbled, deprimed, sized, trimmed, primed, and belled.

Then, I tried to get the bullets seated and crimped. Mad

I'm using an RCBS 3-die set with the last die for seating and crimping. Only problem is that in order to get a good crimp, the damned thing pushes the bullet in further. Multiple attempts at adjusting it failed over and over, so I stopped. I'll head in over the weekend and buy a separate crimping die. Also need to pick up a better set of calipers.

If it ain't one thing it's another.

Posts: 20102 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just purchased an RCBS Pro 5. From Santa to me.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimTheo:
Just purchased an RCBS Pro 5. From Santa to me.

Be sure to start a new thread and give us a review after you have ran it for awhile.

Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
JMorris;looks like 45,000 primers,you running a little low ,time to get some stock Wink

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
JMorris;looks like 45,000 primers,you running a little low ,time to get some stock Wink

I saw that too. Giggled with delight and a twinge of jealously.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:

I saw that too. Giggled with delight and a twinge of jealously.

Same here hehe!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post