SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Picture of Tango Sierra
posted Hide Post
Just noticed this thread today. Didn't do anything today but a few weeks ago I ran my tumblers 24/7 for several days and cleaned and polished over 15,000 pieces of pistol brass. Won't reload any of it until April when it's warm enough to chronograph some rounds in the back yard.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Rural North Central Illinois | Registered: November 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I didn't do shit, but my wife loaded 34 rounds of 308 for her to shoot. Big Grin

Well, I supervised.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pulled out the remainder of my saved LP 45 ACP brass and sized and de-primed all 905 cases. Also sorted and did a count. From that sort it's become rather obvious that I was a lot fonder of the Remington UMC 250 paks than I remembered. Found 560 R-P cases, 225 Federal, and 120 Winchester. The Plan for the weekend is to get all 905 cases run thru my Thumblers Tumbler then flare all 905 cases. Then they'll go into Ziplock bags for whenever I find I need to do a bit of reloading.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
I reloaded exactly 281 rds of 38spec. I ran out of bullets and didn't feel like changing dies to reload 9mm.

I really am enjoying winchester autocomp for 38spec.

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Went to a new (to us) store and am absolutely in love. Man if I had a few grand I would've walked out without a few grand. Lever guns, lever shotguns, a 30 carbine, a colt 9mm ar, a pump 22 and TONS of rifle powder.

I picked up some IMR4064, Ramshot Exterminator, and 4100.

After seeing how versatile the Exterminator is I might get more, it was only 21.99 a bottle.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Finished cleaning the bench up after a good 3+ months of pushing stuff around. Did the final rice polish of my once-fired Lapua .308. Got some blue Dillon boxes for those and labeled them to keep them sorted as per number of firings, clean, dirty, etc. I got tired of Baggies and little notes. Now they will go from green "loaded" MTM box, to gun, to blue Dillon "dirty" box, to blue Dillon "clean-ready to load" box.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but my issue is leaving for a week or two, coming back, and not having a clue where I left off. This should help.

Picked up some stackable small bin and labeled them to hold my pistol magazines. Have to pic up a couple more 3-packs to finish. Much better than dumping them all in .50cal cans. Also with the help of Mrs. Entropy, made some squeeze bags for the rifle. Filled them with aquarium gravel and hit them with water repellant.

Finally, started polishing and loading .40sw. I have 3 5gal buckets of once fired Speer that needs attention. Tumbler has been running non-stop since yesterday. I won't stop until I run out of Unique or get severe carpal tunnel! Currently taking a break for dinner!

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Holy crap, Entropy. 3 5-gallon buckets of .40 brass? LOL!! I thought I had a lot with 1 bucket full (plus ~2500 loaded). As for storing my Lapua brass, I bought 500 pieces of it, so I just use the blue Lapua boxes. I only store brass clean, and I just throw a little piece of paper in there saying how many times it's been loaded, and if it's clean, or clean and ready to load. I see the Lapua boxes on your bench.. Something to think about?

I've done NOTHING in reloading all week now, and may or may not do anything tonight. Taking a break, all that LC prep I've been doing the past few weeks wore me down.

Gun-related, though, today I: Picked up my new lower to start my SBR build, ordered the upper, handguard, bolt release, trigger, BCG, and LPK.

Still need to pick a charging handle & grip, need to order the stock, optics, & suppressor mount, and need to find a barrel. Oh, and anti-rotation pins. Need those too. And the mag release button.

Then I need to wait for my stamp to come back so I can put it all together, then wait for the can so I can go shoot it. Big Grin

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Yea, the .40 brass is from the other gig. It's been following me home for about a year without getting loaded up. Too busy. Something to think about when the tinfoil hat/gubbmint crowd pipes in. It could easily be another 6 buckets if it wasn't split up amongst a few of us who reload. Plus, WTF would I do with 9 buckets of brass? My poor Lee 1000 would blow up!

"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Well, if Lake City starts following you home by the bucket full, you be sure and let me know and I'll drive down and pick some up. Smile

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Entropy: rice polish. Whatchatalkinbout?

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tango Sierra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
WTF would I do with 9 buckets of brass?

You could share it with a neighbor, ....like me. Smile

Posts: 4123 | Location: Rural North Central Illinois | Registered: November 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Entropy: rice polish. Whatchatalkinbout?

RMD

A buddy of mine who shoots out near Sacramento swears by it. His final polish is always with the tumbler and rice. Since I used the aquarium gravel for the bags, I had to do SOMETHING with the rice I had right??

It looks pretty nice actually.

An hour later...I want to load again. Razz

TS: I'll see what I can do next time.

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:

An hour later...I want to load again. Razz

LOL!!

Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
It is too cold in my garage! All I have done lately is tumble and de-prime brass I've shot. Waiting for warmer weather -- reading what everyone else is doing is making me want to get to it.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of oldseabag860
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
I decapped 1k once-fired Lake City 5.56 that just got here and threw a few handfuls in the stainless Tumbler.

Tomorrow 1250 large primer 45 ACP are due to arrive, followed by 2k once fired M200 and 2k SAW brass.

Standard trigger and SRT kit for the 227 showed up today. Tomorrow the Wheeler brass punches arrive, and so do 2# of 1680 and 500 69 gr SMKs.

Also ordered 1k 125 gr SMK seconds from PVI today.

Needed something to keep me busy until this frozen tundra thaws back out. Smile

So what did YOU do today in reloading-land?

loaded these 223/556 till I ran out of powder
now the search starts

"NO TWENTY TWO FOR YOU"

Posts: 269 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: January 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Trimmed some more brass.

Headed out of town for work for another week though, so not much progress will be made aside from ordering more stuff.

Nearly all my SBR parts are here/ordered, just waiting on that damn stamp..

Time to hunt down some bullets for subs for that thing.

Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
I trimmed about 350 pieces if .223 brass using my RCBS Trim Pro-2, then swaged the primer pocket of a 150 pieces of brass.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Couple days back, loaded both 168 and 178gr AMAX up for an OCW test this week. Got up to the "secret shooting lair" yesterday afternoon. Greeted by at least an additional 2+ feet of snow over what was here 4 weeks ago. Arghh. Should be able to get the target stand up for the OCW, but my prospects of doing any long range stuff are pretty dismal. I don't think my target stands are tall enough to allow the steel to clear the snow. Not to mention getting them out there.

Another 6-8" forecast today...supposed to be warmer tomorrow and sunny on Wednesday.

Sidenote:

Stopped at the MKE Cabela's on the way here. TONS (I mean that literally) of 5.56 ammo. It was stacked EVERYWHERE. About a zillion kinds of packaging too. I guess some marketing guru decided making boxes that look like miniature ammo cans was a winner. Roll Eyes

Shelves packed with pistol ammo of every conceivable kind. Primers available but shelves full, not packed.

Hardly any powder, although they had a crap load of 4350.

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Yeah, such a marketing win that it's all still on the shelf, right?? LOL

I hear you about the snow. I'm in Ashland, WI for work this week. CRAZY the amounts of snow up here. I'm normally ~3.5 hours south of here. Unreal.

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Too windy to shoot today, but took the dog snowshoeing. We've got at least an additional 2 feet over what was here on January 15th. Almost up to the railings on the deck now. Luckily it's really fine and powdery or I'd be clearing it off. Stinks cause I won't even try to get the steel out into the pasture. I was offered a sled to use, but I don't have enough off trail experience not to get it stuck on the guy.

Cleared a corner of the deck this afternoon, tamped down a path to my 100yd spot for the OCW target. Waking early tomorrow to re-clean the deck and shoot. SUPPOSED to be 35F and sunny tomorrow.