SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Wait time for CCW Permits
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wait time for CCW Permits Login/Join 
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I'm in California. I just had my renewal. I submitted my application 7/26/2017 and received my renewal on 8/2/2017, so about week. The cost for the renewal was $77. I think my county may be the exception for California.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drew3630:
I'm in California. I just had my renewal. I submitted my application 7/26/2017 and received my renewal on 8/2/2017, so about week. The cost for the renewal was $77. I think my county may be the exception for California.

Mine was also $77 renewal.
Our county will issue the renewal on or before the expiration date.
We didn't have to re-submit another application, We just have to call them 90 days prior expiration to set up the appointment to drop off the qualification papers, pay the fees, and leave with the new permit.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
I did a search, looked some and found nothing on this had been posted. This is from the Clermont County Sheriff's website:
https://clermontsheriff.org/co...gun-license-renewal/
And reads:
"Senate Bill 81 allows for veterans to receive a no-cost CCW license. If you are an active, reserve, or retired member of the armed forces, or were honorably discharged, there is no fee to apply for a new or renewal license. You must present an active duty ID or a form DD-214 showing an “honorable discharge” at the time of application. NOTE: An applicant’s DD-214 must read “Honorable” or “Honorable Discharge” in the Character of Service box. “General Discharge”, “General Discharge Under Honorable Conditions”, or similar language does not meet the requirements of the Ohio Revised Code to obtain a fee free license. NOTE: The Attorney General monitors the number of license fees waived statewide and caps the total amount allowed to be waived at $1.5 million each year. When the funds are depleted statewide, the fee will no longer be waived until November 5th of the following year.

Senate Bill 81 allows any Ohio CCW license holder to renew their license at anytime before or after the expiration date."

I had to apply for a renewal and I must say the Sheriff in Clermont county runs a smooth, efficient and friendly operation. For an old retired guy the recognition and free renewal is greatly appreciated.

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
Just received my Texas permit. Total cost was $240 and took a little under two weeks from the time I submitted my paperwork on line to receipt. I was shocked it was so quick.

240 dollars!?

That's absurd.

$140 for a first issue LTC, plus class fee.
$70 for renewal, no renewal class required.

Since this post, Gov. Abbott signed a bill in May 2017 to lower the cost of a LTC from $140 to 40 bucks, same with renewal.

9 months ago when I applied, my permit took 9 days to reach my mailbox from when I submitted my application, class paperwork, and fingerprints. Class was $50, and the electronic fingerprints was approx $20.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took one week from the fingerprints to arriving in the mail at a cost of $65.00 for 4 years here in Central Oregon.

Posts: 5 | Location: Oregon | Registered: July 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I just put in for my FL permit. I was told 90 days is average but for veterans they fast track it and I should expect closer to 30. I’ll update when I get mine. Cost was 90 something for a permit good for 7 years. I did not have to take a class since I’m former military. I’m going to in order to learn the local laws but I have not yet.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
In Kommifornia it varies quite a bit from county to county. In Orange County, do everything required before your interview, I got mine in 2m. A renewal should be shorter, that is coming up. Other counties can be as little as 1m, as long as 18m. I just applied for my Fl nonres, took about 2m, but they missed info that I had to resend, so maybe sooner?

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:

Certainly is. In OC, they do almost all of it on line now, so renewal should be faster. We do have to take a renewal class, 4hrs, & qualify with each gun on our permits, 20rds each.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Florida. Had my appointment on the 25th, got my permit today. 10 days is pretty good IMO.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pale Horse,

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Georgia.
My renewal recently took about 8 days to reach my mailbox and is good for five years.
My original was decades ago so I don't know how long the first one takes today but shouldn't be more than a month or so.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fredj338:
quote:

Certainly is. In OC, they do almost all of it on line now, so renewal should be faster. We do have to take a renewal class, 4hrs, & qualify with each gun on our permits, 20rds each.

Just had my renewal class today. Same deal except we had to shoot 30 rounds per gun. 2 targets,15 rounds each target.

Renewal is just a phone call and you come pick it up on the day they specify while turning in your class paperwork.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nismo,

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I don't know. I have a lifetime license to carry.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Florida. For initial issue, made an appointment at Secretary of Agriculture office (they issue the permits), in and out in about 40 minutes, permit showed up in the mail about a week and a half later. It was good for five years, and was autographed by Charles Bronson.

For renewal, no appointment necessary, just went to the Secretary of Agriculture office, signed in, sat on my narrow ass in the waiting area for about fifteen minutes, got called in, had my photo taken (there was a sign next to the camera advising clients that they are permitted to smile!), waited while they laminated everything, and walked out with the renewed permit.

Florida regs changed: When I got the initial permit, they were good for five years and showed your address. By the time that renewal came up they extended the "lifetime" of the permit to seven years and no longer show your address, which I think is A Good Thing. When I need two forms of ID, I use my passport card for primary and carry permit for secondary, neither one shows my address, which most of the time is none of anybody's business.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post