SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Wait time for CCW Permits
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wait time for CCW Permits Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
NH has up to 2 weeks. Issued by the local PD, cost of $10. Very first time turnaround was about 22 hours and they delivered it to my home. You couldn't get a pizza delivered back then.

Michigan requires a course, range time, finger printing and the wait was a little over a month I think. All in it was probably around $300.

Back in NH, I called after a week and it was ready. Officer apologized for the delay as their office person was on vacation and no one had time to call applicants. We met at the station, BS'ed about guns for like a half hour and I was on my way. Can't complain.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Az out of state just took 3 weeks

Posts: 49 | Registered: August 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My last renewal took about 2 hours in PA only because there were a bunch of people in front of me in line. When my wife got hers -- as a Green Card holder, not an AMCIT -- in December, it took probably 30 min.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
NH has up to 2 weeks. Issued by the local PD, cost of $10. Very first time turnaround was about 22 hours and they delivered it to my home. You couldn't get a pizza delivered back then.

Michigan requires a course, range time, finger printing and the wait was a little over a month I think. All in it was probably around $300.

Back in NH, I called after a week and it was ready. Officer apologized for the delay as their office person was on vacation and no one had time to call applicants. We met at the station, BS'ed about guns for like a half hour and I was on my way. Can't complain.

I recently got a NH non-resident since the rule change there. It took about 45 days.

Posts: 16 | Registered: February 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I submitted my renewal application yesterday at 10am and had my new license by 3pm. Turn around time in our little Ohio county has always been pretty quick.

Posts: 689 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm just preparing my
impromptu remarks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
PA-Berks County has local offices. 15 minutes start to finish only because I spent the last 10 minutes BSing with the deputy.

Yep, Berks initial permit and renewals take as long as it takes to do the background check, take your picture, and print the permit.

Back when I was in Chester County my initial permit took less than a week but the renewal took several weeks.

Florida non-resident renewal takes about 6 weeks from the time I mailed it to the time I received it, if I remember correctly.

Maine non-resident initial permit took about a month I think, door-to-door. Thanks to our now-incarcerated former AG, there's no longer reciprocity between PA and ME.

Posts: 331 | Location: PA | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TX renewal last year (2016) - I think it took like 2-3 weeks from when I hit "send" online to it arriving in the mail.

Posts: 11 | Registered: January 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here in York county Pa. I applied about 11:00 am on Tuesday of last week and had an email first thing the next morning telling me I could pick up the permit. They are processing a thousand a month I was told.

Posts: 794 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
My Arizona Permit came in the mail today.

It took about 3 weeks.

$60 for the fee plus $25 to get both fingerprint cards rolled.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Wayne county Ohio, you make an appointment, show up, if no issues, pick it up the next morning.

CZ P10C and HK VP9 SK - Go Bucks!

Posts: 54 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: April 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I FINALLY got my permit...it only took 8 months! (9 for my wife). I guess that's progress?

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I have a few coworkers that recently applied in the same county as me.
I applied last year and mine took 2 months from submitting application to approval, theirs took less than 2 weeks to get a phone call notifying their approval.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Illinois resident here. Took the two days of training on February 25th and 26th. Concealed Carry license just activated on April 24th. I paid for the fingerprinting which speeds up the approval process by the State police but I'm still shocked it took under 60 days. That's a quick turnaround time for Illinois.

Now the only question is -- Glock 43 or Shield... I have both.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SC little less than 90 days.

K

Posts: 178 | Registered: January 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
For me here in MO it was 3 or 4 days from when I submitted my application to when I got the call that I was approved and come on down to get the card.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
I'm going on my third renewal in MI. It usually takes 3-4 weeks. I apply ahead of time so there is no gap between permits.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I renewed mine in July in Berks Co, PA

10 minutes!

God bless the great, red state of Pennsylvania!

Posts: 33567 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Initial non resident permit in Minnesota-1 day. Applied late afternoon, permit was mailed out the next morning. The post office took longer to get it to me.

A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master-and deserves one. Ronald Reagan, 1964, quoted from Alexander Hamilton

Posts: 1684 | Location: Southern Tennessee | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Washington state law says “up to 30 days” unless non-resident and then up to 60 days. Actual time varies based on city or county of application and the mayor/police chief/sheriff’s political opinions.

Snohomish County applied on Monday and was in Thursday’s mail. City of Lake Stevens took about a week in 2014. Back in the 90’s Kirkland was anti carry and held it to put in the mail on the 30th day out of spite.

Seems to me, with the exception of King Co Sheriff, the farther you get from Seattle and the east side of Lake Washington the sooner you will get it.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10911 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lovin' the P7
Picture of Tim335
posted Hide Post
I just renewed mine in Cobb County, GA. The application was filled out 10/9/17 and I got it in the mail on 10/20/17.

Posts: 3428 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post