Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2022 Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Prefontane, That’s a DAMN good analysis. I can’t argue with you even if I wanted to. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I read some reports today. Fabio is basically riding the wheels off the fucking Yamaha. Frankie said after the race (he was like 20 seconds behind when they finished) that Fabio is basically on the limit the entire lap. He is cooking his front tire too which is why he couldn’t do shit against Pecco at Mugello. That and Ducati have the upper hand this year, big time, as they have their front and rear ride devices completely dialed in to be very gentle raising and lowering. This is Ducati’s championship to lose. I mean Fabio could win it again just with shear consistency and hope that Enea, Pecco, and Martin and maybe Miller trade wins clawing at each other’s points. Same goes for Aleix. He is hitting podium after podium after podium.

Yamaha is just doing their repeat process as they’ve always done. When they’ve won anything they stifle their own evolution. I saw it happen with Rossi multiple times. On the 990 at the end of that era in 2006. Massive motor problems, kaboom engines with motor seizures. Then on the 800’s, now with the 1000’s. They seem to spend to win, then when they win the checkbook is closed. But I haven’t seen any real development from them since 2015 compared to the competition. Always playing catch up with aero, start device, ride height device, swing arm spoiler, name it. Fabio is just that good with the M1. Lorenzo-like in that the bike fits his style 100%. But they aren’t spending money and for a known monster of a motor company (They’ve helped develop Nissan engines, Toyota engines, Ford engines, and make power with reliability) haven’t done fuck all in the engine department in many years. Furusawa was the last to really do something and that was 2004. Just minor evolutions over the years, no revolution while Gigi at Ducati is reinventing the entire playbook. And Suzuki made a big step from last year’s engine to this year’s. Made Yamaha in MotoGP look a bit stupid. Yamaha just has Fabio and he’s riding over his head, at the limit the entire race. From what Frankie said, one wrong move, one mistake, and Fabio will fly in the air. You need some margin in this sport or you pay, as Marc Marquez knows first hand now.

I read that they said without this surgery his career would be over in 1-2 years. He held a press conference on Saturday. He is riding in massive pain every race. The rush to come back after that initial arm injury, I bet he regrets that choice now. That was 2 years ago. He flew to the Mayo clinic here in the States for surgery at some point this week, his 4th surgery on that arm. The humerus didn’t heal straight. It rotated. That’s causing him immense pain and he does not have proper range of motion. So the procedure is surgery, fracture the humerus, then rotate it before fixing it again in order to get it grow back correctly. At the same time they will remove “extra material” from his shoulder that was put there to prevent dislocation. Oddly after all this is done, his chances of dislocating the same shoulder will increase. A comedy of bad decisions by him on this and so many wrecks. He tossed his bike yet again at the beginning of Q2, it caught fire, and caused a red flag. Best of luck to the guy he is going to need it. If this don’t take well his career is over.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Very concise analysis Prefontaine.

Posts: 5027 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Well, that answers that:

https://www.motogp.com/en/news...l-with-yamaha/423817

quote:
​​​​​​​
After months of speculation, the future of the MotoGP™ World Champion is now clear. Fabio Quartararo will remain with the Monster Energy Yamaha squad for another two years after signing a new contract through to the end of 2024. The Frenchman was rumoured to be in talks with other MotoGP™ manufacturers but he has committed his future to the Iwata factory by agreeing to a new two-year deal.

Quartararo has shown great skills, comradery, and consistency so far in his two years with the Yamaha Factory Racing Team in the MotoGP™ World Championship. The successful partnership led to his first MotoGP™ World Championship Title last year, in his very first season with the Factory team. He is currently also leading the 2022 standings by 8 points.

Further Yamaha highlights on the Frenchman‘s résumé are 6 race wins and 14 podiums with the Factory Team in the 2021 and 2022 seasons so far, as well as 3 race wins and 10 podiums with the satellite team the two years prior. A contributing factor to his success were his 16 pole positions and 38 front row starts out of a total of 59 Grand Prix weekends aboard the YZR-M1.

These achievements on top of his undeniable talent, unequalled motivation, and infectious, cheerful personality have Yamaha fully confident in their partnership with the 23-year-old.

Fabio Quartararo: "I am really happy to announce to all of you that I will stay with Yamaha for two more years. In the past, moving up to MotoGP with Yamaha and later to the Factory team were no-brainers. Yamaha believed in me from the very beginning, and that is something I do not take lightly. But that being said, this new agreement was a big decision. I'm at a great point in my career, so I took a bit more time taking this decision to be sure.

"I believe in the Yamaha MotoGP project, and I feel Yamaha are truly motivated. And now that we have officially confirmed our decision to continue on this path together, we can fully focus on the current season. I want to say ’Thanks!‘ to the people around me, who always help me and support me, as well as to the fans who are cheering me on. I really do appreciate all the support."

Lin Jarvis, Yamaha Motor Racing Managing Director: "We are very happy to have reached an agreement with Fabio to continue with the Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP team for 2023 and beyond. We brought Fabio into the Factory team last year knowing he is a special talent, but he even exceeded our expectations. One doesn‘t often come across a rider of his calibre. He was already showing his talent and speed in his two years with the SRT satellite team in 2019 and 2020, but when he made the step up to the Factory team, we could really see him growing stronger and maturing as a rider. 

"In Fabio‘s first season and a half we‘ve booked many successes: 6 race wins, 14 podiums, 6 pole positions, and the 2021 MotoGP World Title. These results have come from a strong team effort from the rider, his crew, our engineers, and all team staff working together with a positive 'can-do' spirit. With Fabio we know he will always put in 100% of his best effort, and we have assured him that Yamaha will do the same and we will invest in future developments so that together we can challenge for the MotoGP World Championship Titles for years to come."

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15255 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Man if I were Fabio I’d probably have jumped ship. That Yamaha sucks and he is the only reason it’s competitive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
So Yamaha will run him until he wrecks horribly.

I think he could have really taken Aprilia or Ducati to new levels with his talent.

Posts: 5027 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
So Yamaha will run him until he wrecks horribly.

I think he could have really taken Aprilia or Ducati to new levels with his talent.

If you read between the lines, HRC, still, is all in on Marc, for better or worse. Marc has some contract that is like 4 years or something, unheard of in the MotoGP paddock. Hell it could have been 5 years, don’t remember, I just remember it was way longer than anything I have ever seen. And Marc probably knows entirely too much and HRC doesn’t want him running to another team and handing out all that secret intel.

And between the lines, Lin Jarvis and Yamaha just threw a got damn fortune at Fabio. I’d bet upping his pay to Marc Marquez levels, and at the same time promising him the moon. Oh we’ll spend money on the engine, finally, we’ll do this, we’ll do that. I also don’t think he had a lot of options. HRC is Marc. Suzuki is history. KTM is very controlling and that bike is not a known quantity yet. Seems to be hit, miss, and misses more than hits. Very jeckyll and hyde on how it works then don’t work. But that’s due to them being the newest mfr in the class. I’m sure KTM threw him a substantial offer. Ducati, just has too much talent and I doubt they wanted to pay when they are spilling talent that they can pay less $ for. Aprilia, I’m the most surprised by. Instead of doing some bullshit like HRC would, they are sticking with Aleix and rewarding his loyalty. He is very good friends with Maverick also and it’s why Maverick got in over there. Aprilia runs their team Noale family style and want a harmonious garage. Noale also doesn’t have the pockets that HRC, KTM, and to a lesser extent, Yamaha have. I’m sure they gave Aleix a substantial raise but nothing like Fabio/Marc money and at the same time are willing to stick with Maverick for 2 more years, and try to help the guy get back to the front because the potential is there. When Maverick feels good he wins, podiums, poles, sets lap records, etc. Someone just needs to work with him from a psychological perspective. And all that means that since he is where he is right now, well they didn’t have to pay him rider leading money either. So it works. Aleix is happy in the garage, Maverick is happy with the support and belief he is getting so there is no handbags going on.

So the real question is who is going to be Fabio’s teammate? Is it going to be Mir or Rins? One of them is going to get the other factory Yamaha seat. If Yamaha arranges a sat team for 2023, they could place Rins in that team as well. Honda or KTM could grab Mir or Rins as well.

Just a few seats left to figure out and all this will be done and I think soon. Fabio was holding up the whole paddock with his decision so one by one all the dominoes will fall over the next few rounds.

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Posted by Prefontane
quote:
Aprilia, I’m the most surprised by. Instead of doing some bullshit like HRC would, they are sticking with Aleix and rewarding his loyalty. He is very good friends with Maverick also and it’s why Maverick got in over there. Aprilia runs their team Noale family style and want a harmonious garage. Noale also doesn’t have the pockets that HRC, KTM, and to a lesser extent, Yamaha have. I’m sure they gave Aleix a substantial raise but nothing like Fabio/Marc money and at the same time are willing to stick with Maverick for 2 more years, and try to help the guy get back to the front because the potential is there. When Maverick feels good he wins, podiums, poles, sets lap records, etc. Someone just needs to work with him from a psychological perspective. And all that means that since he is where he is right now, well they didn’t have to pay him rider leading money either. So it works. Aleix is happy in the garage, Maverick is happy with the support and belief he is getting so there is no handbags going on.

And this in a nutshell is why Aprilia is my favorite team. I was worried Aleix would get the Suzuki treatment from Aprilia but they were just waiting for their home GP and enjoying some extra publicity until they got to make the spectacular announcement that they were keeping both of their current riders.

I’d love nothing more than to see Aleix & Aprilia win a championship this year or next year. I think they are close. I also want to see Maverick prove that he is a contender.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15255 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
FP2 belonged to Aprilia who went 1 & 2. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
With Suzuki’s heart breaking decision to pull the plug on the best team and bike they ever had I wasn’t sure how I could still maintain the level of enthusiasm I had for this beautiful sport.

Well…I think I found my new favorite team and favorite rider. Both Aleix and Maverick have had a go at trolls. Being part of the Spanish mafi gives them a bit of immunity and maybe a bit more leeway to hit back at the haters. Big Grin

Seeing Aleix and Mav go 1 & 2 on their gorgeous Aprilias in FP 2 was brilliant. Especially after this online altercation.

This was Aleix’s response to this post after Aleix posted how excited he was for his home GP and how special this track is to him.

The troll said : Especial porque eres de Catalunya y víves en Andorra para no pagar impuestos? English translation : Special because you are from Catalonia and you live in Andorra to avoid paying taxes?

Who can blame someone who risks their life all year long for wanting to keep as much of their hard earned money as possible!!??

Yeah sure the most mature thing is to ignore the retarded haters but that isn’t Aleix’s style. He even gave Honolulu a shout out! Hahahah Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

That the rumor right now. Miller to KTM factory. When it’s this loud it’s already done and the factory just doesn’t want to announce yet. Fabio’s deal was done weeks ago but the just recently announced. Oliveira to Ducati if he doesn’t except the demotion to Tech 3. I know he’s pissed, as he’s the only KTM rider that has won a race this year. He also has the option to go to LCR although I don’t know where Marc’s brother goes then as Honda definitely wants either Ogura or Chantra at LCR. 1 of their 4 seats is always going to be reserved for a Japanese rider and it looks like they’ll accept a Thai rider also but all bets would be Ogura. RIP Katosan. If Ogura or Chantra aren’t ready for the premier class then Nakagami stays for another year, one year deal then he’ll get pushed out. Looks like Marc’s brother is out.

Then the rumor is also that Rins will go to Satellite Aprilia and Mir keeps being lined to HRC. But I could see Yamaha snagging Rins. But there are a lot of riders who are down the dominoes list. Raul Fernandez does not like KTM and wants out and rumor is he gets the other Aprilia satellite ride. Then if Miguel doesn’t accept the demotion to Tech 3 Gardner gets that seat. Have heard or read nothing on Frankie and who is in line for the 2nd Yamaha factory seat. Rins makes since but not a word on it. Then is Yamaha going to pull some kind of move to get another satellite team? Not having one really puts them at a disadvantage. They retained Fabio because they promised him they will work on the engine and they are bringing internal Yamaha engineers over from the engine department to GP. So in other words, just more staff who are designated as engine only to work on that engine to extract more HP/TQ. But no satellite team where does Dovi go? Is his career over? And Darryn Binder? Suzuki pulling out, really threw all the teams and factories into disarray but I do think the Miller to KTM thing is done. Multiple sources saying the same thing but you never know silly season can always bring some shock. I am most curious about Ducati. Pecco is done. He’s not going anywhere. But who gets the factory Corse ride? Ducati was all ready to put Martin into that seat at the beginning of the year but now? Enea has won 3 races this year and is ahead of Pecco in the championship even now while Jorge is crashing out left and right. Martin has shown killer speed and had a hell of a rookie year but how do you deny Enea leading all Ducati riders in the championship and winning 3 races this year on that old engine and bike? Enea and Fabio are the leading riders in the entire championship as it pertains to over-riding the machine they have. Enea has also show to be quite masterful on managing his tires. I mean as good as Fabio. Pecco has won 2 races and a shoe in so even the Italian fans are going to stink eye Ducati and bitch if Enea gets screwed. Hard sell on Martin to me. He needs to be at Pramac.

Meh, a few more weeks and we’ll know. I’d bet 80-90% of deals are done before the summer break. Catalunya this weekend, then Sausagering, and Assen. Assen is at the end of this month. They don’t race in July so the next few race weekends are going to be quite busy with signings. Will be the busiest races all year with factory brass, agents, team owners, etc, all in the paddock scurrying about between and after sessions, meetings, etc.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
For the second time now I was right on the money and predicted the exact pole time. Thank you Aleix! Cool I doubt I’ll win a Tissot but since my overall score has been awful this season this gives me the best chance possible.

It would be sweet to get a Tissot watch signed by Aleix but I’m not getting my hopes up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Well another processional race. So tired of races like this and they will just continue. Wings, ride height devices, swingarm spoilers, start devices, get rid of all of it.

Gutted for Aleix. I hope they don’t beat him up too much. I remember someone I’m a big fan of, Tom Brady, thinking he still had a down left and didn’t. NFL commentators gave him nothing but shit about it then he won the damn SB. So hopefully they don’t just roast Aleix too hard. Everyone can have a brain fart especially these guys with their lives on the line every race. He got 2nd to me. Damn shame. Matt Birt just bags on anyone that fucks up and I’m getting tired of it. Just repeating mistakes 5 times anytime and every race. He needs to shut the fuck up. Pretty easy to talk shit from your booth in the AC with zero danger.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yeah gutted for Aleix and Alex who now has a fractured wrist thanks to Taka. Frown

Not much to smile about with this race except for Mir and Maverick having a solid outing. I try to focus on the positive things and much as I can but yeah…this race wasn’t great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Rough start, otherwise pretty eventless race.
Bummer for Aleix, thought he had engine problems with how he had a hand up before he waved. The the "oh shit" as the Ducs & Mir went by at full chat.

Nakagami got he bell rang by the rear tire of the Duc, ripped the visor clean off his helmet.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Aleix will give himself enough shit, nobody else needs to. He's riding the wheels off the bike. Fabio is too. Nobody else can get the M1 to do what he's doing with it.

Nakagami is lucky to be alive. The way the back tire snapped his head back reminded me of a high speed Pez dispenser. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't race in 2 weeks. Also think all of it came from the pressure he's feeling to replace Pol next year. Making moves like that at the start is what gets you out front and once out front, you've got a pretty good chance of staying there.

Pecco is gonna have a lot of ground to make up and I wish him the best.

Posts: 2831 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Nakagami doesn’t even have a chance at Repsol. He is over-riding because his job at LCR is at risk. HRC is looking at the two riders I listed above.

That and he had all of Marc’s HRC techs in his garage for the weekend. Ohlins, Michelin, HRC, name it. Marc is gone so all those “extra” engineers were in his garage. That adds even more pressure. He sure fucked up Pecco’s championship bid.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
From the MotoGP topic on another forum I'm on, a user's take on it:

quote:
Supposedly, Nakagami's face was a little bruised and his one shoulder was sore. He's lucky if that was all. Rins ended up with a minor wrist fracture.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Miller to KTM - 2 Year Deal

quote:
Red Bull KTM Factory Racing have confirmed Jack Miller will line-up alongside Brad Binder for 2023 and 2024 in MotoGP™ after announcing the Australian has signed a two-year deal.

Miller turned 27 in January but already has more than a decade of Grand Prix experience, including nine victories and almost 30 podiums in both Moto3™ and MotoGP™. 2014 was the most prolific term of his career so far as a powerful union with Aki Ajo’s Red Bull KTM Ajo squad saw him score six wins and only just miss out on the Moto3™ title. He made a high-profile move straight into the MotoGP™ category for 2015.

Miller will link up again with Francesco Guidotti, having worked with Red Bull KTM Factory Racing’s current Team Manager for three of his eight years in MotoGP™.

Francesco Guidotti, Red Bull KTM Factory Racing Team Manager: “Having Jack alongside Brad in our team means we have another strong asset. I know him well, I know how he likes to work and what he can bring to the box. I believe his character and the way he will ride and push our KTM RC16 will help us a lot at this stage of our project. Like Brad, Jack is a pure racer: he will find the limits and the maximum of any condition and any package and still ‘go for it’ to get the result and that is quite a rare quality. The next two seasons will be exciting!”

Pit Beirer, Director KTM Motorsports: “Of course we’ve known Jack since he made a boom with Aki and our Moto3 program and it’s a big pleasure to bring a rider of his capabilities into our MotoGP structure. He left us with a positive impression, and we’ve stayed in contact. Jack’s approach and attitude to racing are very similar to ours. I am very proud that he comes back to Red Bull KTM again and he will be a great addition to our mission.”