Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Rick Ocasek Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
https://www.foxnews.com/entert...s-dead-new-york-city

Ric Ocasek, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame singer whose popular new-wave band, The Cars, helped define the sound of rock music in the late 1970s and '80s, was found dead in his New York City apartment on Sunday, a police spokesman told Fox News. Ocasek was 75.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
RIP Frown

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Wow what a bummer.. RIP Rick Ocasek. Frown

Listened to the Cars a lot way back when. Hard to get much more unique and original than the CARS.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Another passing. I still have the original (and very much a classic) Cars first album. Their Greates hits I have on CD which still gets played frequently. (last weekend) RIP Ric. He is probably up there with Ben Orr playing the old tracks.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
That's sad. The Cars are definitely one of my top 5 favorite bands.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
saw this tonight. Sucks. First this week was Eddie Money and now this...

All the rockers are dying... Not cool.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moving in Stereo

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Read that he passed away in his sleep, recovering from recent surgery. His sons and ex-wife were with him in his last days helping him, hanging out. Not a bad way to go.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Damn. That's just......damn.! Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Damn thats sad.
One of my all time favorite bands.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rest In Peace Rick. Who’s gonna drive you home... tonight?

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
One of my favorite bands when I was in high school. Loved the Cars. They had a new and different sound compared to the classic 70s bands. "New Wave" was cool. Same with the first couple of Police records and also Blondie.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First Tom Petty and then Ric Ocasek. Lead singers from two of my top 3 favorite bands.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post