SIGforum
RIP Rick Ocasek

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/9460030164

September 15, 2019, 09:14 PM
Bigboreshooter
RIP Rick Ocasek
https://www.foxnews.com/entert...s-dead-new-york-city

Ric Ocasek, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame singer whose popular new-wave band, The Cars, helped define the sound of rock music in the late 1970s and '80s, was found dead in his New York City apartment on Sunday, a police spokesman told Fox News. Ocasek was 75.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

September 15, 2019, 09:16 PM
oddball
RIP Frown

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
September 15, 2019, 10:22 PM
Jelly
Wow what a bummer.. RIP Rick Ocasek. Frown

Listened to the Cars a lot way back when. Hard to get much more unique and original than the CARS.
September 15, 2019, 11:44 PM
SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
Another passing. I still have the original (and very much a classic) Cars first album. Their Greates hits I have on CD which still gets played frequently. (last weekend) RIP Ric. He is probably up there with Ben Orr playing the old tracks.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.
September 16, 2019, 12:09 AM
4x5
That's sad. The Cars are definitely one of my top 5 favorite bands.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ
September 16, 2019, 01:23 AM
KevinCW
saw this tonight. Sucks. First this week was Eddie Money and now this...

All the rockers are dying... Not cool.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."
September 16, 2019, 01:50 PM
Southflorida-law
Moving in Stereo

September 16, 2019, 06:25 PM
oddball
Read that he passed away in his sleep, recovering from recent surgery. His sons and ex-wife were with him in his last days helping him, hanging out. Not a bad way to go.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
September 16, 2019, 06:42 PM
erj_pilot
Damn. That's just......damn.! Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
September 16, 2019, 08:32 PM
SpinZone
Damn thats sad.
One of my all time favorite bands.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

September 16, 2019, 09:40 PM
Wolfpacker
Rest In Peace Rick. Who’s gonna drive you home... tonight?
September 17, 2019, 10:54 AM
FishOn
One of my favorite bands when I was in high school. Loved the Cars. They had a new and different sound compared to the classic 70s bands. "New Wave" was cool. Same with the first couple of Police records and also Blondie.
September 17, 2019, 01:02 PM
Batty67
First Tom Petty and then Ric Ocasek. Lead singers from two of my top 3 favorite bands.