SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    John Wick - Chapter 4
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Wick - Chapter 4 Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
JW4 reminded me of the Star Wars prequels. Because I wanted to love them, I did. For a while.

Each Wick movie raises the action and the disbelieve a little more each time, tonight as he falls down the steps my 20 year old son said, “this is like a Loony Toons Cartoon”.

A good editor could have chopped an easy hour out of it and it would have been a tighter film.

A few thoughts…

- Stay away from spoilers if you can.
- Stay for the end-credits cut scene.
- Donnie Yen was worth the price of admission
- I wish they had cast Ken Watanabe as the leader of Japan’s hotel.

The first one will always hold a special place for me, it got me through a rough time and ‘for the most part’, you could kinda-sorta believe such a secret society existed right in front of us.

2 was a bit of a stretch at the end, it started when Winston gave the command and “EVERYONE” in the park walked away.

I’ll watch 4 again when I can stream it, it’s worth a seconds showing, but I’ll fast-forward through some of the lengthy fight scenes.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Sounds like this is going the way of the Fast and Festerment. Meh, I’m still excited to see it in my home theater on 4k blu ray as you couldn’t pay me to go to the commercial cinema. It’ll be on disc in 90 days.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12631 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
the Fast and Festerment.

Oh, there’s a new one of those coming out. It was one of the commercials that previewed last night.

Also, appears to be a cartoon/Marvel CGI fest……

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
If you can live with them embracing the world of John Wick as more of a comic book, you will love this.

I enjoyed the hell out of it. Is it over the top... oh hell yes. But its three hours of fun action. Maybe I just needed a 3 hour escape, but I really really enjoyed it.

If you want realistic, this aint it. for 1000 reasons. There are no cops in John Wick world apparently, and the public doesn't mind dead bodies laying around, or men having killer axe and knife fights while they dance or ride the subway. Nobody minds buildings blowing up... etc. But I was looking forward to this and I was not disappointed.

Stay for the end of the credits...

********** Minor Spoiler ***********

They never have explained what the marker is that Winston gave John at the end of JW2

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Can anyone educate me on the make model and caliber of the lever gun?

I found it to be the most fascinating.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Modified takedown Marlin 1894?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Can anyone educate me on the make model and caliber of the lever gun?

I found it to be the most fascinating.

https://www.imfdb.org/wiki/John_Wick:_Chapter_4

Yup, custom Marlin

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
IMFDB is wrong as much as it’s right. I take everything I read there with a grain of salt.

www.opspectraining.com

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
As a JW fan, It did not disappoint.

Realistic? Um, no.

Entertaining? Hell yes.

If you are of a certain age, do not buy an extra large diet coke when watching this movie. Smile

I will say no more, other than I will watch it again.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
It was my favorite of the series. The action shots and the way it was filmed was absolutely amazing. The overhead perspective with the dragons breath battle and the donut car shooting was so cool!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was pretty good. The wife and I enjoyed it. A lot of cool scenes and visual settings.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From what I’ve heard, from Ben Shapiro and others, JW must be related to Wile E Coyote, to have walked away from as many major falls and hits by motor vehicle as he does.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
I have tickets to see it Saturday night -- in IMAX. I may be expecting a lot, but I'm confident it will deliver.

I was entertained, but I do think it was my least favorite of all four. For me, it seems like diminishing returns as it's gone on, with the first the best. This one in particular seemed long on action but short on story...not that there's anything wrong with that, necessarily, but especially at nearly three hours it gets to be a bit much. I'm glad I saw it, glad I experienced it on the big screen, but unlike the other three I doubt I'll ever have a strong desire to see it again.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Just think, if he had just gone to a different gas station, hundreds of people would still be alive....

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not so fast my friend… Mad

I’ve got to say, this actually pisses me off a lot more than it probably should.

John Wick: Chapter 4’ Avoids ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Over Memorial Day And Heads To 2023

F-you Tom Cruise and your shitty Top Gun sequel that’s about 30 years too late.

Literally 30 years too late.

You still think Top Gun II was shitty? or didnt you watch it?

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not so fast my friend… Mad

I’ve got to say, this actually pisses me off a lot more than it probably should.

John Wick: Chapter 4’ Avoids ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Over Memorial Day And Heads To 2023

F-you Tom Cruise and your shitty Top Gun sequel that’s about 30 years too late.

Literally 30 years too late.

You still think Top Gun II was shitty? or didnt you watch it?

LOL -

As the saying goes, what you post on the Internet never dies!

In hindsight… TopGun2 was fantastic, I’ve seen it multiple times, and Tom Cruise is not lying when he makes the claim that he essentially saved Hollywood.

I am more of a Keanu Reeves fan that I am even of John Wick, and so because of not having to compete with top gun, JW4 busted $100 million over the weekend. if I recall, it was not projected to do more than $80 million.

Lesson of the day… Don’t post angry!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tom Cruise is not lying when he makes the claim that he essentially saved Hollywood.

In the lead up to the Academy Awards, Steven Spielberg told Cruise that Top Gun: Maverick essentially saved the movie theater industry. Audiences had become accustomed to streaming first-run films, but Top Gun put butts back in theater seats.

During pandemic, there was a leaked meltdown by Cruise on-set during filming for one of the Mission Impossible installments. He blew his lid over some crew members skirting Covid protocols. All filming in Hollywood had been put on hold, so he was accurate in that everyone else was looking to see if filming w/ Covid precautions was feasible. Cruise was the beta tester.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:

During pandemic, there was a leaked meltdown by Cruise on-set during filming for one of the Mission Impossible installments.

I'm looking forward to this one (Part 1 of 2, apparently) even more than I was the John Wick film. Unlike the Wick films that, for me, became progressively less satisfying, the Mission Impossible films just seem to keep getting better with each outing.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
John Wick 1 was dopey simplistic fun—a guy getting revenge for his dog and car. Somewhere down the line, they decided to really feature this ridiculous crime syndicate in the sequels, with their rules and traditions and typewriters and chalkboards. John Wick 4 devotes 2+ hours to this, which makes the pacing excessively lethargic.

When the action hits, it's like watching your buddy play a video game. A hundred people get killed, but it's just flashy noise. Give me The Raid or Dredd or the end to Rambo 4. I like my violence a little meaner and more visceral.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
So imagine, 20 - 30 years ago...

John, Caine, Koji working together. The three of them could literally fight and end wars ....