SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    John Wick - Chapter 4
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Wick - Chapter 4 Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Oh man another year???

Well that sucks hippo ass.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have watched 1, 2, and 3 and will watch 4 when it is ready. As a muzzle flash aficionado, the JW films are just the ticket.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
After Nobody, which she enjoyed, I convinced the wife that she should see the JW series. Gives us time to get through them before this comes out.
3 kids & she's not a night person, so it can take 2-3days to get through a movie if it doesn't hook her hard from the start, which Nobody did.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it's all just a plot for the newest Taran Tactical weapons line to come out to be a supporting player that they want us to buy. And it's taking longer than they thought it would.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I have enjoyed all the John Wick movies--lots of great muzzle flashes! I have to assume that a lot of the fireworks are computer-generated, though--I can't see where blanks would be safe in many of the scenes (such as where the muzzle is in actual contact with the victim).

flashguy

I purchased the triple JW movie pack on Apple TV and the behind the scenes stuff showed that all the firearms muzzle blasts were CGI. They did a great job.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not so fast my friend… Mad

I’ve got to say, this actually pisses me off a lot more than it probably should.

John Wick: Chapter 4’ Avoids ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Over Memorial Day And Heads To 2023

F-you Tom Cruise and your shitty Top Gun sequel that’s about 30 years too late.

Literally 30 years too late.

I just watched a trailer video on You Boob. It was for the coming 2021 films. Top Gun Maverick was in there and even in the trailer on there it said “coming June 2020”. LMAO. I don’t blame Cruise or anyone waiting for theaters, $, etc, when Cruise was so heavily involved. As long as the film is excellent I have no problem with the wait.

This is more of a Napster vs. the music industry type thing where the big Hollyweird studios just refuse to default and release on home media, make money, still turn a profit, but a reduced profit from theatrical release.

I just watched several films this week and I’m calling them Covid films. Half assed attempts (Matrix LBGTQ, Venom Carnage)of Hollywood just putting something out to make money but half assed films. I’m not big into SuperHo films at all but the first venom was surprising. The usual campy bullshit in SuperHo films does not draw a laugh but the first Venom did with Venom actually being the comedian of the film, calling Tom Hardy a pussy and such. This latest one was horrible. What a storyline, Venom bites that stoner Woody Harrelson and now he is an alien with more power. So stupid.

Sorry I came in and ruined y’all’s John Wick party (in Gump voice).

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
…and again, Keanu Reeves proves to be one of the best dudes around…

Keanu Reeves donated 70% of his ‘Matrix’ salary to cancer research

The patron saint of excellence does it again. Keanu Reeves donated a huge chunk of his earnings from the original “The Matrix” movie to cancer research, a new report claims. Reeves, 57, was reportedly paid $10 million upfront for the 1999 sci-fi flick, before earning a further $35 million when the movie became a box office blockbuster. According to Lad Bible, the actor donated 70% of the money — a whopping $31.5 million — to leukemia research. The cause was near and dear to Reeves’ heart, as his younger sister, Kim, had been battling the disease for eight years at the time he made the donation. Kim was diagnosed with the blood cancer in 1991, and spent a decade in and out of treatment before finally entering remission in 2001.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/qEVUtrk8_B4

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
It looks like it's going to be really good! I'm looking forward to it.

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Looks good! I'll probably go see this in a theater. Donnie Yen and Hiroyuki Sanada are in it, and I enjoy their work. Asia Kate Dillon is not in it. Glad for that, she was an odd and distracting fit in the last film.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Asia Kate Dillon is not in it. Glad for that, she was an odd and distracting fit in the last film.

I’m actually really surprised by this, the way 3 ended I thought she would’ve been a major player. I’m not disappointed that Halle Berry is not in this one, she was not my favorite character in the John Wick universe, it just seemed forced to me.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Looks good! I'll probably go see this in a theater. Donnie Yen and Hiroyuki Sanada are in it, and I enjoy their work. Asia Kate Dillon is not in it. Glad for that, she was an odd and distracting fit in the last film.

Yeah her character sucked, I really wanted to see her take a bullet, or be thrown off a roof, or kicked in the face by a horse, whatever

Looks like we finally get to see what the marker Winston handed him at the end of 2 was

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Asia Kate Dillon is not in it. Glad for that, she was an odd and distracting fit in the last film.

I’m actually really surprised by this, the way 3 ended I thought she would’ve been a major player.

Yeah, I definitely did also. The whole series has a lot of forced female characters, getting progressively more "badass." The only one in the first film besides the bartender and the deceased wife was Perkins, and she had kind of a snotty pain-in-the-ass vibe more than anything else. I doubt that they're pushing that trend to the side, but hopefully they're at least going to do it in a more convincing way. When I think female assassin, my mind goes straight to honeytrap/poisoner and not... well, a female version of John Wick. But whatever.

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Yeah her character sucked, I really wanted to see her [...] kicked in the face by a horse, whatever

Ok, I laughed hard. Big Grin

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I made the mistake of reading a spoiler thread and saw something I really really wish I had not seen. Avoid spoilers at all costs. You’ll understand when it happens.

What I am referring to has nothing to do with the fate of John Wick.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
I purchased tickets for Saturday night. Going clay shooting that day, then dinner & movies in the evening.

It'll be a great day. We're going to re-watch Part 3 this week.

All in on Donnie Yen! Cool

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1050 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
I have tickets to see it Saturday night -- in IMAX. I may be expecting a lot, but I'm confident it will deliver.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My 16-rd old son and I liked it.
No spoilers.
Obviously suspend your disbelief and enjoy it for what it is.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
BLUF: Go. Enjoy.

Just saw JW4.

It was a good chapter in the Wickiverse.

As Chowser said, suspend all knowledge of human anatomy, physiology, and the effects of trauma to the body, geography, physics, etc.

That said there were two spoilers for me.

First, Wick shot more than one guy with a pistol empty and locked open by the magazine. Or so it was my impression as the scene flashed by. Every movie has goofs and this is no exception.

Second, Jesus Christ guys, the chase through a Paris SUCKED!!!!! That routing was about a ten mile trip through the worst traffic in the city. Latin Quarter to Left Bank and the Arc de Triomphe to Rive Gauche to the Left Bank and on to Montmartre and Sacre Couer. Even on the Metro, that trip would take over an hour. I did, however, like the scene at the Trocadéro.

Lastly, they went to Paris but made no reference to Le Bataclan. An acknowledgement of that atrocity would have been a nice touch, if seemingly out of place.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
It was a three hour long cartoon.

The first couple of Wick movies, he was a sorta regular dude with some mad skills. Now, he can be shot 37,000 times, hit by 14 cars, fall down endless stairs minus Hannah Barberra sound effects, and fall from a 10 story building repeatedly. If I want to watch that, I’ll go see a Marvel movie. Wick was always a determined, skilled hit man. Now, he’s Thor.

The other thing was the first couple of movies had great gun handling. Between shooting people with empty guns and the 60 round capacity Pit Viper 21 round magazines……….meh.

I got bored after about the first hour. If there’s a Chapter 5, I won’t see it in theaters.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post