SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    John Wick - Chapter 4
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Wick - Chapter 4 Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Just watched 3 again, now I am really looking forward to 4!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I don’t know what other announcement this franchise could make that pleases me more than seeing Donnie Yen playing a character who is aligned with John Wick…

https://movieweb.com/john-wick...t-photos-donnie-yen/

Glad to hear this. Huge Donnie Yen fan and will watch just about anything he is in. He should've had more American made movies starring him than Jackie Chan and Jet Li back in the 90s and early 2000s, although I'm a fan of all 3. He's a better English speaker and I would've preferred his more aggressive style of fighting in films.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1050 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yen played a good character in the Star Wars movie Rogue One.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
We don't keep up with movies but scan the various offerings on UVerse from time to time. I happened to notice the second Wick movie and recorded it.

We enjoyed it so I tacked down 1 and 3. Actually, I think 3 recorded last night or will record tonight.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scott Adkins as well, looking forward to it!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
I like all the John Wick movies, sure looking forward to this one.

I am a huge fan… Huge! But the third one, it was almost too over the top, essentially matrix like.

I agree^ I liked the first two much better. Still anxious to see number IV though. . .

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 19tass:
quote:
I am a huge fan… Huge! But the third one, it was almost too over the top, essentially matrix like.

I agree^ I liked the first two much better. Still anxious to see number IV though. . .

I'm with you guys. In a number of ways, the third film was awful. Hopefully the fourth is less stupid, but I'm not going to hold my breath. The "gender nonbinary" Adjudicator was awful. If it's a whole film with her/it/"they" on screen, I'm going to beyond disappointed.

The scene with the knife throwing in the museum was entertaining, though. Have to admit that.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the rule with sequels. Higher body count and more over the top. But I must say, Keanu's gun handling just keeps getting better.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
That's the rule with sequels. Higher body count and more over the top. But I must say, Keanu's gun handling just keeps getting better.

One can do that when a leisure suit is a bulletproof protection up to 50BMG so effective that there isn't even a transference of energy.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love these movies and the fact that he trains like a MF is a huge plus. Way better than using stuntmen.

Posts: 141 | Location: Ma. | Registered: November 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn't the first one directed by his stuntman from the Matrix?

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I hope it never comes out that Reeves is not the “good dude” that he appears to be.

Keanu Reeves Bought Rolexes for Everyone on the ‘John Wick’ 4 Stunt Team

if we needed another reason to love Keanu Reeves. The beloved movie star celebrated wrapping John Wick: Chapter 4 by presenting the members of his stunt team with brand-new Rolex Submariners. He even personalized each of the elegant dive watches—a move befitting someone whose kindness and positive vibes have inspired countless memes,.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
Scott Adkins as well, looking forward to it!

I can't forgive him taking that cringe Wolf Warrior role

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We don't watch very much TV or movies because, in the words of the Mrs. "If I want to see stupid, I'll go to a family reunion".

Put John Wick 1 or Hunt for Red October on, she won't move from her seat.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
^*Spoiler Alert*^ A lot of people get shot and/or stabbed.

You don't say!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I liked one and two. 3 was good as well but two scenes were ridiculous. The Motorcycle scene on the bridge and the fall from the hotel. Other than that I enjoyed the movie especially finding out the origin of the assassins.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3865 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
The "gender nonbinary" Adjudicator was awful. If it's a whole film with her/it/"they" on screen, I'm going to beyond disappointed.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm35...io?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

But Asia Kate Dillon is the real deal!

"Asia Kate Dillon was born on November 15, 1984 in Ithaca, New York, USA. They are known for playing Brandy Epps in Orange Is the New Black (2013) and Taylor Mason in Billions (2016). Their role on Billions is the first gender non-binary character shown on American television. Dillon is non-binary and uses singular they pronouns. Dillon is also the founder and producing director of MIRROR/FIRE Productions."

My wife and I agree we don't like her character, "The Abjudicator", a little more each time we watch it again, and agree that the actress was well cast for the part:

a very scary, non-binary biatch.

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have enjoyed all the John Wick movies--lots of great muzzle flashes! I have to assume that a lot of the fireworks are computer-generated, though--I can't see where blanks would be safe in many of the scenes (such as where the muzzle is in actual contact with the victim).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
So , this comes out May 27.

The second Top Gun comes out May 27.

Looks like I’m eating lots of popcorn that weekend.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not so fast my friend… Mad

I’ve got to say, this actually pisses me off a lot more than it probably should.

John Wick: Chapter 4’ Avoids ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Over Memorial Day And Heads To 2023

F-you Tom Cruise and your shitty Top Gun sequel that’s about 30 years too late.

Literally 30 years too late.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ