SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    ‘They Shall Not Grow Old’ First Trailer: Peter Jackson Breathes New Life Into Century-Old WWI Footage
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

‘They Shall Not Grow Old’ First Trailer: Peter Jackson Breathes New Life Into Century-Old WWI Footage Login/Join 
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Took the family last night, only 8 people in the theater. But it was amazing. As a war history buff and college history major (including a course on the Great War), and as a War College graduate, this was a particular treat. Hoping the video comes out efore too long.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Took my wife and 17 yr old daughter and 12 year older old son. They all thought it was great as did I. My only comment is that there needs to be more - in the “making of” after the movie Peter Jackson talked about all the different footage he could have used. An amazing amount of work to put together, most excellent with a focus on the people and mundane things.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
the short after the credits is awesome.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I have seen it twice and I think I enjoyed it more the second time. But still my favorite quote is
"well when you have a few WWI artillery pieces, as you do . ." or something.

I loved it.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Saw it yesterday on the big screen and enjoyed it. The colorized scenes of the KIA were particularly haunting to me.

I too enjoyed the after the credits behind the scenes.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Saw it Friday, what a wonderful work of history.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can anyone suggest the 3D version over the standard? Its hard to find a good time to see the 3D but I'd like to if its worth it.

I wish this was in wider release and it seems like they'd sell plenty of tickets if they'd just put it out like a standard movie.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw it in 3d. I'm going to see it again in standard def on Tuesday. It's a really good movie and I enjoyed both the feature and Jackson's piece at the end. If you can see it in theatres I strongly recommend it.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I know this is an old thread. But I just saw thst this is now on Netflix.

[FLASH_VIDEO] <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IrabKK9Bhds" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>/FLASH_VIDEO]

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post