SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Shows/Movies that disturb you
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shows/Movies that disturb you Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
Are there any movies or shows on TV that disturb you on some level? Disturbed is a broad term, be a little specific. Personally, and I know this is stupid, the Walking Dead bothers me. It's not zombies, I think it's specifically family and an end of the world situation. I tried watching it when it first aired and stopped. Tried again years after and stopped. Just picked it up recently for a third time... maybe three times a charm! The Road bothered my equally. Just horribly sad to me.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7065 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
The X Files
I am as a prettt young kid when this show first aired and I remember an episode that had something to do with a red balloon leading people into bad situations. I don't remember the full details but something like a little kid followed a red balloon onto some railroad tracks and was hit by a train.
Out inside of the red balloon and train I do not remember the details and am not sure why as a kid this episode freaked me out so bad.
I am now a grown man and have added The X Files to my list on Netflix yet I still can't bring myself to watch it.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25674 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny you mention The Road... that's the first thing that came to mind.

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
I'm usually not bothered by anything in movies or TV, but there is one scene in Saving Private Ryan that bothered me. It was the scene towards the end of the movie where the German solider kills Mellish. That's very hard to watch.

Posts: 1701 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmparrish:
I'm usually not bothered by anything in movies or TV, but there is one scene in Saving Private Ryan that bothered me. It was the scene towards the end of the movie where the German solider kills Mellish. That's very hard to watch.

Definitely agree with this one. I had to watch the movie several times before I could "get over" that scene. It still bothers me, just not as much as before.

Posts: 572 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
When my kids were little - Teletubbies disturbed me quite a bit...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The scene in Downfall when the Goebbels children are poisoned. I have to fast forward through that part.

Also the actress playing Magda Goebbels reminds me of Hillary Clinton.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
The movie I can't watch is Black Hawk Down. What happened to our servicemen makes me both heartsick and mad.

Posts: 2692 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a fan of movies that mix comedy with graphic violence. I think the two are incompatible. Goodfellas comes to mind .

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I am sure there are a few more, but the film that disturbed me most was Requiem for a Dream. Pretty rough stuff.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10571 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Lone Survivor, watched it once. Great story about some real heroes. I can't watch it again.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I can't Frown watch shows where dogs are hurt.

Posts: 23195 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Sybil

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1916 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I would agree on 3 movies already mentioned:

The Road
Blackhawk Down
Lone Survivor

All are great movies, but difficult to watch.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmparrish:

Agreed.
In fact, I could only watch SPR once all the way through, and I just avoid seeing it now.
Just too empathetic with the soldiers in that one.

Fury is the same for me. Once was enough.

Posts: 7506 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Requiem for a Dream

Yep. Good movie, but I have no desire to see it again.

Posts: 33038 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I agree on the scene from SPR. Very tough to watch.

For me what immediately came to mind was the TV series "Sons of Anarchy". I simply could not get interested in the show as I didn't care for the criminal characters. Most of them scumbags.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Shows that blatantly push their social engineering agenda bullshit are the ones that disturb me. Click.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
These Final Hours.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14146 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'll add Open Water to this list. Utterly depressing.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5524 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post