SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Shows/Movies that disturb you
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shows/Movies that disturb you Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Any commercial from the ASPCA. I just can't watch them. I hit "previous" on the remote as soon as they come on even if I have to run in from the other room. Seeing what people do to animals just kills me.

God put man at the top of the food chain so we could sustain ourselves and advance as a race; not so we could abuse those creatures below us.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
I can generally do without demon clowns/dolls/children. The Grudge and the Ring come to mind.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
@ LastCubScout... honestly I'm not sure why I keep trying to watch The Walking Dead. I'm sitting here watching the episode when Rick's little boy gets shot and can't answer that. It draws me in, I'm tired of watching cartoons (little girl), there's nothing else on TV I watch but FOX news...but it really bums me out too. I suspect I'll quit again.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7065 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The movie Seven.

The Road was pretty disturbing.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like to watch the ID channel & forensic files. The second a case shows up involving children, I turn the channel. Cannot stomach bad things happening to kids. I am glad homicde detectives can do that job!

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Clockwork Orange
The Road (though the book was much stronger)
Jacob's Ladder

Posts: 2377 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Snuff films.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I second "Schindler's List" and "Saving Private Ryan"; once was enough for each. I'll add "Criminal Minds"; just too much gruesome evil depicted.
I have to agree about the ASPCA commercials, as well.
Some of the "Forensic Files" episodes as well.

Posts: 344 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravens1775:
I can generally do without demon clowns/dolls/children. The Grudge and the Ring come to mind.

Dolls, especially china dolls, creep me out like few things. There's a horror movie about a possessed china doll, Annabelle, that I flat out refuse to watch. I won't even look at the trailer or promo pics.

*shudders*

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Criminal Minds. Every time I give an episode a try on cable it creeps me out. Especially when kids are the victims.

Posts: 841 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If your gonna be a
Bear, be a Grizzly.
Picture of sigfanbob229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Syngin1066:
Any time the Mrs watches the real housewives of wherever....

Huge +10000 on this

My wife is a very smart woman, but for the life of me, I can not understand why she watches them. If I am in the room for more than 30 seconds with one, I want to shove screwdrivers in my ears.

Posts: 1140 | Location: Smithville, Missouri | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I'll add Braveheart to the list...I enjoy most of the movie but I can't watch the end when Wallace is tortured before being killed...I guess it's because he made the choice not to submit and ask for mercy and die quickly. It really got to me.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, Braveheart torture scene and The Deer Hunter for me as well. The first for the "physicality" of the scene and the second for the psychological affects.

Posts: 828 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
The X Files
I am as a prettt young kid when this show first aired and I remember an episode that had something to do with a red balloon leading people into bad situations. I don't remember the full details but something like a little kid followed a red balloon onto some railroad tracks and was hit by a train.
Out inside of the red balloon and train I do not remember the details and am not sure why as a kid this episode freaked me out so bad.
I am now a grown man and have added The X Files to my list on Netflix yet I still can't bring myself to watch it.

That episode is titled "The Calusari." Wikipedia has an entry about it if you want to refresh your memory.

Horror/"gorno" disturbs me. Stuff like "A Serbian Film" I refuse to watch.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16227 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Apocalypse Now on a couple levels

Posts: 13565 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Game of Thrones has taken images of disturbing brutality, casual viciousness and every form of human vice and madness to very nearly an art form.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravens1775:

^ I remember the first time I saw the trailer for Annabelle. I freaked out seeing the doll.

I recently reviewed The Circle but only got one reply to it. But the potential in real life shown in that movie scares me a lot.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18091 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tdp113530:
No "two girls and a cup"?

I don't think I've seen that one. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7651 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I love Pulp Fiction but the scene in the basement of the pawn shop is pretty disturbing to me. Human depravity to the extreme.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I actually like war movies because they show heroic, selfless actions, and I think everyone should watch Schindler's List at least once just to understand the level of inhumanity man is capable of.

I can't stand suicide scenes. I have known two people who have done it and depictions of it really bother me.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6130 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post