SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movies you can watch over and over.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Movies you can watch over and over. Login/Join 
Member
Picture of TigerDore
posted
There are some movies that I have never gotten tired of watching. I do limit the rewatching for fear of burning out, but I cannot get enough of these(my bride has the same selection, so I am a lucky guy).

Here is my list. I know I have watched each of these no less than six times, and I am sure that is a very conservative estimate, what are yours?

In no particular order:

Hard Times (1975)- This is my favorite Charles Bronson movie. I think it was the inspiration for Eastwood's Every Which way but Loose, but more believable.

The Quiet Man (1953) - John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara were amazing in this movie; the Irish countryside, and the Irish people, were perfect. This one was such a favorite, that we had to create a vacation to Ireland, and the town in which this was filmed; it didn't disappoint.

Casablanca (1942)- The quintessential Bogart film. Bogie established himself as the embodiment of cool in this film. And the purely unselfish "think of the world first" ending was the spirit of the Greatest Generation. I have read that the first 007 flick with Connery introduced the "hand first" camera introduction of the star, but the intro of Bogie here beats Bond by 20 years.

Very poignant: Casablanca was filmed very early in the war, when we had no idea whether we would prevail against evil. The tears in the eyes of French actress Madeleine Lebeau as she was singing the French National Anthem were, I am sure, more real than acting.

Best of all, Casablanca was never expected to be such an iconic classic. It was a limited budget film, shot on the Warner Bros back lot in 6 weeks. It is serious film, but chocked full of deadpan, sarcastic humor that turns this drama into magic.

A Christmas Carol (1984)- People vary on which version of this classic is the best, but George C. Scott makes this my favorite. It isn't Christmas until I have seen this movie.

Support Your Local Sheriff (1969)- James Garner is James Garner; only he could make this movie.

Sabrina, both the 1954(Bogart, Hepburn and Holden) and 1995 (Ford, Ormond and Kinnear) versions.

It's a Wonderful Life (1946). I love the message, and it never gets old.

The Mechanic (1972)- Quintessential Bronson.

Trading Places (1983) -Eddie Murphy is awesome.

Rocky 1, 2 and 3.

Big Jake (1971)

McLintock! (1963)

African Queen (1951)

Animal House (1978)



.
 
Posts: 10280 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Agree with many of the above. Especially Casablanca.

No time right now, will probably add more later. Off the cuff:
Okuribito
Remember the Titans
Casino Royale (Craig)
Life is Beautiful
Raiders of the Lost Ark (first one only)




"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
 
Posts: 15129 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
When I find myself with nothing to watch, I usually watch The Hobbit trilogy, followed by The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I go though both in a couple of days when I'm in the shop building rifles. Its playing in the background when I work.

I frequently return to Conan the Barbarian, The Last of the Mohicans, Lawrence of Arabia, Hostiles, Oh Brother Where Art Thou, Tropic Thunder, The Big Lebowski, Blackhawk Down, The French Dispatch, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Pulp Fiction, Kill BIll.

I enjoy The Pacific, Band of Brothers, and more recently Deadwood.

If you haven't checked out the new Pathe versions of Count of Monte Cristo and The Three Musketeers, I highly recommend them. I don't watch them as much as I'd like because I have to watch in French and use subtitles, but if I had more time, I'd watch these two regularly.

Tony.


Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com
 
Posts: 6035 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
any Connery, Craig or Lazenby Bond movie

Hunt for Red October

Big Lebowski

O Brother Where Art Thou

Dune, either version

Blade Runner, both

Gladiator

most of the Star Trek Movies,

Star Wars 4/5/6, which for me are the first 3 movies, flawed but still watch them


Red Dawn

Run Silent Run Deep

Layer Cake, about due for another watch


and a few others



https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/
 
Posts: 11556 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Top Gun

Fast Times At Ridgemont High

Airplane!


________________________________________________________
It is long past time for a Convention of States. The Founding Fathers gave us this tool to fix an out of control government and we need to use it.
 
Posts: 23110 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ghostbusters
Raiders of The Lost Ark / Last Crusade
Big Trouble in Little China
The Blues Brothers
They Live
Hudson Hawk (Don't judge me! Big Grin)
Kelly's Heroes
Where Eagles Dare

I have a lot but those are some of the main ones.


Take Care, Shoot Safe,
Chris
 
Posts: 8783 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of heydrich
posted Hide Post
The Great Race
Amadeus
Waiting
Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates
Hot Tube Time Machine


“I'm fat because every time I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Is committed to helping increasing carbon emissions.
 
Posts: 712 | Location: The Other Side of Morning  | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Casablanca
The Searchers


--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18
 
Posts: 10113 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Beverly Hills Cop (#1 only)
The Untouchables
 
Posts: 2140 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
High Noon
The Godfather
Casablanca
Office Space
Falling Down



十人十色
 
Posts: 2136 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
A lot of the above. Add The Magnificent Seven (both).
 
Posts: 61 | Registered: June 15, 2025Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loaded Round:
Beverly Hills Cop (#1 only)
The Untouchables

To which I’ll add:
Jeremiah Johnson
Josey Wales
Shane
The Godfather
A Few Good Men
Ronin
Absence of Malice
Conagher
First Blood
WarGames
Overboard
Wind River
The Cowboys
Any of the three Equalizer movies


_______________________________________________________
despite them
 
Posts: 14943 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
To Kill A Mockingbird
The Godfather
The Elephant Man
Blazing Saddles
Alien
The original Star Wars
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
The Magnificent Seven
Blade Runner
Cool Hand Luke
The Great Escape
 
Posts: 6111 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
The Thing. Kurt Russell version of course.
Dawn of the Dead (2004 remake)
Mad Max Fury Road
 
Posts: 4777 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Last Of The Mohicans
Guardians of The Galaxy I and/or II
Thor - Rangorok
Blues Brothers
Animal House
Kelly's Heros
The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
Star Wars IV
Blazing Saddles
Young Frankenstein






Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.



"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...



 
Posts: 15033 | Location: It was CA., Now it's "FREEEEEEDOM!!" (TN) | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
several already mentioned so i will just add one that was not yet - My Cousin Vinnie.

Never gets old!
 
Posts: 615 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Most of the ones already mentioned, to which I'll add:
Rio Bravo
Christmas Vacation
The Bob Hope "Road" movies (Road to Rio, etc.)
 
Posts: 1404 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of ch23701
posted Hide Post
Like Mr.9mm said most of them have been spoken for, but I’ll add:
Once Upon a Time in the West
The Terminator also Terminator Dark Fate
The Predator
The Outlaw Josie Wales
The first 2 Dírty Harry movies
The Revenant
Sicario (either one)
Ben Hur

Might be more I’ll have to give this one some more thought.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ch23701,
 
Posts: 335 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: September 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Young Frankenstein.

0-0


"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20
 
Posts: 12531 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Young Frankenstein.

0-0


It’s pronounced frankensteeeen. Smile


Take Care, Shoot Safe,
Chris
 
Posts: 8783 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movies you can watch over and over.

© SIGforum 2026