SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Magnum P.I. REBOOT *airs tonight 9-24-18*
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magnum P.I. REBOOT *airs tonight 9-24-18* Login/Join 
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
^^^^
Interesting! Now you've put me in a pickle...invest the effort in getting on board and following this reboot, or wait for more reviews and possibly fall behind on a series that might have some potential when my TV time is very limited...

...thanks for following up!

You're welcome! I'd give it a go if I were you.

Posts: 1694 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2/3's of the original Magnum's appeal is that he wasn't a super hero , know it all, elite tactical expert. Roll Eyes

this new show is more like America's greatest hero ,
needs to be a lot more like Rockford File's

will be skipping this
but I am sure the young'un's will love it

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Bendable, that's a great summary of both editions, and I like your comparisons.

I was never a fan of the original, and not at all likely to enjoy this reboot, but I did like Rockford Files. The characterization of a retired SEAL as a lazy loser just never cut it with me.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
saw the original series

I bought my first Ferrari because of Magnum PI

also took helicopter lessons because of TC

don't need to see a thin shell of a remake

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw the first 3 episodes. It's good enough to watch and stay interested with it. It's kind of odd in a way, as you're so used to the original characters and how they looked and acted etc. That when you watch the new one, all of the original characters are there but with different actors. We'll see how it pans out, but it's better than most modern tv series lately. I wouldn't say it's awesome, but good.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I tried to watch the 2nd episode last night,

could not get thru it,

done, I am

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I've made it through 3 episodes so far. I find it to be be fairly awful. Almost nothing good to say about it.

I don't recall watching the original as a teen, so nothing to compare it to, but the reboot is just plain bad on its own.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Couldn't make it through an episode...
maybe I'll give it another chance..

Can't hollyweird come up with anything original?

Everything is a remake...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I'll watch the episode in which the new Higgins falls for Lady Wilkerson, the Duchess of Witt. Until then, no.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post