SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anime fans should check local listings:
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Anime fans should check local listings: Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
I found out that a theater near me is showing the 4k Akira today and Ghost in the Shell tomorrow. I have no idea if this is a wide offering or if there were/are other titles.



"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
 
Posts: 18556 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Cinemark does this. We watched Akira recently which is fitting because we just rescued a dog named Akira.



Not minority enough!
 
Posts: 8805 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
A big issue I have with remastered release is they all had to "update" the sound effects and even re-dub the dialogs. It's very jarring for those of us who saw the original and have it imprinted in our minds. Snaps me right out of that feeling of nostalgia. Frown
 
Posts: 3042 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
This was on my to-do but I’ve been sick all week.


--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844
 
Posts: 2633 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Just got home from watching Ghost in the Shell with a co-worker who'd never seen it. We were both disappointed that it was dubbed but it was nice to see it on the big screen. I originally saw it at an animation convention back in the late '90s and a few times on VHS/DVD.

I'm now determined to keep my eye out for more anime offerings in the theater.



"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
 
Posts: 18556 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
I was able to catch the newly released Gundam Hathaway 2 at my local theater back in May, presented in my preferred original Japanese dub with subtitles.

Fathom has regular showings at your local theaters in both English and Japanese dubs, though they're mostly the family oriented kind, usually from Studio Ghibli.
 
Posts: 3042 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anime fans should check local listings:

© SIGforum 2026