SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The return of the best show for cooks, ever
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The return of the best show for cooks, ever Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
As Alton Brown pointed out many years ago, Good Eats is a show for cooks, not a cooking show, and now, it's back.

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yes!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Very excited to see this. And as a plus he’s an H&K guy.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it! I wasn't much of a cook or Food Network fan the first time it was on...now I am. Cool

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I have enjoyed his show and the interesting history and food facts he would share but we tried a few of his recipes but we found them to be a little bland. That said, a very entertaining show and I wish Lucky Yates been able to take part in this first season.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by detroit192:
I should have posted this yesterday. It is the entire premier episode. But you can still see a new episode Sunday, there will be a second one after this one on TV.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/5kg6regArFY

And a lawyer caution video for the episode.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/mGHQA_tfbUQnnn

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Graham Kerr, the Galloping Gourmet. That was entertaining. And boy does that date me.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1375 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
Cool. I always watched Good Eats when I had satellite TV. Wonder if it's available to cord cutters?

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
chicken parm looked good!

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Nice to see so many of the original cast members will be back.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Very happy to see this. I use a lot of his recipes as a base to start with and have learned a ton from his show

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
if he ever tours (he does live shows) in your area, I highly recommend going

he does a great show, and is hilarious

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent. I learned quite a bit from his original show and book.
Surprised Brown hasn't left to one of the streaming services and got his own gig going, must be getting compensated enormously to stay with Food Network as he's one of the remaining notable cooking hosts of note as most have refused to work with that network.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
Graham Kerr, the Galloping Gourmet. That was entertaining. And boy does that date me.
I know EXACTLY who that is and grew up watching him in the afternoon instead of cartoons! His knife skills were AMAZING to a young lad of 8 or 9. Big Grin

Alton Brown has ALWAYS been one of my favorite chefs since I saw his first run of "Good Eats". There was a guy that won the Food Network Star competition that was supposed to do something like an Altonesque Good Eats show. I guess it never panned out or maybe Food Network found his style off-putting after they named him the winner. He was a little...mmmmm...odd, shall I say.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
he's one of the remaining notable cooking hosts of note as most have refused to work with that network.

Alton joked (?) that he should do a food show visiting only places that Guy Fieri hasn't been.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
He's no Bobby Flay but ought to be good.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
He's no Bobby Flay but ought to be good.
Surely, you jest.

I've been watching Beat Bobby Flay and it's so frustrating, because no one in all of the show has ever laid a hand on that conceited douchebag. They're takin' forever to get to it and I'm just about fed up (pun intended). Kick his ass already!

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
"Bobby Flay is a tampon". My friend said that some years ago. I think that his wife auditioned for a home cooking show.

Flay got flayed per this old thread...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4940001134

Regarding Alton, I like his style but have not yet made one of his recipes.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shiftyvtec:
Cool. I always watched Good Eats when I had satellite TV. Wonder if it's available to cord cutters?

I'm looking too but so far no joy. That said I think some of the Roku free channels will have the shows once they age some. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I’m glad to see Alton got his show back. He’s entertaining while he educates about the science of cooking and you walk away with a better understanding of what’s actually happening with his recipes compared to most other cooking shows. Good for him, I’ll be following him as best I can.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post