SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What Is Your Favorite "Series"
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Is Your Favorite "Series" Login/Join 
posted
Someone asked me the other day, "What is the best series you've seen?". Not an easy answer, as I have several favorites, but I gave him these as my "top" favorites.

Justified
Deadwood
The Wire

There are several others I've enjoyed over the years including Yellowstone, The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter and Six Feet Under to name just a few.

What do others on the forum consider their "top" choices and "must watch" recommendations.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 810 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Hill Street Blues was a 'can't miss' for me back in the day, Seinfeld and Survivorman, until he went Bigfoot nuts.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Check my CUT. While LOST was far from unflawed as a television show, I found it the most engaging and thought-provoking series of all time for me. It beat out the original Star Trek series, and the original Magnum P.I. (both my parents are from Hawaii. Maybe it's strange that two of my favorites were both filmed there).

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16251 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Sopranos tops my list. Followed by the Wire, and True Detective, (although some seasons where much better then others) I like "gansta stuff and crime solving series. "shoot em up" series where it's non stop tires me out as does those where there's a women who consistently beats the hell out of 10 250 LB males.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
I'm a Mad Men man.

Posts: 3487 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Law and Order, particulary all 274 episodes with Jerry Orbach and of those, the ones with Chris Noth were the best IMHO. Preferred Michael Moriarty to Sam Waterson as the senior ADA.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3431 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Chuck
Psych
Monk
Night Court
Little House on the Prairie (don't judge, it's wholesome)

Posts: 45323 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
True Detective S1 is the best thing I've ever watched on TV.

The Wire and Sopranos hop back and forth as #2 and #3 for me. And they're the best multi-season shows. Justified rounds out the top 3 for me.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10465 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
I'm a Mad Men man.

Oh yes I forgot this one. I was in corporate business in the mid late 60's and although a lot was exaugurated in the series, a lot of it rung true. Not everyone had a mini bar in their office, but we had a closest full of all sorts of liquors that came out on special occasions. Good god, you couldn't get away with that these days.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Mad Men

Firefly

Battlestar Galactica reboot

ST: DS9

Dexter

Breaking Bad

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Wire. Dated now, but it was the best series I ever saw by far.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Not counting past network TV shows (a whole other thread), just cable series.

Breaking Bad followed closely by The Sopranos, then the first two seasons of True Detective.

Honorable mentions- Justified, Deadwood, the 1st season of Fargo, Better Call Saul.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16606 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
I'm a Mad Men man.

Oh yes I forgot this one. I was in corporate business in the mid late 60's and although a lot was exaugurated in the series, a lot of it rung true. Not everyone had a mini bar in their office, but we had a closest full of all sorts of liquors that came out on special occasions. Good god, you couldn't get away with that these days.

We have an office liquor cabinet that gets cracked open a few times a month. And beer on the fridge. I actually think this is fairly common.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10465 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I’m still frustrated that NBC has not put Homicide, Life on the Streets on any streaming platforms.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12301 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I would have to say Justifed. I'm glad I watched it about 6 times before they started charging money for it.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Banshee
Strike Back
Justified

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Breaking bad

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1367 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33573 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
I'm a Mad Men man.

A medical electronics firm I worked for in the mid 70s to early 80s brought out the liquor at 2PM every Friday.

Beer and pre mixed cocktails.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Soap
Barney Miller
Breaking Bad
Sopranos

Posts: 5690 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post