Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tulsa King Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
I watched two episodes last night. I thought it was pretty good. I'm not a big Stallone fan but he has grown on me and I'll watch the series in full. I watch it on Paramount +.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I watched the first episode Friday night and liked it way more than I was expecting to. Looks like I'll be adding this to the watchlist.

Question: was Stallone wearing some sort of dentures or mouth device that makes him speak that way? Seems like he almost speaks with a slight lisp now and I don't ever recall hearing that.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
I'll have to check it out tonight. I am hard of hearing and I do miss a lot of dialogue. I should start wearing my headphones more while watching TV.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I think it’s dentures.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Since they only show the preview 87 times through each episode of Yellowstone, I feel like I've seen Tulsa King already.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
First episode was entertaining. For some reason it makes me think of Lilyhammer.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
It seemed a bit cheesy, but it was ok. We only watched the first episode.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I was entertained on episode one.
So far I like it.
Worth a watch.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I watched the first episode Friday night and liked it way more than I was expecting to. Looks like I'll be adding this to the watchlist.

Question: was Stallone wearing some sort of dentures or mouth device that makes him speak that way? Seems like he almost speaks with a slight lisp now and I don't ever recall hearing that.

Stallone has always had a speech impediment, it is a result of when he was born the doctor severed a nerve in his face using tongs or forceps to pull him out during birth. Sofar I like the series, sorta Breaking Bad meets Sopraonos meet Yellowstone.

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
First episode was entertaining. For some reason it makes me think of Lilyhammer.

That was my exact same thought.

Living the Dream

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Watched EP 1 and 2. Definitely in for this. Some “typical” but I like mob stuff and like Sly. Watching him not even get to the hotel and start shaking down the dispensary was pretty funny.

I get Paramount for like $2 a month because I wanted Showtime so this combo meal works. I didn’t even know Yellowstone was on this platform until yesterday. Top Gun Maverick will be streaming from P+ in December even though I have the 4k disc.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
All of the Sound Stage work (inside filming) was done in Oklahoma City at Prairie Surf Studios (the former Cox Center downtown, also known as the Myriad), and many of the outside works was done around OKC and the OKC Stockyards.

And, of course, quite a lot was shot in Tulsa (88 miles away).

The lady who sometimes cuts my hair has her shop in the OKC Stockyards, and one day Sylvester just wandered in and wanted to see her shop. She has quite a Western Cowboy theme. She has a pic of him standing with her by one of her barber chairs. Apparently Stallone wandered around quite a bit, rumored to be just scouting out interesting places that would make a good place to shoot screens. Word I got was that he was very nice and personable as well was courteous and cordial. Can't beat that.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I am enjoying it.
Light humor with a little drama.
Has potential, and I like the bartender.

The only gripe I have is burying a 40 minute episode in 30 minutes of commercials.
Mad

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
I am enjoying it.
Light humor with a little drama.
Has potential, and I like the bartender.

The only gripe I have is burying a 40 minute episode in 30 minutes of commercials.
Mad

That sucks. I have the commercial free version Razz

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Binge-watched the whole season in one session. It's really good. Of course, I'm sure it's nothing like how things go in the Mafia, marijuana business, or ATF.

I got a good laugh in the season finale, when they're hacking into the biker's Cayman islands accounts:
"How did you learn all this shit?"
"I spent five years in an Internet startup."

It's a referal to the five year run of Silicon Valley.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I got a good laugh in the season finale, when they're hacking into the biker's Cayman islands accounts:
"How did you learn all this shit?"
"I spent five years in an Internet startup."

It's a referal to the five year run of Silicon Valley.

I chuckled at that too. It was a classic nod over. I did not check if any of the executives or production crew was involved in both.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Well done show. Stallone's mannerisms and they way he carried himself really reminded me of some guys I knew who were (allegedly) in OC.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I finished last night and liked the series

The use of "In the air tonight" to me was way out of place. It ONLY belongs on Miami Vice. Period!

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
The use of "In the air tonight" to me was way out of place. It ONLY belongs on Miami Vice. Period!

LOL, I was startled by that too. That song forever belongs to Miami Vice. I guess the Tulsa King show runners don't think there are enough of us still around who remember Miami Vice.

Posts: 1265 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the show and thought Stallone did a great job in it.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post