SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Loki Discussion Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loki Discussion Thread Login/Join 
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I'll be the one... I've watched the first two episodes and found them entertaining. But something is nagging at me. Something rings hollow. Can't put my finger on it but that's what I'm feeling.

It seems to me there is something about the TVA that hasn't been revealed yet. My theory is that the 3 'time lizzards' (who supposedly control all of time) either don't exist or are somebody else entirely. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Possible spoiler

Kang

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8011 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Possible spoiler

Kang

Heard rumors he would be the focus in the next Avengers/Ant-man/Quantum Realm, so it wouldn't shock me.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Fans have pointed out that Ms. Minutes has 16 tick marks on her clock face instead of 12 but no one knows if it’s artistic license or a hint of something.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Well, it's now Rick and Morty.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Well, it's now Rick and Morty.

Yeah, Ep3 was a bit of a letdown after the first two. More of a character development/therapy session, and long one-take fighting scene at the end seemed pretty useless in the context of the story.

Another thing that I noticed is that the time doorways seem to work like the elevator doors on the old Star Trek, staying open if needed for the scene. Usually the doorway forms, people immediately come through, and then the doorway immediately disappears. At the new of ep2, and carried over to the beginning of ep3, the doorway opens, character goes through, and then the doorway sits there open for a long time while another character decides whether to go through or not.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Well fuck Disney and their woke shit!

‘Loki’ Comes Out as Bisexual in Disney+ Series, Becoming Marvel’s First Major LGBTQ Lead Character

https://www.breitbart.com/ente...gbtq-lead-character/

The third episode of the Disney+ series Loki has confirmed that actor Tom Hiddleston’s Norse God is the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s first bisexual lead character.

In an early scene of the third episode of the series, Loki (Hiddleston) is talking with Lady Loki (Sophia Di Martino) — a female version of himself from another time — when the subject of loves gained and lost comes up.

Over drinks, Lady Loki asks whether Loki — who is an Asgardian prince — had ever found love, with a “would-be princesses, or perhaps another prince?”

“A bit of both. I suspect the same as you” Loki says with a wry grin.

This confirms the earlier hint doled out by Disney in an promo that intimated that Loki was “gender fluid.”

After the episode premiered on Disney+, series director Kate Herron took to Twitter and admitted that she aimed to include Loki’s sexual proclivities in the series from the beginning.

“From the moment I joined Loki it was very important to me, and my goal, to acknowledge Loki was bisexual,” Herron tweeted on Wednesday. “It is a part of who he is and who I am too. I know this is a small step but I’m happy, and heart is so full, to say that this is now canon in [the] MCU.”

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still enjoying the show, but the absence of TVA, to me, and the running chirping and bonding between Loki and Sylvie started to wear thin.

As for Loki being bisexual, per TVA, his gender is listed as "variable" and given his extreme flamboyance and hedonistic tendencies, which were addressed in that episode, his "a bit of both" response was meh to me, and if anything, not shocking. It certainly will not put me off the show unless they go nuts with it. I tend to doubt it will be an issue in at least this short series, but they might do more with it in the next run of episodes, so it might get tiresome quickly.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Sorry but with the narrative contaminated like this, there is no way I can enjoy the show. Blocking this shit out mentally simply doesn't work for me.

These assholes insist on injecting their bullshit woke and LGBTQ in everything. A pox on their houses!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Dude, relax. He was this way in the comics. He even became a horse and gave birth to a six-legged horse.

It's a story.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
Dude, relax. He was this way in the comics. He even became a horse and gave birth to a six-legged horse.

It's a story.

Yes, while this "revelation" is being done to death and absolutely forced down everyone's gullet for quite some time, in this particular case, it does NOT seem forced and I won't let it ruin the show for me. Unless they go nuts with it, which IS a possibility.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the biggest problem is everyone making a big deal about it. Article after article about how this is some watershed moment in gay representation on TV. It’s tiring. If there wasn’t all this press about it, no one would care. People would just watch the show, hear the line, shrug their shoulders and move on.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yeah it's a story. But also propaganda too especially, as has been pointed out, with the corrupt MSM spewing accolades left and further left.

I'm too old to put up with this shit!

Oh BTW I don't read comics in my old age. And Shaql, don't call me "Dude!" Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Sweet

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Personally, I think this was exactly the right way to handle the matter. It's a non-issue for the story, and they treated it as such. As opposed to a two episode special where he grapples with his feelings, and then changes his costume to rainbow colors. Roll Eyes

It went right past me and that's exactly what it should do.

Back to the story?... So my son theorizes that he IS under her spell, but because he has a strong mind, she is playing him an alternate story where they collaborate in a sub-fictional story in order to get what she needs from him.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah it's a story. But also propaganda too especially, as has been pointed out, with the corrupt MSM spewing accolades left and further left.

I'm too old to put up with this shit!

Oh BTW I don't read comics in my old age. And Shaql, don't call me "Dude!" Big Grin

It is propaganda and I'm not using my money to support it. Saves me the Disney+ money I was going to pay.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Why must socio-politics find every thread? It was a 9 seconds veiled reference within one episode. Let it go. Roll Eyes

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
It was a 9 seconds veiled reference within one episode. Let it go. Roll Eyes

Not me! Give these wackjobs an inch and they'll try for a mile. Fuck 'em!

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
It was a 9 seconds veiled reference within one episode. Let it go. Roll Eyes

Not me! Give these wackjobs an inch and they'll try for a mile. Fuck 'em!

Ok, don't let it go. Grrr' Fuck em.

Though again, this very small momentary reference IS within character for Loki. So while you can keep your $7.99, I suggest that perhaps we don't need to go deep into the woke culture war in this thread.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why must socio-politics find every thread? It was a 9 seconds veiled reference within one episode. Let it go. Roll Eyes

Probably because the left pushes their ideology into everything to normalize it and destroy our society. Many of us being done with their propaganda shouldn't bother you as you continue to enjoy it.