SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Loki Discussion Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Loki Discussion Thread Login/Join 
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
I think they’re all Lokis. I think the black man with the hammer is from a timeline where Loki got the hammer instead of Thor.


That is how I interpret it. Thor wasn't born with Mjölnir. I think a Loki with Mjölnir would be AWESOME ( It also implies Loki to be 'worthy'). . .



Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher
 
Posts: 21275 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Don't know if anybody is still following this, but I watched the last episode last night.

The longer this show went on, the less interested I became. The ending had a huge sequel hook, and apparently they are doing a Season 2. However, I don't really care.

Without spoiling anything, I just don't understand the last episode. There was a lot of monologuing and a lot of exposition, which was probably necessary, but the end result left me saying out loud "I don't get it."

Now, I'm in my 50s. My adult nephew (30) loved it, so maybe it's a generational thing. For me, I don't really care if I ever watch the show again.

WandaVision was MUCH better, and I even enjoyed Falcon/Winter Soldier better. At least, both of those had pretty solid and understandable endings, even though Falcon went full 'woke' over the mental anguish over the poor widdle dead terrorist (who, unlike what the show would have us believe, was NOT an admirable or morally defensible character).

This one, even with TWO Lokis (both of whom are good actors) just left me with a giant 'meh.'. .



Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher
 
Posts: 21275 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I believe this was a setup for Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness in which Wanda and Dr Strange will be the main characters.

Was the guy in this episode a version of Kang the Conquerer maybe?


Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-01 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com
 
Posts: 4461 | Location: USA | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Don't know if anybody is still following this, but I watched the last episode last night.

The longer this show went on, the less interested I became. The ending had a huge sequel hook, and apparently they are doing a Season 2. However, I don't really care.

Without spoiling anything, I just don't understand the last episode. There was a lot of monologuing and a lot of exposition, which was probably necessary, but the end result left me saying out loud "I don't get it."

Now, I'm in my 50s. My adult nephew (30) loved it, so maybe it's a generational thing. For me, I don't really care if I ever watch the show again.

WandaVision was MUCH better, and I even enjoyed Falcon/Winter Soldier better. At least, both of those had pretty solid and understandable endings, even though Falcon went full 'woke' over the mental anguish over the poor widdle dead terrorist (who, unlike what the show would have us believe, was NOT an admirable or morally defensible character).

This one, even with TWO Lokis (both of whom are good actors) just left me with a giant 'meh.'. .


Have to agree. When it became more of a love story instead of the buddy cop show it started as and with episode 5 being mostly a festival for nerds to geek out to all of the references, I lost a lot of interest. The Sylvie/Loki dynamic was a lot less interesting than the Loki/Moebius dynamic. I was hoping that the finale would be better, but it turned out to be a talky exposition dump that mostly set up future things instead of being a definitive ending.

I did think that the actor who played He Who Remains did a very good job, though.
 
Posts: 2492 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

Was the guy in this episode a version of Kang the Conquerer maybe?


I don't think so, but I also have no idea who Kang is (besides a Klingon from Star Trek: The Original Series). . .

quote:
I did think that the actor who played He Who Remains did a very good job, though.


Yeah, I didn't understand him, but he was a good character.

I also liked to see the shady/shifty side of Miss Minutes.



Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher
 
Posts: 21275 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
I believe this was a setup for Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness in which Wanda and Dr Strange will be the main characters.

Was the guy in this episode a version of Kang the Conquerer maybe?


Yep.

The casting itself and the story he tells points to it.

Kinda wonder though what Loki season 2 will entail..."The adventures of the random TVA analyst once known as Loki"?
 
Posts: 162 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I do not make the laws,
I balance the scales
Picture of RiCoShea
posted Hide Post
the guy was a version of Kang. The version of Kang who won the timeline wars.... Tom Hiddleston got blasted into a branch where the TVA only has 1 Time Ruler.... it was always during the show shown as 3 Rulers...

This sets up, as others have said, Dr. Strange's new movie, the x-men finally being a Marvel product and the new Spiderman movie coming out.





The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them. -
Lois McMaster Bujold

"Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance."
--Sam Brown
 
Posts: 374 | Location: On the corner of "No" and "Where" | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I don’t pretend to understand any of it or care much. It’s something my 12yo son and I can watch together so that’s good enough. Once in awhile I’ll throw out some obscure (but correct) reference or terminology just so he knows I pay attention.

Iron Man is my favorite Marvel movie by far…




“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page
 
Posts: 4905 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I didn't care for the series but watched it all the way through because it was something different.

The last episode was a steaming pile of poo. Marvel is at that point where it needs to STFU and stop making movies for a few decades because the quality continues to drop.
 
Posts: 161 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Critical Drinker nails it again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zNCNWZ_w0A

Glad I didn't waste any time on this series.




 
Posts: 4486 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Yes that is definitely Kang.

Same backstory as he had in the comics, and the statue at the end looked like his armor, minus the helmet.

I enjoyed it, it wasnt the same old thing. It could have been better, but I have seen a lot worse.

The ending to me made it more interesting, not just the ususal beat the bad guy up and off you go.

You think the system sucks, OK, you run it and see if your willing to do bad things to keep even worse things from happening.




Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
 
Posts: 10073 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a solidly entertaining show that ended on a bit weak of a note, but still better than most shows, so definitely worth a viewing.
 
Posts: 3163 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Loki Discussion Thread

© SIGforum 2021