SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Loki Discussion Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loki Discussion Thread Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Why must socio-politics find every thread? It was a 9 seconds veiled reference within one episode. Let it go. Roll Eyes

Probably because the left pushes their ideology into everything to normalize it and destroy our society. Many of us being done with their propaganda shouldn't bother you as you continue to enjoy it.

:thumbsup: WELL SAID!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I'll check back later on the off chance this thread returns to discussing the plot.

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Episode 3 was shit. Everything was out of character for Loki. I felt like they had a nice bead on him in the first two episodes and then all of a sudden his brain turned to dog shit.

Disappointing.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Look, I can't be the only one to have read the Norse myths, myths that were around a thousand or more years before comics or movies existed. Loki was/is chaos, mischief, fluidity. He was a female horse and gave birth to Odin's horse Sleipnir. There are other tricks he played on the gods pretending to do a lot of things. This isn't Hollywood, except trying to be true to the actual Norse depiction of Loki.

Now, on to Ep. 3. Weak. Doesn't build any character really and goes nowhere. I am formally "raising my eyebrow" and expecting better. But honestly there is always that one bad episode, glad they got it done now, right? RIGHT?!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I hope so. I couldn’t care less about the fluidity of a character, as long as they’re written well.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm just gonna call it now: Disney+ is the death of all that was good about any MCU character.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Episode 3 was shit. Everything was out of character for Loki. I felt like they had a nice bead on him in the first two episodes and then all of a sudden his brain turned to dog shit.

Disappointing.

And that could lend to the aforementioned theory that REALLY he is under her spell(ish), but because he has a strong mind, she is playing him an alternate story where they collaborate in a sub-fictional story in order to get what she needs from him.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I'm just gonna call it now: Disney+ is the death of all that was good about any MCU character.

Wandavision was good, but Falcon and the Winter Soldier pretty much dumped both characters. Loki could go either way right now. If Loki tanks, it probably won’t be because of any wokeness, but because it takes away what was fun and interesting about the character.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I thought he was manipulating her. He wants to find out what she knows and how she does what she does. He wants this info purely for his own benefit then he will turn on her like he does on everyone.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I thought he was manipulating her. He wants to find out what she knows and how she does what she does. He wants this info purely for his own benefit then he will turn on her like he does on everyone.

Well, as for turning on each other, they are BOTH Loki variants and turning on others and self-interest is what they DO. Loki might be in a controlled illusion state from Sylvie. Why bother explaining how the process works without using it as a major plot driver. But we'll see.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Ok, I finally saw the third episode. I did not like it.

Loki acted WAYYYYYY out of character, IMO. At one point, he gets drunk and starts singing VERY publicly. I mean, they are on the run, desperate to escape a planet they know is doomed to destruction, and at least SHOULD be trying to lay low. It reminded me of Pippin in the first Lord of the Rings movie, where the Hobbits are trying to lay low, and then Pippin goes full retard making a public spectacle of himself and LOUDLY calling out Frodo to the entire bar full of shady folks (of course, this was out of character for Pippin, since in the books, he was actually really street-wise and smart - the books made him into a literal fool/comic relief).

Oh, and to enable this, female Loki falls asleep in the bar car (ok, MAYBE she was exhausted, but they could at LEAST have found somewhere more private to crash in, instead of the freaking crowded BAR CAR).

Earlier, Loki was having a deep conversation about love (talking probably of his mother, since we've not seen any legit love interest for him yet). It was a great performance, and Tom Hiddleston really sold it. Not 2 minutes of screen time later, though, he blows the mission and screws EVERYTHING up for no valid reason whatsoever.

The entire episode felt completely different than the first 2 (which I really liked). I wonder if it had anything to do with whoever directed it. I know the last episode of Season 1 of The Mandalorian was WAY different than the previous episodes - they let different people direct those episodes, too. I hope they don't go this route - different directors (or producers - whatever) do things differently. I like consistency in shows - having 3 different episodes directed differently by 3 different people can lead to disjointed and non-consistent story-telling. I HOPE this episode was an aberration and goes back to 'normal' for Episode 4.

Oh, there are more hints that things at the TVA are not all as they seem. Without getting into particulars, it seems as though there might be a 'WandaVision' kind of plot twist involved. . .

I did like the interaction between the Lokis. Both trying to kill each other, both holding back because they each need each other, but it kills them to admit it. Neither can trust the other, as they are BOTH Loki, and they should know better than anybody "Never trust a Loki.". .

As for the 'woke' thing about Loki's 'identity,' it was a blink-and-you'll-miss-it 3 second moment. If that is a deal-breaker for you, then whatever. It was nothing to me, and I'll continue to watch. I mean, in mythology, Loki turned into a HORSE, and had 'relations' with ANOTHER horse (at least, I HOPE it was another horse Eek ), and GAVE BIRTH to Odin's six-legged horse (the one he rode when confronting Laufy on Jotenheim in Thor I). THAT is some creepy stuff right there. At best, the scene in Episode 3 was a nod to mythology; at worst, it was a VERY tame and very cursory nod to the 'alternate lifestyle' crowd.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fourth epsiode review:

Whaaa?

I leave it at that, for now

Posts: 184 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I do not pay to watch them!

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gocad:
Fourth epsiode review:

Whaaa?

I leave it at that, for now

Yeah, kind of agree. At least the plot is moving along instead of stagnating like in episode 3, with new questions that need answering. But, the Loki/Sylvie dynamic just isn’t doing it for me and has become even less interesting.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Just watched episode 4 last night. I actually thought it was pretty good. Did you guys see the end credits scene? I think it's important.

posted Hide Post
Episode #4 better than #3 to be sure. Almost on -par with first two. I DID stick around to the end credits scene, after going back because my wife turned it off. Sure it's important, not entirely sure what I was seeing, but stay tuned...

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Saw episode 4 last night. I have no idea what the end-credits scene was, either, but I think that was the point.

4 was good, back to the quality of the first two episodes, IMO. It's getting deeper and deeper. I figured from the beginning there was something 'off' about the Time Lords. This confirmed it.

I LOVED seeing Lady Sif again. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Word on the street is, a black Thor, and a young Loki, and very old Loki.

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Word on the street is, a black Thor, and a young Loki, and very old Loki.

You forgot the gator.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they’re all Lokis. I think the black man with the hammer is from a timeline where Loki got the hammer instead of Thor.