SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite CCR song
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Favorite CCR song Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Are there any "bad" CCR songs? For me, they are all good. Proud Mary, Fortunate Son, Midnight Special, Running Through the Jungle, Bad Moon Rising, Suzy Q, Lodi, Who will Stop the Rain, Have You Seen The Rain, and Down on the Corner:

[FLASH_VIDEO/FLASH_VIDEO]

Not found one I don't like yet. I had to struggle to come up with one #1 Fortunate Son, with Down on the Corner/Run Through the Jungle tied for second, and every other song of theirs tied for third.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Fortunate Son.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Report This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
Proud Mary.
I raced snowmobiles back in North Dakota in the 70's. I named every snowmobile Proud Mary .Won a lot of races.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Report This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
Who will stop the rain is my pick from CCR. I can remember a time when I'd play that song on repeat for hours.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Report This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I like most of CCR songs. Some people confuse what Run Through the Jungle is about, Here is what Fogerty said about the meaning.

However, in a 2016 interview, Fogerty explained that the song is actually about the proliferation of guns in the United States.

"The thing I wanted to talk about was gun control and the proliferation of guns... I remember reading around that time that there was one gun for every man, woman and child in America, which I found staggering. So somewhere in the song, I think I said, '200 million guns are loaded.' Not that anyone else has the answer, but I did not have the answer to the question; I just had the question. I just thought it was disturbing that it was such a jungle for our citizens just to walk around in our own country at least having to be aware that there are so many private guns owned by some responsible and maybe many irresponsible people." [2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run_Through_the_Jungle

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Travelin Band for rockin out, Midnight Special for mellowing out

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
1st- Fortunate Son
2nd- Bad Moon
3rd- Who'll Stop the Rain

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Suzy Q or Keep on Chooglin'.

It's a dead heat.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Report This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Born On The Bayou, Suzy Q

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Bummer.

quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
I like most of CCR songs. Some people confuse what Run Through the Jungle is about, Here is what Fogerty said about the meaning.

However, in a 2016 interview, Fogerty explained that the song is actually about the proliferation of guns in the United States.

"The thing I wanted to talk about was gun control and the proliferation of guns... I remember reading around that time that there was one gun for every man, woman and child in America, which I found staggering. So somewhere in the song, I think I said, '200 million guns are loaded.' Not that anyone else has the answer, but I did not have the answer to the question; I just had the question. I just thought it was disturbing that it was such a jungle for our citizens just to walk around in our own country at least having to be aware that there are so many private guns owned by some responsible and maybe many irresponsible people." [2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run_Through_the_Jungle

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
So many good ones is right.
Sweet Hitchhiker

And they do one of my favorite versions of I Put A Spell On You.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
This thread made me put in a couple of CCR CDs while driving today Smile...one that I still enjoy is Pagan Baby...good guitar riffs...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/M_y-CHghv3w

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post