SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Magnificent Seven -- Which Do You Prefer?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magnificent Seven -- Which Do You Prefer? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The original, by a mile. I found the new one to be completely unlikable (except Haley Bennett, for immoral reasons) but I'm not a fan of Fuquas movies. I wonder if I'd have liked it if it had a different director?

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As much as I like the original (I haven't seen the remake), one scene always strikes me as extremely stupid. When Chris is testing Chico by clapping his hands, what exactly is he trying to test? In the type of battle they should be anticipating, draw speed would have very little bearing on the outcome. Accuracy and reloading speed would be much more important. Is there something more mental being tested? Is he judging his character based on how he handles failing the test?

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I think he was just trying to prove a point in a manner the wannabe gunfighter would understand.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
The original 1960 version, definitely. Return of the Seven was pretty good as sequels go, but nobody could ever really replace Yul Brynner in the lead role.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
As usual, I find myself forced to agree with Shugart: The Seven Samurai is the original, and still the greatest.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^ … a man of refined teste and excellent judgement. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post