SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Mandalorian (Disney+)
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mandalorian (Disney+) Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
quote:
Considering all that's been inserted and built-up in s.1, there's high likelihood that its...
1. Boba Fett
2. Captain Rex
3. Standard issue clone trooper

The clones age faster as a result of the cloning process. Wouldn’t they all be dead by now?

Possibly...cloning began in 32 BBY, Clone Wars was 22-19 BBY, Battle of Endor was 4 ABY, this show takes place 5 years after so, it's 9 ABY.
The oldest surviving trooper would be 42 years old, which is how old Rex and Cody would be, along with Boba and his normal aging.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Possibly...cloning began in 32 BBY, Clone Wars was 22-19 BBY, Battle of Endor was 4 ABY, this show takes place 5 years after so, it's 9 ABY.
The oldest surviving trooper would be 42 years old, which is how old Rex and Cody would be, along with Boba and his normal aging.

And the Empire initially continued utilizing new clones (of the Kaminoan/Fett stock and others) alongside non-clone recruits in their Stormtrooper units. So there would be Fett-lineage clones that were even younger than those that had fought in the Clone Wars.

But this one's Boba Fett. Wink

Posts: 32431 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I agree it’s Fett but Rex would be way cool.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Didn't they canonize the old bearded guy on Endor as Rex? The white beard outside the bunker after they "win" and draw the bunker team out on a bluff?

It's Fett in The Mandalorian, IIRC. Jango asked for one unaltered clone that he could raise.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

Big Grin I know, just enjoy the show

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn't whole point of the episode to hint that Boba Fett survived?

And to have something to look forward to Season 3? Razz

Posts: 184 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Didn't they canonize the old bearded guy on Endor as Rex? The white beard outside the bunker after they "win" and draw the bunker team out on a bluff?

It's canon that Rex fought on Endor. But it's not canon that this specific soldier is Rex. Officially, his name's Nik Sant. From https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Nik_Sant :

quote:
The Rebels series finale, which aired on March 5, 2018, confirmed that Rex did fight at the Battle of Endor, but did not go so far as to confirm that Rex and Sant are the same character. Six months after the episode's airing, Filoni revealed in an interview with IGN he ultimately chose to not canonize the theory because he felt that laying down an already established character prior to his coming to Star Wars wasn't correct, adding that Rex could have been present at Endor and not be Sant, even though some fans could choose to believe that Sant and Rex are the same individual while others choose to not do so... no official source has currently definitively stated that Sant and Rex are the same character.

Posts: 32431 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
a bit slow episode this time.

Man the Razorcrest just takes a beating in this series

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Man the Razorcrest just takes a beating in this series

This episode pretty much jumped the shark as far as believability that just a few hours with a welder would be enough to get it to fly. Did not seem user repairable at all.

And Baby Yoda eating the Frog Lady’s eggs, the last of her species, was just plain messed up.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
im not up to date on the latest episode but I found this cool remix. Guys whole channel is actually really good.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2blOsVSLstk

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They need to stop using damage to the razor crest as a vehicle. (no pun intended) for the plot. Reassembling it in the middle of the desert? And now this? It's just too much.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny I thought the whole damage to the Razorcrest thing is too much as well. All I can say is that they are still better than the rest of the Star Wars movies.

This episode was nothing but comic relief. It did nothing for plot development. It was literally a hop in a ship, and Baby Yoda slurping jello. It did not bring the storyline anywhere.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I think it basically was a reminder that Baby Yoda is still a baby. His drive for food and basic survival dominates his thinking, so don't expect too much from him.

I won't discount the possibility that there is a bigger backstory behind it. Maybe frog lady eggs were what sustained Yoda's race and his race is dying off because they are. Just a guess as an example.

Some speculate he may be saving them and they will reappear later.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Anyone notice the Kel-Tek SUB-2000's used by the X-wing pilots?

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5374 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Anyone notice the Kel-Tek SUB-2000's used by the X-wing pilots?

Those aren't Sub-2000s.

They were using A280 blaster rifles, which are the Alliance's primary rifle. Been used as the main Rebel Alliance prop rifles since the Battle of Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back, and predate the Sub-2k by several decades. Depending on the film (TESB vs. RotJ), the prop A280s were based on either StG44s or AR-15s.

Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the correction. At a glance, I was sure it was the Kel-Tek.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5374 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
The official Disney Store has a Funko Pop toy thing of Baby Yoda with the egg canister, so I am certain that means there is far more to the story than him eating the last of the frog woman's race. There will be some redeeming turn of events related to this.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two things I have to suspend when watching the SW Universe:
1. Plausible military tactics or, tactics of any kind, are far and few between. Frontal assaults is all that is known Roll Eyes
2. Repairs, maintenance or, any kind of servicing is limited to screwdrivers and interesting hand-welders. Not a single crane, hoist, jack, jig, can be found in any scene...some of these set directors need to spend some time on an aircraft carrier or, in the motor pool.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I was somewhat disappointed with the 'Frog Lady episode.' It was too 'convenient.' It started out pretty cool, when the X-Wings showed up, and I didn't know if they were legit Republic or pirates. The whole "Hey, Bob, switch to Channel B" thing got me thinking they were pirates, and I geeked out HARD when their X-foils opened up (like I expected them to), indicating stuff was going to go down.

I did NOT like the whole 'patch the cockpit with putty and fly her out' montage. This is a universe with magic frog puppets, laser swords, and space ships, but my suspension of disbelief cannot get over how a guy could spend 1/2 hr welding his ship, and just fly it away (much less into deep space) like he did. That was too much for me. That ship was totaled, and would have never left the planet's surface (nor could it have after being stripped by the Jawas in the first or second episode).

And when they were swarmed by the space spiders, I saw it as a no-win scenario. When the pew-pew started, I thought a troop of Mandalorians showed up. No, just two X-wing pilots with rifles. Then the X-wing pilots just LEFT THEM there to die on a frozen rock, after saying they would let Mando and co go because of his actions on the space jail. It would have been more humane to 'bring them in' instead of leaving them there to die. The X-wing pilots were total douchebags.

I didn't like frog lady at all until she showed some backbone and shamed Mando into helping her ("I thought Mandalorians kept their word; or were those just stories?"). I respected her character for that.

The episode on Tattoine was sort of slow. The dragon was cool, and I liked how they developed the sand people as real beings, instead of just mindless savages. Mando showed the townspeople how both sides were at fault, and it really humanized the sand people.

That guy at the end of Ep 1 was almost certainly Boba Fett (as indicated, he is a clone, but his growth was not accelerated, making him a 'normal' humanoid). The fact that Jawas had his armor indicates he got out of the Sarlac pit at some point. Yeah, I know it's canon he survived, but it was nice to see 'proof' on an actual show. I wonder how he's going to be re-integrated into the plot.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Last night’s was a good one. One big character debut and one more foreshadowed.

Plus, Katee Sackhoff!! Yeah!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post